Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
To address what Dods said, okay it is possible that what Surez actually said can't be classed as racist, but even if that is the case it matters not at this point, because he was found guilty, he accepted his punishment and that should have been the end of and the reason it wasn't the end of it was because of Surez's actions. Weather he was guilty or not, he still should have shook the man's hand end of.

Troy you are really clutching at straws now. First of all I was under the impression that Surez had claimed that what he said was considered the norm in his country, but that he accepted that it was not acceptable in this country. Also it was agreed between the two clubs during the week that there would be a handshake, and on that basis there is no excuse. As for Evra if he was willing to shake hands then Surez should have no problems and personally I think Evra's response was understandable, although I disagree with his over the top celebration at the end.

The Tevez saga is strange, months ago City won't bothered if what he did as they had at least three top class strikers and were flying, but now with their dip in form and the recent injuries suddenly a fit and firing Tevez would be a huge boast. Personally I think they should stick to their guns and leave him out in the cold, the way he acted was disgraceful and at the time I thought Mechini handled him very well.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Suarez is a bitch, he was in Holland and he is now.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
So what does everyone think about Mick Mcarthy's sacking from Wolves and who do you think should take over?

Personally I think it is a bit of a silly move to sack him with only 13 games left, if they were rooted to the bottom like Wigan I could understand it, but it is very close and Mick kept them up the past two years so whose to say he wouldn't do it again. Fact is Mcarthy has done a great job there for five plus years and he deserved the backing. To me Wolves are in a bit of fulse position when you look at some of the players they have there, and and the support.

Anyway someone like Warnock would be a good choice given his passion and abililty to get the best out of players. Bruce does have plenty of dog fight experience, but didn't do his chances any good with the mess he made of Sunderland. Carbsley seems the favourite now. He is another guy I really like with a lot of experience, but then again he has been out of management for four years now, so that would be a gamble. This may comeback to bite Wolves!.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The problem I see with Wolves is that their interviewing both Bruce and Warnock, two guys we're just sacked from their clubs because of how poor they had been and how close they were sitting to the relegation zone. Curbishley has a good record but seems to have been out of the game for a while so that's my only worry with him. Prior to Mick's sacking I wanted Wolves to stay up because I loved his personality, but now I couldn't give two shits whether they're relegated or not.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'm like Dale, before I wanted them to stay up, now I couldn't give a slightest whether they stay up or go back down to the Championship.

I hope Steve Bruce doesn't get the job because i'm a Man U fan, and I want Bruce to have success at a club which has some stability. And Wolves isn't that club IMO. I don't see Neil Warnock getting the job, simply because as I read somewhere else, he's a Championship manager and not a Premiership manager. He's good at getting teams up but can't keep them in the Premiership.

I would assume the favorite is Alan Curbishley. I do believe Wolves' Chief Executive came out and said that Alan Curbishley is the type of manager they're looking for. Curbishley himself has said he'd be interested to talk to Wolves should they want to talk to him too.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I live in Wolves and the local paper seems to think Curbs is a lock to take it until the end of the season.

You can definitely rule out Warnock, hes hated here in the Black Country.

Aniking

Reaction score
You can definitely rule out Warnock, hes hated here in the Black Country.

Alex McLeish was hated by Villa fans but it didn't stop the Villa board from appointing him. For Wolves sake, I hope Warnock isn't appointed if he's hated by the fans. It really hasn't worked out very well for Villa.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I would still agrue that Warnock has not been given the chance to prove that he is a top flight manager. He had a very good go at keeping Sheffeld Utd up, it is not like they were whipping boys and he was only given half a season at QPR who might well have stayed up under him. Lets face it they are hardly in great form under Hughes.

I used to like Bruce, but after the poor job he did at Sunderland am starting to think he is overrated. Think Wolves might be in trouble whoever they appoint.

Aniking

Reaction score
Good point about QPR. I thought Mark Hughes would have a great impact on QPR, combined with the signing of Cisse, Zamora, Taiwo and Onouoha (sp?), but they've won 1 Premier League game out of 5, collecting just 4 points from 15. I get it takes some time to settle in, but he made plenty of signings and it hasn't change much.

I have trouble taking some managers seriously after they get fired then appear at another club, but generally it works out. I'm sure Steve Bruce could do a great job, but I too see Wolves going down no matter who comes in.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well as long as QPR stay up it should be considered job done for now, but I just don't see how they are better off under Hughes than they were under Warnock.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Haven't seen the highlights of the game yet, but we beat Norwich 2-1 earlier today. With Ryan Giggs scoring in Injury Time on his 900th appearance for us. At once stage, I was thinking we were going to drop 2 points in our quest to get top spot back from Man City.

Next Sunday we have Tottenham away which will be an interesting game. And talking of interesting games, Arsenal won 5-2 earlier against Tottenham. I thought it was game over for Arsenal when Spurs went 2-0 up but they came back and won.

I'm still hoping Arsenal don't qualify for the Champion's League next season and that Tottenham finish ahead of them and Chelsea at the end of the season.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Mahamadou Diarra to join Fulham until end of the season

_58742830_diarra1.jpg

Former Real Madrid midfielder Mahamadou Diarra is to join Fulham until the end of the season.

Diarra, who reportedly cost Real £22m in 2006, won two league titles in four seasons with the Spanish side.

The 30-year-old Mali international has been a free agent since leaving Monaco last summer.

The move is subject to a visa being granted and includes the option of an extension until 2013.

Diarra was signed for Real by Fabio Capello and also won the Copa del Rey and Super Cup in 122 appearances.

He joined Real following five seasons at Lyon, where the French club secured four successive league titles.

At Lyon he formed a formidable midfield partnership with Michael Essien and was linked with Manchester United before Real moved in.

Diarra began his senior career with Greek side OFI Crete and then moved to Holland to play for Vitesse Arnhem.

After the successful spells with Lyon and Real, he joined Monaco on a free transfer but spent less than half a season there and left following their shock relegation fom Ligue 1.

He joins Fulham with Martin Jol's side 11th in the Premier League after Saturday's 1-0 win at local rivals QPR. Credit bbc sport

What a signing for fulham this guy is a beast and hopefully will play very well with etuhu, Martin jol will pick up his contract at the end of the season if he thinks he has done well

Last edited:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Nice pic Dod.

As for Diarra joining Fulham, if he can recapture some of the form he had whilst at Lyon that prompted Real Madrid to pay the money they did for him, then he could be a good signing for them.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Good picture dod!, shame its liverpool! hajha got to say tho dod cardiff had you beat :) but ay charlie adams penalty made up for you winning it :) and ye i think fulham can only gain from the experiance!

Status
Not open for further replies.