• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well said! Troy what are you talking about? Even if Surez was harshly dealt with that is not Evra's fault, he didn't decide the punishment, he was the one racially abused here and was well within his rights to report it. Besides the fact is Surez has served his ban now and shaking Evra's hand would have been the perfect way to draw a line under the whole thing, instead he made it worse.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Evra is a waste of space. Not sure why everybody is so upset Suarez didn't shake his hand.

He "racially abused" him? The term Suarez used wasn't an insult. Granted, he was hardly having a love-in with Evra, but it's the equivalent of "mate" from what I understand, the only different is that it refers to skin colour. Just because it sounds similar to 'that' N word, doesn't mean it's the same word. There's a world of difference.

Suarez has a black grandfather. Nobody mentions that though.

He probably shouldn't have referenced skin colour, so if anything it's a little ignorant. But to say Suarez abused Evra is laughable. Evra (along with every other player) probably says things just as bad, if not worse, every week.

Evra is a vile character, and if I was Suarez, I wouldn't have shook his hand.

This is nothing more than pseudo-moralism from the world of football. Ignorance doesn't equate to abuse. People are desperate to attack Suarez for anything he does. Gestures, words, actions... he's vilified for whatever he does. He doesn't shake Evra's hand, and he's the villain? What gives people a right to judge? Evra could have abused Suarez 10x worse than what Suarez said to Evra, yet it's not repeated in the media because people can't bask themselves in glory by highlighting it and attacking those actions.

This whole thing is a joke. Suarez was ridiculously punished, and served his punishment. Get over it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
You scousers are embarrasing.

Just admit he was wrong, and hes a racist cunt.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yeah, I can see how thats worse than racism.

Why don't you scrap the red kit and get a white hooded one instead with "I 8 NGRS" on the back, seems more apt.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Apparently Carlos Tevez is returning to Man City and is expected back in the UK on Tuesday. Look's like he's run out of money and since he couldn't get a move to Milan, Inter or PSG during the January transfer window he has no choice but to stick it out, and return until at least the end of the season. Tevez hasn't been paid by City since he went back home to Argentina & he's apparently lost £9 million in wages already just by sitting at home.

I was hoping Aston Villa would do us a favor today and beat Man City so we could stay top of the Premiership. But Villa really aren't that good of a side anymore and haven't been since Martin O'Neill left.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Yeah, I can see how thats worse than racism.

Why don't you scrap the red kit and get a white hooded one instead with "I 8 NGRS" on the back, seems more apt.

Find me a quote where I condone racism.

I was arguing that Suarez didn't racially abuse Evra, he merely used a term which references his skin colour (which isn't abuse). I admitted that, if anything, he can be accused of being ignorant to our culture. Other than that, all I did was say what I think of Evra.

Read this.

I’m a Liverpool fan and I live in Colombia. Living in Latin America takes some getting used to and after two years in Bogota certain things still leave me completely baffled. Jokes for one, no matter how many times people painstakingly translate them on my behalf I generally remain stone-faced; a bit like translating a good pun to a Frenchman- don´t waste your time trying.

And so it was that I struggled for some time with the word NEGRITO. Negro is Spanish for BLACK and ´ito´ is an extension added to the end of almost any noun to mean- small version of (´ita´ for the feminine). Negra, negro, negrita, negrito, I hear the word used in one form or another every other day. And not only because it is my girlfriends nickname for me! (Another Colombian joke- because I´m big and as white as a merengue- geddit?).

In Medellin this type of terminology is particularly common and everyone is (for example) el flaco (the thin), mi gordita (my little fat girl), el gringo (the non-Colombian), mi negrita (my little black girl), amiguito (little friend), mi amorsito (my little love) etc.. The addition of the suffix- ita/ito is generally a sign of closeness and affection and indeed the first par, ie. Gordo (fat) is often not at all descriptive, but also just for fun. This may sound strange, but when you consider the word ´marica´ is used seemingly at random to mean either, ´mate´ (friend), ´gay´, or ´wow´, you begin to understand the complexities of making assumptions about a language – based on our own.

Let´s assume that he at least meant to patronize Evra, but perhaps in this case that is closer to shouting ¨see you later fat lad¨ after nut-megging a rotund member of the opposition.

An amiguita in Medellin once said to me, about a black American friend who was visiting- ´your n___ friend is so cool´. She was a hip hop head and had picked the word out from American lyrics and thought it the same as negrito. I explained to her the BIG difference. I´m a very white, very middle class hip hop head myself, so have strong feelings about this word and its casual use by ´cool white kids´ – and I hate it. Anyway, I explained the difference and the connotations and history of the N word and she understood and accepted that it was completely contextual.

A week or so later I was in the mountain town of Manizales with the same girl and it was raining, mucho. We were out shopping when I heard her say, ´look, a black *******´ I turned to her and said, ´what the **** did you say?´ and saw she was pointing at a Blockbusters, I had been complaining about being stuck in the hotel with only rubish pirate DVDs to watch. Confusion can easily arise.

Who knows what Suarez has been told about language and racism since he arrived in the UK? Let´s assume that he at least meant to patronize Evra, but perhaps in this case that is closer to shouting ¨see you later fat lad¨ after nut-megging a rotund member of the opposition- than it is hardcore racial abuse. All I would ask is that he not be judged by a British understanding of the words involved. There are many very insulting Spanish words, but negrito is very far from being one of them and without understanding the context of the word in Latin America one can´t judge Suarez (or my amiguita negrita de Medellin) on racism.

If you still want to argue, I don't fucking care. I'm not arguing the toss with people who talk such incessant nonsense.

If incessant nonsense is your kind of thing (and I think it is), you should find an Arsenal fan page which shares your passion for bullshit.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I'm not arguing, just stating facts.

Suarez is a proven racist.

Don't quote some no-mark Colombian, quote Suarez' statement from the inquest.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
This whole incident is a bit absurd. Evra defending himself was great to see even though I personally don't like him. If you don't get your hand shook before a game, it's a slap in the face. I totally approve what Evra did for getting in his face. I'm done with Suarez, the guy is an absolute clown. He could have just totally forgot about it but he had to make more of an issue of it. He doesn't see the big picture that his club is playing like a load of crap these days. Liverpool has been doing nothing lately in terms of winning so this is the last thing that could have happened. Racism is all over football (soccer) so it's not really anything to go crazy about. It was always a racist sport and it will continue being racist. This feud is lame and needs to end.

John Terry and Wayne Bridge is still the best to watch. I always laugh when Wayne Bridge doesn't shake his hand. I'm happy Wayne is playing because he's a good guy and deserves to play. i'm looking forward to the Sunderland Chelsea game just to see that because it always brings a laugh. Terry may not play though because he has his own issues but that battle is something worth noting because it's invading a man's personal life. You don't see international team members sleeping with your girlfriend.

Anyway I'm a happy guy these days with Tottenham continuing to roll. I expect them to finish 3rd as the best team in London while Chelsea continue to flounder and Arsenal continue to be the inconsistent team. This has been a fun season and I'm really enjoying their play. Adebeyor was on fire yesterday and Saha showed he has something left. This Spurs team is dangerous and is very explosive. I'm not counting them out to finish higher but 3rd place seems likely which is exceptional

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The way Liverpool handled the whole situation was pretty fucking laughable from those god awful shirts they wore to support him, to the handshake that never happened.

It was funny reading around after the handshake incident seeing all these mad Liverpool supporters using still images of the incident to claim Evra didn't want to shake Suarez hand and trying to blame the media and everybody else as if it was some sort of big conspiracy. I wonder how they were feeling when the statements came out from Suarez, Kenny & whoever the other guy was.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
To clarify what I was talking about before I still think that Suarez was harshly punished for something where there was no concrete evidence that he did anything. There are so many cameras around yet nothing caught what he apparently said. He admittedly that he called him black/negro but that it wasn't in a racist manner and since the convo took place in a different language it is much harder to figure out what went on that is why I was amazed he was given 8 matches.

With the handshake I can't believe that people are hating on Suarez for that he is pissed that Evra's testimony screwed him when he believes he did no wrong. He didn't want to shake his hand, and I don't know why Evra even wanted to shake his hand if what he claims Suarez said is true, and if he doesn't want to shake hands that isn't a big deal. Evra forcibly grabbing Suarez is a much bigger issue and that is something that could start a riot. You don't put your put your hands on a player in that fashion but for some reason he is a hero for nearly inciting a riot.

Back to other things, will Man City even want him back after how Tevez treated the club? He turned his back on the club and is only returning because he wants the money. Also how does someone like him run out of money? He has been earning millions upon millions for years and should be able to live comfortably for the rest of his life without ever having to work again. I was surprised that they couldn't work out a tranfer deal for him since he should be in demand.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Here's an interesting news for everyone;

[h=3]FOOTBALL star Aaron Ramsey was being bizarrely linked to Whitney Houston's death by fans last night after a series of odd coincidences.[/h] Every time the Arsenal midfielder scores, a famous figure dies. Whitney was the fourth in under a year.

Her body was found hours after Ramsey, 21, netted during the Premier League game against Sunderland on Saturday.

The coincidences began last May when Ramsey scored against Man United.

Next day al-Qaeda terror leader Osama Bin Laden was killed.

In October he scored against Spurs, three days before Apple boss Steve Jobs died. Later that month he scored against Marseille in the Champions League.

Next day Libyan tyrant Colonel Gaddafi was shot.

One fan wrote on a forum: "I'm worried things will get out of control when he scores more."

Creepy right?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If they all happened the same day that he scored then that would be a creepy coincidence but one of them happened three days after so it isn't that closely linked. I am sure that when he next scores a lot of people will be keeping an eye out on the entertainment news to see if anyone famous dies.

Aniking

Reaction score
3 days later is still pretty close, so I think it's a crazy fact. Now that everybody is aware of it, I doubt that anyone will die at least 3 days after Ramsey next scores. Just a feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.