Official Anime Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've seen a fair few people talking about Anime on here lately so I thought we might be able to have an actual thread for it?

Anyway what anime are you guys into?
I'm up to date with both Naruto and One Piece, I've finished Death Note and I'm currently watching Bleach.
I've watched Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragonball Z in the past before but never really cared for them to much except for DBZ.

Rules! Please read before posting!

We all enjoy anime but nobody enjoys having it spoiled, so I'd like to ask everyone posting in this thread that is discussing anime or manga to please use spoiler tags. If you're starting a new discussion or something would you please be able to post what anime you're talking about before if you're going to have spoilers in your post and spoiler tag your post. For example.

One Piece : Episode 69 :ksi:

ERHH MEERRRHHHH GGEERRRDDD!!! JOHN CENA FULLY GOT EFFED IN THE A!

Terrible example ^ I know but in that format would be good just so we don't end up spoiling animes for people who may not be up to date with the anime or those planning to watch it soon.

That's really the only thing I'm asking you guys to be able to do so we can respect one another in this thread.

Oh and also in the anime Crayoslife. Crayo dies. Soz not soz.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Berserk, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Trigun are the three best anime series' I've ever watched.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
To the OP, remove the question mark, we should definitely have an official anime thread . Anyway, Naruto was pretty good up until the Chunin Exams, but after that I lost almost all my interest in it. Haven't even given Shippuden much of a chance, though I did see the second movie (it wasn't that good). One Piece is great, however I'm only at Water 7 (finished the English dub though), so I really doubt I can discuss a lot of it with someone who's caught up. Death Note was great up until
L's death
and then it became crap until the final episode (which was phenomenal). I think Bleach is awful.

Berserk, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Trigun are the three best anime series' I've ever watched.

Haven't seen the first two, but I love Trigun. It's definitely within my top ten, maybe five (spots four and five change a lot). Unfortunately I've been spoiled on both Berserk & Neon Genesis Evangelion, and for the former that makes me a little more hesitant to start it and the latter I outright know I won't enjoy (my opinions on it will probably be the same exact as Jesuotaku's, they normally are) but I'll watch both at a later time and decide for myself. You ever see Cowboy Bebop? If not, I highly recommend it.

Anyway, as for my list of anime that I've seen, I'm going to spoiler tag it because it's a rather long list.

Currently Watching
Desert Punk (2/24); Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex (12/26); Gungrave (1/26); Jyu-Oh-Sei (5/11); Last Exile (1/26); Noir (8/26); One Piece (254/???); Rosario + Vampire Capu2 (3/13); School Rumble (8/26); Venus Versus Virus (6/12).

Completed
Angel Beats!; Angel Beats!: Another Epilogue; Angel Beats!: Stairway To Heaven; Baccano!; Baccano! Specials; Black Cat; Black Cat Special; C; Cowboy Bebop; Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door; Darker Than Black; Darker Than Black Gaiden; Darker Than Black Special; Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor; Dead Leaves; Deadman Wonderland; Deadman Wonderland OVA; Death Note; Dragon Ball Z; All the Dragon Ball Z movies (except for Battle Of Gods); Dragon Ball Z: Bardock, The Father of Goku, Dragon Ball Z: History of Trunks; Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock; Dragon Ball: Yo! The Return of Son-Goku & Friends!!; Dragon Ball Z: Plan to Eradicate The Super Saiyans; Durarara!!; Durarara!! Specials; Elfen Lied; FLCL; Fullmetal Alchemist; Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood; Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 4-Koma Theater; Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Specials; Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Stars Of Milos; Fullmetal Alchemist: Premium Collection; Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa; Gankutsuou; GetBackers; Gun X Sword; Haibane Renmei; Halo Legends; Inuyasha: Fire on the Mystic Island; Kare Kano; Kino's Journey; Master Keaton; Master Keaton OVA; Maze: The Mega-Burst Space; Monster; Mushishi; Naruto Shippuden Movie 2: Bonds; One Piece: Dead End Adventure; One Piece: Jango's Dance Carnival; One Piece: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island; The first four Pokémon movies; Pokémon movies 7 & 8; Pokémon: Mewtwo Returns; Romeo X Juliet; Rosario + Vampire; Rurouni Kenshin; Rurouni Kenshin Special; Rurouni Kenshin: The Motion Picture; Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection; Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal; Samurai 7; Samurai Champloo; Sword of the Stranger; Texhnolyze; The Girl Who Lept Through Time; Trigun; Trigun: Badlands Rumble; Tsumiki no Ie; Wolf's Rain; Wolf's Rain OVA; Wolverine; Yu Yu Hakusho; Yu Yu Hakusho: Fight for the Neverworld; Yu Yu Hakusho: The Golden Seal.

