Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
To the OP, remove the question mark, we should definitely have an official anime thread . Anyway, Naruto was pretty good up until the Chunin Exams,.
Same. I liked the show but then the chunin exams happened and there were like 15 new characters you had to keep up with combined with a bad plot. I just stopped watching.

My favorite animes are.

1. Inuyasha
2. DBZ
3. Full Metal Alchemist

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I'm reading the manga for Fairy Tail, as I think Todd Haberkorn as Natsu is a serious miscast. No idea how the subs are though. Either way, It's okay. I'm only on Galuna Island arc though, I don't put forth much time into reading manga.

It'll probably take me forever to get around to watching Claymore, but it's on my list. Let me know how it is if you decide to watch it.
Fairy Tail - I find the anime really fast paced, which is the only issue I have. There really isn't a major goal within Fairy Tail unless it's to either
A) Finding Natsu's dad
B) Upgrade ranks

Unlike One Piece which throughout the series is based around his Nakama and becoming Pirate King.
Also, I'm on episode 130 of Fairy Tail, I got bored out of my mind and gave up. Just a heads up.
And personally, I prefer sub over dub now as I'm used to it and some characters just sound better.

Since One Piece is getting really good considering you're at Water 7, I'll probably expect you to watch the subs. I was skeptical about watching and reading subs, but it isn't that bad.
As for Claymore, I expect to watch it because I've only heard positive things about it.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Eh, not really big into animu, have been meaning to watch more though. Friends gotten me to watch stuff like Steins Gate, Berserk, Jojo and Spice and Wolf, which are all pretty sweet I guess.

As a kid I was big into DB/DBZ (mostly DB), Digimon, Pokemon, etc. Rewatched them all not too long ago, only ones I could sit through entirely was DB and Digimon. Everything else had boring filler after boring filler, especially Pokemon, which at times was unbearable.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen Bebop. It was OK. There were a lot of episodes that had nothing to do with the overall arc of the story. I prefer series that add to the arc with every episode.

Fair enough, though most episodes Bebop did do that, albeit indirectly/subtly. Partially because Bebop is more character arcs than story arc, and partially because the episode nature is a big part of the overall theme of the show (the best way I can try and put that is if you heard the song Margaritaville [the original], because that's kind of Spike's character) and adds more substance to the actual story arc with Vicious. There are several episodes of the series that benefit on rewatch due to this, like Sympathy for the Devil, which includes. Even so, for me the variety in episodes, all of which were done masterfully (except Boogie Woogie Feng Shui, that episode is terrible) are a joy in their own right and the OST awesome. Plus, being able to watch most of them without seeing the rest is a plus, even though their is development in them. The ending of Ballad Of Fallen Angels (Rain/Greenbird scene [by OST] or cathedral scene) is also my favorite scene in any anime ever. I love the artistic style of Bebop. But yeah fair enough, it's just my favorite anime and up their with my favorite shows, so I couldn't help myself gush over it.

Anyway, in that case have you ever seen Wolf's Rain? It's done by many of the same people that worked on Bebop (Keiko Nobumoto [wrote the screenplay of both, creator of Wolf's Rain], Yoko Kanno [music], Toshihiro [character designer, don't know his last name off the top of my head], & Studio Bones [animation studio, Sunrise did Bones, but Bones was founded by several key members of Sunrise (like Toshihiro)], the don't share the same director but I doubt you care about any of this) but is much more story driven than Bebop (and has an even better OST . It's my second favorite anime, my only real problems with it being the four recaps episode that were forced due to SARS.

Either way, we can at least agree that Trigun was awesome. Question about that since it seems pretty split from all I've read . . . Vash or Wolfwood? I liked Wolfwood better myself.

Same. I liked the show but then the chunin exams happened and there were like 15 new characters you had to keep up with combined with a bad plot. I just stopped watching.

My favorite animes are.

1. Inuyasha
2. DBZ
3. Full Metal Alchemist

Which FMA, the original or Brotherhood?

Fairy Tail - I find the anime really fast paced, which is the only issue I have. There really isn't a major goal within Fairy Tail unless it's to either
A) Finding Natsu's dad
B) Upgrade ranks

Unlike One Piece which throughout the series is based around his Nakama and becoming Pirate King.
Also, I'm on episode 130 of Fairy Tail, I got bored out of my mind and gave up. Just a heads up.
And personally, I prefer sub over dub now as I'm used to it and some characters just sound better.

Since One Piece is getting really good considering you're at Water 7, I'll probably expect you to watch the subs. I was skeptical about watching and reading subs, but it isn't that bad.
As for Claymore, I expect to watch it because I've only heard positive things about it.

Ah, that's a shame about Fairy Tail, but I suppose that's the case with most long running series. One Piece has so far averted that, though I've read a few people hating on the show post-timeskip. One Piece has forced me to change my tune on subs, which were never negative but I never gave them a chance before due to some bad past instances.

