NWA Hollywood Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
nwa-wrestling-from-hollywood_70808.jpg

NWA from Hollywood is an excellent promotion with an old school type feel and some of the best workers in the indy scene today. From "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce to "Very European" Claudio Castagnoli and from Willie Mack to "Pretty" Peter Avalon, NWA Hollywood has something to offer every true wrestling fan. I will be reviewing each show here over time, which are amazingly ALL available on their website, so please check them out as they come in and as always, feel free to post comments or opinions on anything and everything NWA Hollywood.

Oh, and their site can be found here...http://www.nwahollywood.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Naitch

Reaction score
Re: NWA from Hollywood

I love this show. It gives you, without fail, what you would expect of the upper echelon of the NWA: good, clean, old school fun, with great matches and well-worked feuds. In terms of my enjoyment of the show, it usually ranks way above other episodic wrestling programmes; so when I have the ability to watch each week again (currently on very limited bandwidth) I'll certainly be joining you.

One thing that is consternating me, albeit not an issue that NWA-H is responsible for but one that affects it, is the following:

Cabana winning the championship felt like such a huge moment. Indeed, NWA-H made it feel even more so, with a heart-warming celebration for Colt in the ring, where he reacted - naturally I believe - in a way that made it clear that this was a crowning moment for him. He could have had a great long reign, but instead some bozo in NWA Fusion decided to give the belt to the Sheik - a guy who isn't even an NWA from Hollywood guy, after what, six weeks? What were they thinking? :(

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Glad to have you aboard Naitch, I hope to have the first couple of episodes reviewed shortly, I'm including the all Adam Pearce talk-a-thon as well because I find it hilarious. Yeah, in regards to that other thing...

it was the first time I openly cursed a decision made by a wrestling promotion in some time and I am still bewlidered by it. To his credit Cabana has been the bigger person here but I really have to question the logic behind the move. Hopefully they know what they are doing but right now it doesn't seem like it to me.

How about that Willie Mack though? I should mention I had a minor conversation with him on Twitter and he thanked me for recognizing his skills. I was suggesting he head over to TNA if they would sign him, I would love to see him have a run in the X-Division or even with the TV Title.

Castiel

Reaction score

I haven't been watching it as much as I used to sadly. I used to watch it for hours but I just stopped... I need to get back into it honestly.
I love the old school feel to it though, they bring it back to the routes of classic wrestling, clean, basic stuff, no soap opera stuff or anything. It's a nice alternative.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I haven't been watching it as much as I used to sadly. I used to watch it for hours but I just stopped... I need to get back into it honestly.
I love the old school feel to it though, they bring it back to the routes of classic wrestling, clean, basic stuff, no soap opera stuff or anything. It's a nice alternative.

Yeah, the roots are there and the story is mainly told in the ring, which is fantastic and a real breath of fresh air. I'll do my best to have the first few show reviews up shortly, glad to see there are other fans out there!

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com

Since I'm totally burned out on WWE, can't seem to get a foothold on TNA, and have troubles for whatever reason staying interested in some of the other indy promotions, I'm certainly willing to give NWA Hollywood a serious go. I really want to watch good wrestling without the fluff, and from what you guys are saying, this seems to be my best bet.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Since I'm totally burned out on WWE, can't seem to get a foothold on TNA, and have troubles for whatever reason staying interested in some of the other indy promotions, I'm certainly willing to give NWA Hollywood a serious go. I really want to watch good wrestling without the fluff, and from what you guys are saying, this seems to be my best bet.

I would say it's my favourite indy promotion right now, though PWG has some good stuff as does RoH. I totally get the burnout on the "E" stuff dude. I was saying to someone before that I can literally watch their 4 hours of programming in about an hour.

Reactions: 1 person

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com

I watched the first two episodes earlier. It was a nice primer. I was looking through the roster and there's some familiar faces there like one of my personal favorites, A-Double. I'm also high on Colt Cabana. I'm definitely going to jump into the next episodes. Thanks for the head's up on this.

ThePlumber702

Reaction score

where can you catch the episodes? Would love to get into this especially considdering the distance from my loacale.

Castiel

Reaction score

They're all on the website under "Television"
Yeah, A-Double is awesome Nova, I can't wait until I get to where he debuts!

Castiel

Reaction score

I knew there was a thread around here somewhere... it's officially sticky'd now so we can't lose it!

I honestly have watched very little of this as of this in awhile, mainly just some scatter matches. I want to actually get back in the feel of things though and watch on a weekly basis! Anyone else watch this great show? If not, do. You'll love it, especially if your a fan of the old school stuff.

Castiel

Reaction score

Why didn't someone tell me Joey Ryan was back?! I'm catching up on a bit of NWA Hollywood right now thanks to this. I don't really like Todd Chandler & Brandon Parker, at some points they seem alright but overall they just seem pretty bad.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

I'm only starting to watch this now. It's freakin' awesome. Thank you Fuji!

Castiel

Reaction score

Fuji's love of NWA Hollywood is great, he's got a good few people into it, including me. Starting from the beginning or the end, Billy?