Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Unfortunately QPR are right near the relegation zone after having a very poor run in the last month. Hopefully in the near year we can turn it around, it would be terrible if we dropped back down right after being promoted.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Unfortunately QPR are right near the relegation zone after having a very poor run in the last month. Hopefully in the near year we can turn it around, it would be terrible if we dropped back down right after being promoted.
What made you support QPR as I swear you're an Aussie.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am an Aussie but my dad followed them so I decided to continue the tradition and keep supporting them. It has been a long haul from the lower divisions back to Premier League and it would be terrible if they are sent back so quickly.

Before QPR got back into the Premier League I would simply want the Australians to do well for whatever team they were playing for over there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Right I don't know if anyone else fancies doing this, but since we are at the half way mark of the season I thought I would update my prediction for the final league table. A lot of the teams are roughly in the same place, but there are a few big changes.

1. Man Utd
2. Man City
3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Fulham
9. Aston Villa
10. Newcastle Utd
11. Norwich City
12. Stoke City
13. Sunderland
14. West Brom
15. Wolves
16. Swansea
17. Wigan
18. QPR
19. Blackburn
20. Bolton

Still think Utd will win the title, although City will push them very close. Didn't expect Spurs to improve as much as they have, as long as they don't get too injury hit and keep their nerve at the back I expect them to finish third (what a job Harry has done there!!), like wise I didn't expect Chelsea to be as bad as they have, Arsenal following a terrible start have been one of the form teams, and I just think because of the manager they will finish ahead of Chelsea and take the fourth spot. Fulham are a much better team than their first half form as suggested, and Jol is a great manager for them, so I can see them suprising a few with a top ten finish. Norwich are my suprise packenges with a very credible 11th place finish. Although Stoke have a great side and in depth squad, I just think all the extra games in Europe and their poor away form will get the best of them and they will finish outside the top ten in the end. Sunderland due to the O'Neill factor should not have any problems staying up. In the end I think will be a close call for Swansea, but I think they will just do it, and call me crazy, but I think Wigan will surive again, in recent weeks they have been showing some fighting sprit, nicking points when you don't expect it, in many ways are the modern Southampton. Sorry Troy, but I just have a feeling QPR will go down. They have hit bad form at the wrong time, and sometimes for that sort of club it is just hard to stop the rut. If Blackburn don't replace Kean soon, then I think they will go and Bolton have been the worse side of the season so far, so expect them to finish bottom.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Villa's first win at Chelsea in ten years, we certainly rode our luck, but we got our tactics spot on and got the goals at the right moments. Think we need to bring a couple in, in January and its about being consistant, if we drop points at home to Swansea now then todays result will mean nothing.

But Blackburn's stunning 3-2 win Man Utd has to be the upset of the season. Well done to them that is four points from trips to Anfield and Old Trafford and is a real boast. Great day for Man City, they now must take advedge tomorrow.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Blackburn played well yesterday, surprised they're actually last on the ladder because they played like they were sitting 5th or 6th.

They had some great defense and Manchester United had so many chances but couldn't find the back of the net.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Interesting weekend with two big upsets. Villa were great against Chelsea and I never expected Blackburn to beat Man United. QPR lost again but it was against Arsenal and it was only a Van Persie goal that gave Arsenal the win.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Blackburn do have some very good players, it is fair to say that if Big Sam was still there they would be in a healther position. What a boast for the manager who I am not a fan off, but certainly have to feel sorry for given the amount of stick he has gotten as of late.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I feel more sorry for the Blackburn fans, for having such a terrible manager running their team into the Championship.

They desperately need to get rid of him, maybe get Mark Hughes back.

Also, Henry back at the Arsenal. #winning

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. Like I said I don't rate Kean either, and they might well still end up in the Championship, but right now they should be on a high and need to build on it. Have lost a lot of respect for Hughes, he did a good job first time around at Blackburn, but I don't think he is the same manager he was then.

2. Yeah strange one the Henry one. I can see the logic behind it, because Arsenal will need support for Van Persie and Jan is a tough time to go out and spend. Its one of those it will even be a stroke of genuis or will blow up in their faces. At least it is no gamble fincally.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Man City losing to Sunderland was another upset this weekend and is a costly loss since they could have gone three points clear of Man United at the top of the table.

Surprised that Henry is being talked about at Arsenal, never expected him to be back in the Premier League but it could be a master stroke by them.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
And Fulham complete series of upsets with their win against Asrenal this evening. The race for fourth between Chelsea and the Gunners is hotting up.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Interesting week of Football with those upsets.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Amazing run of upsets, four of the top five teams lose in the same week. Wonder when the last time that happened.

What does everyone think of Rooney being dropped from the team and fined a huge amount for having dinner with his wife. Do you think that he will look to move in the transfer period?

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Lulz typical Rooney. He won't move but he deserved what he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.