On Hold/Dropped(note: once I got a MAL, I got out of the habit of dropping shows, thus I watch everything through to the end [I hate quite a few things on my list]. I'll eventually pick up every series on Dropped, so I'm going placing both lists together.)
Chrono Crusade; Code Geass; D.Gray-man; The Legend of the Legendary Heroes; Ergo Proxy; Excel Saga; Fairy Tail; Rave Master; Black Butler; Irresponsible Captain Tylor; Pumpkin Scissors; Serial Experiments Lain; Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple; Sailor Moon; Bleach; Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo; Casshern Sins; D.N. Angel; Cased Closed (which I'll be picking up very soon); Digimon Adventure; Digimon Adventure 02; Digimon Tamers; Dragon Ball; Dragon Ball GT; Dragon Ball Kai; Full Metal Panic!; Hamtaro; Inuyasha; Kirby: Right Back At Ya!; Zatch Bell!; Lost Universe; Mahou Sensei Negima!; Naruto; Ouran Highschool Host Club; Pokémon; Pokémon Advanced Generation; Pokémon Diamond & Pearl; Pokémon Chronicles; Shaman King; Solty Rei; Sonic X; Xenosaga: The Animation; xxxHolic; Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
1. One Piece
2. Detective Conan
3. Fairy Tail

Might watch Claymore next.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I could also mention the main stream one's, but I really don't give a shit about them anymore.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
To the OP, remove the question mark, we should definitely have an official anime thread . Anyway, Naruto was pretty good up until the Chunin Exams, but after that I lost almost all my interest in it. Haven't even given Shippuden much of a chance, though I did see the second movie (it wasn't that good). One Piece is great, however I'm only at Water 7 (finished the English dub though), so I really doubt I can discuss a lot of it with someone who's caught up. Death Note was great up until
L's death
and then it became crap until the final episode (which was phenomenal). I think Bleach is awful.
I agree with you on the Death Note subject, I was always respecting something to happen for you know what to be back but that never happened.

Naruto Shippuden isn't that bad but it has so much fucking filler it's not even funny. There is something huge going on at the moment but for some reason they think it's a good idea to put 2 or 3 months worth of filler on instead of the story. I also agree the original Naruto did drag on at times and get boring but some arcs I really enjoyed was the
Sand vs Leaf war
which had
Gaara vs Naruto & Sasuke
, I know that falls under the catergory of Chunin Exams seeing as it happened in the finals of it but I still love from the part where
Naruto fights Neji all the way up to Naruto vs Gaara.
After that it sorta slows down again which sucks :/ But the
Sasuke and Naruto fight
at the climax of that was amazing. The rest of the series just got a little bit boring.

Shippuden is overall better the first series but only because he's already grown into a great ninja and he just keeps on getting better and better. Also the fact that there are a lot of extremely meaningful deaths in the series just makes Shippuden my favorite of the 2 even though I love both of them.

Also I'll remove the question mark now and chuck in a few rules in the main post so we don't end up with people spoiling what's happening in animes for other people who may be watching them or wanting to start.

Roach

Inappropriately dressed Walmart shopper
Reaction score
Website
www.dogforo.co.uk
One Piece I have heard a lot of good things about.

I have only ever watched Yu-Gi-Oh however, not really into Anime.

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to change the thread title?

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
If at all, the bottom left of the post should say 'edit'. You may not have the option though.
It offers me to edit the post not the thread title :/ I guess I'll just wait for Crayo or one of the other mods to fix it up for me.

Roach

Inappropriately dressed Walmart shopper
Reaction score
Website
www.dogforo.co.uk
It offers me to edit the post not the thread title :/ I guess I'll just wait for Crayo or one of the other mods to fix it up for me.
Ahhh, at the top of the thread does it have a 'thread tools' option? It may be in that, not sure if only mods see that though.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
1. One Piece
2. Detective Conan
3. Fairy Tail

Might watch Claymore next.

I'm reading the manga for Fairy Tail, as I think Todd Haberkorn as Natsu is a serious miscast. No idea how the subs are though. Either way, It's okay. I'm only on Galuna Island arc though, I don't put forth much time into reading manga.

It'll probably take me forever to get around to watching Claymore, but it's on my list. Let me know how it is if you decide to watch it.

I agree with you on the Death Note subject, I was always respecting something to happen for you know what to be back but that never happened.

Naruto Shippuden isn't that bad but it has so much fucking filler it's not even funny. There is something huge going on at the moment but for some reason they think it's a good idea to put 2 or 3 months worth of filler on instead of the story. I also agree the original Naruto did drag on at times and get boring but some arcs I really enjoyed was the
Sand vs Leaf war
which had
Gaara vs Naruto & Sasuke
, I know that falls under the catergory of Chunin Exams seeing as it happened in the finals of it but I still love from the part where
Naruto fights Neji all the way up to Naruto vs Gaara.
After that it sorta slows down again which sucks :/ But the
Sasuke and Naruto fight
at the climax of that was amazing. The rest of the series just got a little bit boring.

Shippuden is overall better the first series but only because he's already grown into a great ninja and he just keeps on getting better and better. Also the fact that there are a lot of extremely meaningful deaths in the series just makes Shippuden my favorite of the 2 even though I love both of them.

Also I'll remove the question mark now and chuck in a few rules in the main post so we don't end up with people spoiling what's happening in animes for other people who may be watching them or wanting to start.

Naruto does have some some great fight scenes. Rock Lee's one in the Chunin Exams will always be my favorite fight in the series.

Anyway, since I can, I'm going to post the short film Tsumiki no Ie. It's only twelve minutes long, and it's really worth a watch in my opinion (even from those who hate anime [though, how many of those are going to enter an anime thread?]). Shout out to the score, it's really beautiful.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Recently watched Witchblade, Deathnote, Tokko and the Street Fighter films. Not watched many as I like having a DVD copy and some of them are ridiculous to get hold off.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen Bebop. It was OK. There were a lot of episodes that had nothing to do with the overall arc of the story. I prefer series that add to the arc with every episode.