Official 1,000th RAW Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
20120720_EP_LIGHT_RAW-SS_5pt-PRE_C_homepage.jpg

Raw 1,000 is officially upon us, and the stakes have never been higher for everyone involved. Brock Lesnar will return to a WWE ring to answer Triple H’s SummerSlam challenge in person, likely with his devilish mouthpiece, Paul Heyman, in tow. The Rock will also make his grand return for the first time since April 2, and will probably have a few words for the WWE Champion … which may end up being a different Superstar at the end of the night since John Cena has stated he’ll cash in his Money in the Bank WWE Championship Match contract on the embattled CM Punk before the night is out. Oh, and by the way, Raw is three hours, starting at 8/7 CT, not just this Monday but every Monday from now on! Here are five things to look forward to on this historic night.

20120402_raw_brock_lesnar.jpg

D-Generation X will kick off the show at 8/7 CT with an official reunion that’ll likely leave the WWE Universe rolling in the aisles. Triple H and Shawn Michaels still pal around now and then in the ring together, but this is the first time they’ll officially appear under the DX banner in a long time. Expect hijinks to ensue … unless Brock Lesnar has other plans in store for the beloved duo’s homecoming party.

tumblr_m7aagxz9It1qgk3gvo1_1280.jpg

Daniel Bryan and AJ are getting hitched, and while the denizens of the WWE Universe had a surprising amount of well-wishes for the controversial couple, we’re not entirely convinced that there isn’t something fishy going on here. Bryan is a good many things, but a sentimentalist he is not, and AJ’s moods change with the wind these days. Plus, was it just us or did Kane and AJ share another one of those “moments†on SmackDown that The Big Red Monster said he was trying to avoid. Kane has an “eventful†history regarding weddings on Raw; will he add this one to his list of matrimonial mayhem? Or will the nuptials go off without a hitch for once?

raw-gm.jpg

Raw’s power structure has been in a state of flux in the weeks since John Laurinaitis met his ignominious end at No Way Out. The Raw brand has been under the supervision of Mick Foley, Vickie Guerrero and the Anonymous General Manager, who was revealed to be Hornswoggle. But come Raw 1,000, a new head honcho will be named, and the WWE Universe has no idea who it’s going to be. Will it be any of the previous interim candidates? Perhaps a unified WWE under Teddy Long? Or will the grassroots campaign to install William Regal as Raw GM lift off and usher the red brand into its new era?

the-rock1.jpg

FINALLY … The Rock will come back to Raw on the 1,000th episode, and he’ll likely have some important business on his mind. When last we saw him, The Great One dropped the bombshell that he intended to reclaim the WWE Championship in the next phase of his comeback, and he’s already said via Twitter that he’ll be addressing that goal before the assembled WWE Universe on Raw 1,000. Which means a confrontation between The People’s Champion and CM Punk isn’t entirely out of the realm of possibility. Then again …

20120715_EP_LARGE_MITB_VS_Cena-case_R.jpg

John Cena is coming for CM Punk. The Cenation leader gave his solemn vow last week to the WWE Universe that he would redeem the coveted Money in the Bank contract against The Second City Saint for a one-on-one opportunity at Punk’s WWE Championship on Raw 1,000. Apart from the odd twist of fate this represents for Punk himself (he’s a two-time Money in the Bank winner and twice cashed it in on vulnerable foes to abscond with the World Heavyweight Championship), this also presents the possibility for Cena to reignite his rivalry with The Rock, only with the consequences elevated to new heights by the wrinkle of the WWE Title. Money in the Bank history is on Cena’s side, but he has yet to defeat Punk for the title since losing it to him at last year’s Money in the Bank. Which Superstar will win out when the big one is on the line?

Haven't seen a thread on this yet and it's just a few weeks away so I thought I'd make a discussion thread for the milestone episode. And since there is so many different threads out there with some sort of relevance to the 1000th episode. One big thread for it would be easiest to do and easier to find. That's also if staff want to merge those posts in here.. And this thread can also be used in the future for the live discussion thread when it comes around.

wwe-raw-1000.jpg

Discuss all of the news & rumors, favorite Raw moments/videos, and what you want to see on the 1000th episode of Monday Night Raw.

Also, talk about Raw's expansion to three hours starting July 23.

[youtube]rBDsB6KWMtE[/youtube]

[youtube]DlyZYOZFQuA[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
re: Official 1,000th RAW Discussion Thread

That commercial is too funny! :lmao

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Really looking forward to this one for once.

Feels weird to say, but I am actually most interested in Heath Slater, more specifically what legend it will be to squash him.

Plus, BROCK SMASH.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score

I have to bake a cake (Kane voice) best part of the commercial.

