Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
After a poor start to the season Fulham are moving along nicely. Dampesy is a fantastic player and they are a side with a solid spine and strong sprit at home. Jol is a good choice to move them forward.

Great day of football yesterday, Arsenal really came out fighting against Spurs. It was a big three points and a strong statement. Its almost like Spurs peaked too early with the two nil lead. I said all season than the stick Wenger has been getting is silly, he is one of the best around and that isn't going to change. Still think Spurs will finish third, but Arsenal gave themselves a big boast in the fight for fourth.

Cracking Carling Cup Final, one of the best of recent years. Cardiff were very unlucky. Important Livepool build on this now.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Cardiff played very well from a defensive standpoint. Going forward they only created 3 or 4 chances. That's why I say they didn't deserve to win it. Saying that though, neither did we, since we didn't create many clear-cut chances. As such, I think the game was there for the taking. No team deserved it or should have won.

I've got quite a few pictures of the day, will upload some more when I can be bothered. Was a long one though, left at 5am in the morning and got back at 4am next day. Was fantastic though.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Christopher Samba has defended his move to Anzhi Makhachkala by rejecting claims he only joined the Russian club for the money.

The central defender joined Anzhi last week in a £12million deal after months of speculation over his future at Ewood Park.

Samba lodged a transfer request in January in a bid to force a move away from Blackburn, but any deal failed to materialise before the close of the transfer window at the end of January.

However, big-spending Anzhi, now managed by former Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink, moved to offer unsettled Samba an escape route out of Blackburn before the close of the transfer window in Russia.

Rovers boss Steve Kean aimed a swipe at Samba following his exit, but the 27-year-old insists he joined Anzhi because of their ambitions to become a major force.

"They bought me for £12m - plus Roberto Carlos, Yuri Zhirkov and Samuel Eto'o. There will be more big names coming, I know of two which will surprise people that we will sign in the summer. We'd like to do what Man City have done."

Christopher Samba

Quotes of the week

"They may be a little club, but they have ambition," Samba told The Sun.

"This is a team with a realistic chance to play at the highest level of European football. They have the ambition and the money.

"They bought me for £12m - plus Roberto Carlos, Yuri Zhirkov and Samuel Eto'o. There will be more big names coming, I know of two which will surprise people that we will sign in the summer. We'd like to do what Man City have done."

No regrets
Samba insists he has no regrets over how he went about trying to win a move away from Blackburn just a year after signing a new long-term contract.

"I don't want to have any regrets," added Samba. "I'm 27 and must look to make the most of my years.

"Of course I hope Rovers will remain in the Premier League."
Credit Sky sports news!

personally i think he did it for more money and less competition and i think its a bad thing for the premier league with the defending situation at the moment!

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I don't blame him for wanting to leave Blackburn in January. They suck (so much so that the Blackburn fans wanted Steve Keane out and Venky's the owners) and he's now got a move to a club that has Samuel Eto'o and a club that wants to grow.

Last edited:

Lewb

Reaction score
Nice Picture Dod. You bastard. Lol. I was at wembley too bro in the blue end. Hope we get our shot at revenge home and away next season. Big 14 games coming up for us! Was a very enjoyable day up there mind. When Turner scored in the 118th minute..... mental mental scenes.

And despite what Sky sports say, Steven Gerrard didn't miss his penalty. It was saved phenomenally!

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
unfortunatly stevie g's penalty was just as bad as adams :p i had to laugh that someone said from liverpool that big names want to go there because of the carling cup win haha

Lewb

Reaction score
How good do you want penalties to be? The speed. The positioning.

Just heaton is a fucking legend

[video=youtube_share;YcXRkS0OJxY]http://youtu.be/YcXRkS0OJxY[/video]

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
think there was an example with kuyt it was really high, and heaton had no chance! although i do agree for a guy whos only had a cup run he's fantastic!

Lewb

Reaction score
You can't save em all! He better start against west ham sunday, marshalls let in way too many recently. 9 in 4 games i believe. not good enough at all.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
marshall said it had to be heaton in net for that game, but after his perfomance i think he should be net all the time, another utd youngster sold because not good enough then turns decent! ahah

Lewb

Reaction score
hahaha yes, thats true. If de gea weren't starting now to come good then you could have done with keeping him. Who said Dave Jones didn't do anything good for us :p

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
haha yes! Dave jones was a legend for you :) but ye amos still hasnt fit the bill and im not 100% percent sure of de gea and lindegaard, but ay i wasnt keen on van der sar first off :p

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Nice Picture Dod. You bastard. Lol. I was at wembley too bro in the blue end. Hope we get our shot at revenge home and away next season. Big 14 games coming up for us! Was a very enjoyable day up there mind. When Turner scored in the 118th minute..... mental mental scenes.

And despite what Sky sports say, Steven Gerrard didn't miss his penalty. It was saved phenomenally!

Haha, never knew you were going Lewb. It was a great game, and Cardiff showed a lot of character. I'd like to see you in the Premiership next. Especially more so than West fucking Ham.

Lewb

Reaction score
Huge Cardiff fan go most places, second time at wembley, which was why it was so sweet to see Charlie Adam fuck up so phenomenally :) haha his free kick with blackpool was heartbreaking haha. We got to show that character for the next three months to achieve that, but time will tell if my worries are right, and that our squad is a little threadbare to cope with this hectic end of the season. We were left with a skeleton of a team the end of last season so we've done incredibly well to be where we are now. Hopefully we'll play like we did sunday against West Ham this sunday and dent their chances big time!

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Former Liverpool and England striker Robbie Fowler is training with Championship side Blackpool with a view to a surprise permanent deal.

The Kop idol has spent time abroad in Australia and Thailand in recent years, but is set to make a shock return to English football.

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway values Fowler's experience to help in the Championship promotion race and is prepared to offer a deal until the end of the season.

"Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler has trained with the club today, with a view to signing a permanent deal," Blackpool said on their official Twitter account on Thursday.

No deal has yet been agreed, but Ian Holloway revealed in his press conference that the striker has impressed and is close to full fitness."

Contention
Blackpool play Hull City on Friday night and some speculation had suggested Fowler could have been in contention to face the club of his former Liverpool team-mate, Nicky Barmby.

But Blackpool said: "Contrary to some reports, Fowler would not be available for Friday's game, should he sign a deal."

Fowler, 35, was most recently set to play in the new Premier League Soccer in India before it was postponed in February due to the unavailability of venues.

Blackpool striker and Liverpool fan Gary Taylor-Fletcher, said on Twitter: "Training was a bit religious today. The sun was shining an GOD (Robbie Fowler) came to train with us for a few days. #LEGEND."

Fowler, who last played in the UK with Blackburn in 2008, is the fourth highest goalscorer in the history of the Premier League with 163 goals.

He would join a Blackpool strike force which already contains 38-year-old Kevin Phillips and 35-year-old Brett Ormerod.

Crazy stuff if it helps blackpool then sign him, imo he's past it!

Status
Not open for further replies.