Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
People are expecting a big clear out in the summer of deadwood players or AVB is going. He's made it known in the past week he's interested in Hulk from Porto. His minimum fee release clause is £88 million too and I don't see Chelsea paying that much for him, especially since they paid £50 million for Fernando Torres and he's turned into a flop.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Drogba is out of contract in the summer (so is Kalou, but who gives a shit about him) and he'll be a huge loss.

Have to feel like Lampard will leave too.

They have to get it right with their transfers this summer, replacing all those former key players might be costly otherwise. They've got De Bruyne (sp?) and that keeper out on loan, they'd be wise to get them back. Cech is shit, IMO.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Well yeah, hes a world class player, no shit.

Just like if you took Messi out of Barca or Ronaldo out of Madrid they'd be worse off for it, but one man team is a stretch.

Its exactly like Liverpool relying on Gerrard through 05 - 08ish. Doesn't mean there arent other great players too. Are Jack Wilshere/Thomas Vermaelen/Ox-Chambo shit players just because they dont grab the headlines?

It's nothing like us with Gerrard. We had Torres who was scoring goals for fun. Who else do you have who is scoring lots of goals? If RVP gets injured tomorrow and is out for the rest of the season, who steps up and scores goals like yesterday? Chamakh? Gervinho? Walcott?

Echo

Reaction score
Sunderland/Newcastle has been a pretty nice game so far. Sunderland deserve their lead but I can't really see it staying like this all game. On un-releated news the Mighty Scunthorpe won 4-1 yesterday! Go us and our relegation battle.

Aniking

Reaction score
CHELSEA have sacked Andre Villas-Boas after a dismal run of results.

The Blues have struggled for consistency this season and are in danger of missing out on a top-four finish for the first time since Roman Abramovich bought the club.

Villas-Boas, 34, saw his side slump to a 1-0 defeat at West Brom yesterday and that result appears to have been the final straw for trigger-happy Abramovich.

A statement on Chelsea's official website said: "Andres Villa-Boas has parted company with Chelsea Football Club today.

"The board would like to record our gratitude for his work and express our disappointment that the relationship has ended so early.

"Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the season.

"The club is still competing in the latter stages of the Champions League and the FA Cup, as well as challenging for a top-four spot in the Premier League, and we aim to remain as competitive as possible on all fronts.

"With that in mind we felt our only option was to make a change at this time.

"With immediate effect Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed first team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season."

Chelsea travel to St Andrew's on Tuesday for an FA Cup fifth-round replay with Birmingham.

Di Matteo must also lift his troops to overcome a 3-1 deficit when Napoli visit Stamford Bridge later this month.

And AVB is GOOOOOOOOONE!!

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
No surprise that he's been sacked. Now we wait until the end of the season to see if Jose Mourinho leaves Real Madrid.

Echo

Reaction score
It's was obvious he would be sacked soon but I do feel it was a little harsh. He needed time to build his own squad and he didn't get that time. Roman needs to learn to be more patient.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Rafa Benitez (lol) is bookies favourite for some weird Torres-related stretch of a reason.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Yeah I lol'ed at that too Cork.

We've just beaten Spurs 3-1 at White Hart Lane. We got lucky at times, as they were just awesome in the first half and got quite unlucky with the Adebayor disallowed goal for handball. Still, thanks to Rooney and 2 excellent goals from Ashley Young we've closed the gap back on Man City to 2 points.

Echo

Reaction score
It's getting really tight at the top now. But I still think Man City will win the League, Man U will be Second, Spurs 3rd and Arsenal 4th.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score

Echo

Reaction score
Every game is a winnable game but Man U could easily drop points to everyone, same with Man City. I think it's really going to go down to the wire. Whoever wins the Derby in my opinion, will win the League.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Mourinho is definately leaving at the end of the season, the time Chelsea will be getting a new manager. Di Mattteo will be interim untill then.

The return of the Special One: Jose Mourinho spends a day house-hunting in London with his family (but just what job is he after?)
By ANTHONY BOND
Last updated at 1:38 PM on 29th February 2012
Comments (46)

He was one of the most colourful characters English football has ever known.
As well as impressing and infuriating fans in equal measure, Jose Mourinho also melted the hearts of many women.
And it now looks increasingly likely that the Special One could be returning to England.

Considering a return: Jose Mourinho was spotted house-hunting in west London yesterday. He is pictured here with a fan
The 49-year-old currently lives in Spain where he is the manager of football team Real Madrid.
But yesterday he was back in the country he loves, spending a day house-hunting in west London.
He was joined by his wife Tami, 41 and two children, sparking speculation he could be in line for the vacant England manager's job or even a return to his old club Chelsea.

Popular: It is looking increasingly likely that Jose Mourinho could be returning to England
A source close to the Portuguese manager told the Daily Mirror: 'It's no secret Jose wants another crack at the Premier League.
'He has always felt like he has a particular bond with English fans and had some of the happiest years of his life managing Chelsea.
'It also helps that he loves living in London, and his family are used to the city.'
It is believed that Mourinho wants to live in Belgravia. He still owns a flat in the area but is thought to want a bigger home for his family.
Mourinho introduced himself to English football fans as 'The Special One' when he joined Chelsea in 2004.
During his three seasons as manager, he was a regular source of entertainment to football journalists and pundits, often providing them with witty soundbites.
His secret trip to the capital may concern the current Chelsea boss, Andre Villas-Boas who is struggling at the west London team.
He worked under Mourinho during his time in charge of Chelsea.
Tottenham fans may also be interested in the development as the team will need a replacement in case Harry Redknapp takes the England job.
Mourinho won every domestic honour during his time in charge of Chelsea.

The Special One: Jose Mourinho, left, is pictured here behind Manchester United's manager Alex Ferguson during the FA Cup final in 2007
But he was unable to win the European Cup, which Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is desperate for, and he was sacked in 2007.
Mourinho returned to Spain yesterday after being spotted at Heathrow with doughnuts and a bag from Harrods.
Despite having two years left on his contract with Real Madrid, it is believed he will quit in the summer.

Read more: Jose Mourinho spends a day house-hunting in London with his family | Mail Online

Days before AVB was axed, I'd say Mourinho will return to Chelsea.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Great victory for United today :D

Couldn't agree more.

I read about Mourinho being pictured house hunting in Chelsea the other day in The Sun. I have a feeling though, he'll stay at Real Madrid at the end of the season. There were board-room issues earlier this season at Real and there were rumors then from what I remember, that Jose would quit. But he didn't and Florentino Perez took care of the situation. Real Madrid are playing really good football at the moment and they're on course to win their first La Liga title in like 5 years. He's got a really good squad there and I know he still loves Chelsea but why leave one of the best clubs in the world to return to your old one? Especially when the owner sacked you before.

If Abramovich wasn't at Chelsea still, I would say he'd go there. But IMO, he'll be at Real Madrid next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.