Official 1,000th RAW Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lewb

Reaction score
re: Official 1,000th RAW Discussion Thread

I also really want to see Batista return for one night, espcially if Flair is there for Evolution

With Triple H being with DX, don't see how this would really work? Would be cool to see 'Tista tho.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

After speaking with sources, WZ is learning more about the all out effort going in to WWE's 1,000th episode of Raw.

While some high profile names such as The Rock and Mick Foley have publicly acknowledged or been advertised to be apart of the historic episode, there are many others who remain a mystery.

A source said that Vince McMahon is not holding anything back for this show. The source made mention that literally anybody was on the table as a possibility saying, “Vince is forgetting about politics, personal issues, any heat guys might have with each other and wants this to be monumental.”

When I asked more questions about McMahon's mindset of not holding back, I was given examples of if Bret Hart hadn't already resolved his issues with McMahon and WWE years ago – Vince would have gone to any lengths to make sure Hart was involved in the 1,000th episode.

Another example given to me was Macho Man Randy Savage. The source said despite all the rumors that are out there regarding Macho Man's relationship with WWE, if the great Macho Man Randy Savage was still alive, McMahon would have not held back on agreeing to whatever it took to get a surprise like Savage on the show in some fashion.

We also learned WWE management has a list of certain people they are expecting to be on the show but want them kept as unadvertised surprises. They are instructing these talents to do “anything and everything” to keep from the surprise of their appearance being spoiled. This includes having the surprise talents promoting that they will be somewhere else during the time of the 1,000th Raw, publicly saying they won't be there or just refusing to acknowledge the episode completely.

The source went on to say with a bit of laughter, that with how secretive WWE is instructing talents to try and keep things, that if someone is openly denying their booked to be at the huge Raw episode, “its almost as if that translates into a guarantee they will have some part in the show and are better off not saying anything at all.”

WZ will continue to bring you more information as it becomes available.

Very interesting read. Man the 1000th RAW is gonna be awesome and I'm sure there will be a fair few markout moments. Can't wait.

Get ready for the ULTIMMMMMMMMATEEEE WARRRIOR. :p

AF.

Reaction score

Damn, I'm kinda looking forward to this. Expecting a lot of cool segments mixing past and present wrestlers.This could be the turning point in the company to which they start putting on a good product again. Unlikely, but you never know.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

I would mark out for an Ultimate Warrior Appearance. Seeing how WWE compares them a lot, how about a Sheamus/Warrior confrontation.
I expect to see an Austin/Punk segment.

Man. I can't wait. Just so much that can be done. Hoping for an Undertaker appearance. How about Taker and Hart opening the show, as I think Taker vs. Hart was the main event of the first Raw if I'm correct.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I would mark out for an Ultimate Warrior Appearance. Seeing how WWE compares them a lot, how about a Sheamus/Warrior confrontation.

Man. I can't wait. Just so much that can be done. Hoping for an Undertaker appearance. How about Taker and Hart opening the show, as I think Taker vs. Hart was the main event of the first Raw if I'm correct.

It was 'Taker vs Damien Demento. I don't exactly know where Demento is lol

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

Nah. Taker faced Damien Demento.

January 11, 1993 Monday Night RAW results - Pro Wrestling Wiki - Divas, Knockouts, Results, Match histories, Titles, and more!

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

Ah, then I was off. Thanks for that info.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Matt Hardy could be one to appear then if all the heat is thrown aside, although him returning without Jeff kinda takes alot of sting out of the return.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Yeah, I actually don't mind Hardy, he seems fine after all that drama late last year, but a return by him wouldn't be very exciting at all. Hearing that theme would be awesome though, I love his WWE theme song.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

Matt Hardy could be one to appear then if all the heat is thrown aside, although him returning without Jeff kinda takes alot of sting out of the return.

Unless Edge and Lita have some sort of promo together. It's just a shame Edge can't wrestle man more cause this could of been great. Maybe he can wrestle Christian.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

Honestly Matt Hardy returning would be just as bad as Brian Christopher returning. You wouldn't hear much of a peep.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2

I really hope that nash returns as gm

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Pretty sure I just put all the pieces of the puzzle together and figured out who the next general manager of RAW will be. Don't know if anyone else has suggested this already or not, but I believe the new GM of RAW will be..

The WWE Universe.

Seriously, think about it. It all makes perfect sense. They've been touting this new RAWActive thing and their increased dependency on social media. The voting sequences over the past few weeks have been trail runs so they can work out the kinks and get the audience used to the process. I'd actually be shocked if WWE didn't say "we" are the new GM of RAW. Don't really know how I feel about it, not going to rip this idea to shreds until I'm 100 percent certain it'll happen and we see it implemented.
Sadly you're probably right on this and now would be kinda surprised if this didn't happen tbh.

In other news Vince is probably gonna flip his lid cause of this.

Wrestling-edge.com said:
WWE is “losing.â€￾

Two weeks before Charlie Sheen, star of the new FX sitcom, Anger Management, is scheduled to join WWE as the Celebrity Social Media Ambassador for the historic 1,000th episode of Raw SuperShow, the award-winning actor is giving the heave-ho to social media.

TMZ.com reported Thursday night that Sheen plans to shut down his Twitter account within days, or possibly hours, due to his belief that he’s not getting anything out of the social media platform.

During the three-hour milestone event July 23 at 8/7 CT on USA Network, the “winningâ€￾ actor is scheduled to entertain his 7.7 million Twitter followers and the WWE Universe all night long with his unique 140-character analysis of the action.

Lewb

Reaction score

Damn you PHX! I was about to post this story :( haha. Crazy though, he agrees to something as set in stone as this, for him just to say "balls to that" and not wait a couple of weeks. I never had him down as a wrestling fan however, was this all just a publicity stunt for Anger Management? Viewing figures for the second week tells me if it was, it didn't work.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
With Triple H being with DX, don't see how this would really work? Would be cool to see 'Tista tho.
Didn't HHH do DX and evolution on one special Raw. It wasn't homecoming because he turned on Flair then, may have been 500 or something, not sure. I just remember them advertising DX and then evolution, but Randy refused to come out with the group and instead had Edge join him to reform Rated RKO

Honestly Matt Hardy returning would be just as bad as Brian Christopher returning. You wouldn't hear much of a peep.

Lmao man come on. Matt has always been madly over. He could walk out on Raw and out pop Christian and the Midcard easy without trying

Last edited by a moderator: