Official Football Discussion Thread 2011/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Interesting weekend, there are some fixtures like Wigan/Arsenal, Tottenham/Bolton, Man City/Norwich which should be fairly straight forward.

However the likes of Newcastle V Chelsea and QPR VS West Brom intrigues me. Chelsea really need a result to stay in touch with the leaders and going to Newcastle won't be easy. QPR I think are actually better away from home than at home (the presaures off away, they have players who are good at playing counter attacking football), and West Brom are one of the hardest to predict teams in the league. It will also be interesting to see Sunderland get on in their first match post-Steve Bruce away to Wolves.

Even though our recent form doesn't fill me with much hope, I do think it is as good a time as any for Villa to play Man Utd, so you never know LOL.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Martin O'Neill is back in football as the new Sunderland manager. It is very exciting news and as a Villa fan I wish him the best of luck. Given the proper chance he will take that club places.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Hes good when he has money to spend.

Sunderland seem like the perfect club for him, in a bad position, have a great squad and money to spend.

Sort of like when Spurs got Redknapp.

Deuce

Reaction score
Not a huge Premier League fan but I gotta say I am pulling for Chelsea.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am hoping that QPR will be able to put in a better performace this weekend and will take home the three points against West Brom. They should be able to do it at home.

Newcastle vs. Chelsea really intrigues me to see if Newcastle are the real deal this season.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Newcastle vs Chelsea is the best game I've witnessed literally...

SO many amazing saves and great skills from both clubs

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Hes good when he has money to spend.Sunderland seem like the perfect club for him, in a bad position, have a great squad and money to spend.

Sort of like when Spurs got Redknapp.

Disagree with that point, he didn't spend much money at Leicster and he did a fantastic job there. He is just very good montaviting players and really good at getting the best out of limtied players. Sunderland are in a fulse position and that sort of manager can make a big difference. What he will need the most at first is to sign a consistant striker.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Newcastle vs Chelsea is the best game I've witnessed literally...

SO many amazing saves and great skills from both clubs

I only watched the first half but it was really good. Both keepers made some awesome saves, especially that penalty save by the Newcastle keeper early on. Chelsea did well to win 3-0 in the end but then in the first half they always had so much pace and space on the fast break through the midfield.

QPR ended up with a 1-1 draw but I guess 1 point is better than none.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This weekend is going to be very exciting.

On Sunday Sky have a triple bill. Man Utd play first away to QPR and can go top by one point at least until City play later, it will be interesting to see what sort of game QPR will give them. Then my team host Liverpool in a game I hope will see us get draw. And then finally Man City visit Arsenal where one way or the other they will want a win, but given Arsenal's form that will not be easy at all. In a ideal world QPR would beat Utd, Villa would beat Liverpool and Arsenal and City would draw, but I relaise all that is unlikely LOL.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I'm putting £20 on Arsenal. Man City followed a Champions League exit with a loss to Chelsea and Van Persie looks unstoppable.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
See I have a feeling for City just because with Arsenal still being a bit shakey at the back sometime and with City playing away, I think they will be happy to let the home side have a lot of the play, and they do have the players to hit them on the counter attack. But yeah it is very tough one to call, would like for draw as I don't want Aresenal great run to come to an end.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think it all depends on how Van Persie goes against them, he doesn't have the best record against them throughout his career but he is in career best form at the moment. He has to fire if they are to win because I really can't see Arsenal keeping City goalless in this game.

QPR can hopefully hold out for a draw against Man United but that will be incredibly tough even if United haven't been in the best form as of late.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
If QPR have any chance to beat Utd, it is now. Man Utd will struggle to recover from their Champions League exit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I am fool. For some reason I thought City/Arsenal were playing at Arsenal which does change things slightly. City are very strong at home, although all the pressure will be them to win and Arsenal may get chances on the break, will be a good test of boths defences. I will go for a draw.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Arsenal/City was an amazing game of football even if it had ended 0-0, it still would not have spoiled it in my eyes.

On the other hand I'd rather not comment on Villa's shitty performance, other than to ask how a back four with Richard Dunne and James Colins as centre halfs can defend corners so badly? We have 19 points from 15 played, and relugation battle is still not out of the question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.