Yeah, I had to switch over two episodes ago. Luckily I'm already familiar with the voice cast since I've watched a two of the movies. I think Eric Vale & Luci Christian do a better job as Sanji & Nami respectively, but I think the Seiyuu of Luffy is better than Colleen Clinkenbeard. Everyone else in the crew (though I haven't heard the shipwright yet [not spoiling who it is even though it's hard not to know if you're slightly familiar with the series]) are pretty equal in both languages. I will say that John Swasey was terrible as Crocodile in the dub, but his Seiyuu was phenomenal.

I've heard very little about Claymore, so that's nice. I have two hundred animes on my planned to watch list, so I doubt I'll be getting to it anytime soon.

Eh, not really big into animu, have been meaning to watch more though. Friends gotten me to watch stuff like Steins Gate, Berserk, Jojo and Spice and Wolf, which are all pretty sweet I guess.

As a kid I was big into DB/DBZ (mostly DB), Digimon, Pokemon, etc. Rewatched them all not too long ago, only ones I could sit through entirely was DB and Digimon. Everything else had boring filler after boring filler, especially Pokemon, which at times was unbearable.

Haven't seen any of those, planning to though. And yeah, that's kind of the thing with long running anime (though technically, fifty episode ones like the original FMA are long running since most are half of that). Which Digimon by the way? Just Adventure or . . .?

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah Adventure, didn't get into anything passed season two sadly. Might though. Worth watching? Or?

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Mustafar Reginald

Definitely Wolfwood! I wish they'd do a prequel about him.

As for you points on Bebop I understand what you mean completely. It's just not my favourite type of entertainment. I compare it to TV shows, I love the Simpsons, but I prefer to watch shows like Walking Dead or Dexter where each episode advances the overall story.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah Adventure, didn't get into anything passed season two sadly. Might though. Worth watching? Or?

Back when I watched I only watched up to Adventure 02 (which sucked, but the original was great) and a bit of Tamers, which didn't grabbed my interest at first so I dropped it. That said, from everything I've read/most I've talked to, Tamers is the best of the entire franchise. It may take awhile to get into since from what I've heard the first episodes are all about character building. So yeah, even though I haven't seen it yet, you may want to check out Tamers as apparently that's really worth watching. I know I'll eventually be giving it a second shot.

Mustafar Reginald

Definitely Wolfwood! I wish they'd do a prequel about him.

As for you points on Bebop I understand what you mean completely. It's just not my favourite type of entertainment. I compare it to TV shows, I love the Simpsons, but I prefer to watch shows like Walking Dead or Dexter where each episode advances the overall story.

Sweet. I would love for a Wolfwood side story, the dude's awesome. One of the best characters in all of anime in my opinion. And yeah, I totally get that. Kind of like how I prefer animation as a form of storytelling rather than live-action shows (though I enjoy both).

Reactions: Senhor Perfect

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Back when I watched I only watched up to Adventure 02 (which sucked, but the original was great) and a bit of Tamers, which didn't grabbed my interest at first so I dropped it. That said, from everything I've read/most I've talked to, Tamers is the best of the entire franchise. It may take awhile to get into since from what I've heard the first episodes are all about character building. So yeah, even though I haven't seen it yet, you may want to check out Tamers as apparently that's really worth watching. I know I'll eventually be giving it a second shot.

Sweet. I would love for a Wolfwood side story, the dude's awesome. One of the best characters in all of anime in my opinion. And yeah, I totally get that. Kind of like how I prefer animation as a form of storytelling rather than live-action shows (though I enjoy both).
Try checking out Samurai Deeper Kyo. It's funny and has quite a bit of action.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
What's that anime about?
Here's an online synopsis I found:

Set during the Warring States era of Japan, Samurai Deeper Kyo offers new, fictionalized accounts of history including demons, metaphysical powers, and new clandestine forces at work for control of the nation. The series follows Onime-no-Kyo, a legendary assassin who is said to have killed a thousand men. He himself was killed during the civil war four years prior to the time that the series takes place, but he now shares a body with a humble man named Kyoshiro. Kyoshiro is traveling with a girl named Yuya, who is searching for the man who killed her brother, but even buried inside another man's body, Kyo still attracts enemies who want to kill him again for his part in the civil war. How long can two spirits survive in one body? And how did they come to share it in the first place?

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
*Me and my friend Nick watching Code Geass and the army starts killing a bunch of the Japanese*
Nick: Ethnick Cleansing
I LOST MY SHIT, HAHAHAHAHAHHA

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Try checking out Samurai Deeper Kyo. It's funny and has quite a bit of action.

You had at me at Samurai. Added to my list. I'll definitely check it out when I finish off some of the eleven different animes I'm currently watching. That'll take a while though, since I started watching Community all anime have kinda fallen by the wayside except One Piece (and even that is being hurt but Community).

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
You had at me at Samurai. Added to my list. I'll definitely check it out when I finish off some of the eleven different animes I'm currently watching. That'll take a while though, since I started watching Community all anime have kinda fallen by the wayside except One Piece (and even that is being hurt but Community).
Let me know when you're watching it.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Has anyone here watched Shingeki No Kyojin?

Me and my friends are doing an Abridged series of it :)