This should be great show like we all expect. I think the biggest thing that can happen other than Lesnar is the return of Flair. Flair has done plenty of wrong but I respect how great he was and can't wait to see him.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I liked that commercial. Kane looked puzzled as hell. It shows the oh so great telephone game at work

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

Here's some news relevant to the 1,000th episode:

PWInsider.com is reporting that the USA Network produced the commercial that ran after Raw last night promoting the show's move to three hours on July 23rd. If you missed the commercial, you can check it out by clicking on the above link.

If USA made it, props to them. Very creative. The commercial was fantastic and it worked well. Was pretty funny too.

According to PWTorch, WWE ran advertisements during Raw in the St. Louis area tonight, promoting the return of Bret "the Hitman" Hart during WWE's big 1,000th episode on July 23rd.

It should be noted that Bret Hart is a former General Manager and authority figure for Raw, and eligible to return as a special guest GM for both Raw and Smackdown, in the weeks leading up to the 1,000th episode.
Always like seeing Bret but I hope we get to see some guys we rarely see. Not just the usual legends.

According to PWInsider.com, WWE has reached out to former Diva Tammy "Sunny" Sytch concerning the 1,000th edition of Raw.

The company either wants her to make an appearance at the show, or in the weeks prior building up to the big event.

Would like to see Sunny. She didn't look too bad when we last saw her. Has good jugs.

PWInsider.com is reporting that current plans call for Rey Mysterio and Mark Henry to make their WWE TV returns at the 1,000th edition of Raw on July 23rd.

Mysterio was backstage at last night's Raw taping in Laredo, TX, and is cleared to make his return at anytime.

I think Mysterio will return before then if he's backstage at RAW. Most likely next week. They need to add him and another guy into the MITB. But Henry will still be quite a few weeks away.

Lewb

Reaction score

This 1000th episode of Raw is shaping up to be a good ep by the sounds of it. Only problem I have is them keeping up good 3 hour episodes when a few of the recent 2 hour offerings have been lacklustre.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Wouldn't mind seeing Sunny either, she's not fat anymore so that's a plus.

I also want to see guys we rarely see as well, and I think we will. I've been real happy with the legends so far.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

tbf i would of much rather see Lita and Trish more then Sunny.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

Big Daddy V is gonna return.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

tbf i would of much rather see Lita and Trish more then Sunny.
Think we see all 3 plus Sable. I'd reach out to Torrie and Stacy too if I were wwe because of who they are dating and their past impact, as well as McCool for one night.

If Hall wasn't such a fuck up I'm sure they would love to have him, PAC, and Nash walk out there.

I also really want to see Batista return for one night, espcially if Flair is there for Evolution

Godfather return has been a long time coming too

Dom

Reaction score

Pretty sure I just put all the pieces of the puzzle together and figured out who the next general manager of RAW will be. Don't know if anyone else has suggested this already or not, but I believe the new GM of RAW will be..

The WWE Universe.

Seriously, think about it. It all makes perfect sense. They've been touting this new RAWActive thing and their increased dependency on social media. The voting sequences over the past few weeks have been trail runs so they can work out the kinks and get the audience used to the process. I'd actually be shocked if WWE didn't say "we" are the new GM of RAW. Don't really know how I feel about it, not going to rip this idea to shreds until I'm 100 percent certain it'll happen and we see it implemented.

Blujay

Reaction score

Posted by Steve Carrier on 07/10/2012 at 09:16 AM

- As noted before, The Rock announced that he will be appearing at the 1,000th RAW episode on July 23rd. The Rock added that his goal is the WWE Title.

Regarding the appearance, Rock is expected to appear live in person, not via satellite. Overseas filming for Fast 6 doesn't begin until late July or early August so he should be in the country for RAW.

The belief is that Rock will be making some sort of major announcement on the 1,000th RAW.

I think he'll announce he's going to be in the Rumble this year. I can't see much else he would announce.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

I don't mind what he announces to be honest as he's bound to be a high point of the show even if the rest of the show sucks ass like this weeks did.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score

Pretty sure I just put all the pieces of the puzzle together and figured out who the next general manager of RAW will be. Don't know if anyone else has suggested this already or not, but I believe the new GM of RAW will be..

The WWE Universe.

Seriously, think about it. It all makes perfect sense. They've been touting this new RAWActive thing and their increased dependency on social media. The voting sequences over the past few weeks have been trail runs so they can work out the kinks and get the audience used to the process. I'd actually be shocked if WWE didn't say "we" are the new GM of RAW. Don't really know how I feel about it, not going to rip this idea to shreds until I'm 100 percent certain it'll happen and we see it implemented.

Damnit this makes too much sense. God, I hope you are wrong.