No Way Out PPV to Return with New Gimmick

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
^^ Scrap the PPV. The Chamber can still be on a PPV. For example No Way Out
But what's the point in that? It's still going to be an Elimination Chamber PPV, just a different name..

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
^^ So other gimmick matches can be brought into the same PPV. That way they keep gimmick based PPV's at a minimum

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
^^ So other gimmick matches can be brought into the same PPV. That way they keep gimmick based PPV's at a minimum
So now you want MORE gimmick matches on a single PPV? Who would have ever thought you were a TNA fan huh.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
^^ And what do you mean by that? Gimmick matches should be used to end a feud or to fuel a long feud

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Gimmick Matches have lost their mystique so to speak because they are used too much I mean we have Extreme Rules, Hell In A Cell, Elimination Chamber those 3 alone are chock block full of Gimmick Matches that in all honesty unless certain people are in there are not that good.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm sure an Ambulance match ended the Elimination Chamber feud this year so you should just be happy you got that.

As for No Way Out jumping to behind SummerSlam just makes me think they are trying pretty hard to put over SummerSlam this year. It used to be before Mania and now it's before the second largest PPV while Mania has a clusterfuck from the Rumble, to the Chamber, to Mania think about. So I guess maybe we could get some more traditional booking like Mania used to get. This alongside them adding everyone's favorite Money In The Bank to SS, WWE looks like they are beefing it up.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
^^ And what do you mean by that? Gimmick matches should be used to end a feud or to fuel a long feud

but wwe rarely does long feuds anymore, and why would they have a gimmick match to start a feud.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The New WWE.com still has MITB listed as it's own PPV so that whole thing is still up in the air.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
One gimmick I wouldn't mind would be fire surrounding the ring, so there was No Way Out, but i think it's too PG now. None gimmick works for me tbh.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
what is it with users and fire in matches, these days.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
was at no way out in 2002 when the nwo came into wwf.truly an event ill remember the rest of my life.with that said,its no different than say over the limit unless its back in its feb slot.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
No idea considering I've yet to see a good inferno match. Match is limited as fuck and understandably so. I doubt they use the No Way Out name literally for them to make it a gimmick PPV unless they say they're scrapping EC for some reason which I doubt due to the placing of NWO this time around.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I've always liked the No Way Out name and the set and everything else but I don't really see the point in bringing this PPV back considering they already have Elimination Chamber which will probably never get scrapped as it's a PPV they love to have before WrestleMania considering how "brutal" the match is and all the participants they can throw into it and build up towards Mania. Maybe they won't have the EC match at the PPV but then what's the point in bringing it back as No Way Out is well known for the Chamber and what would the name mean? No Way Out from what? They should make some of the matches a Steel Cage with barbed wire on the top of the cage. That would be pretty cool to see again.

Would of preferred King Of The Ring.

And hey Smartmark, if you hate WWE, why do you post news about it and comment about it?

Last edited:

Aniking

Reaction score
The addition of No Way Out to the PPV schedule defies logic as far as I'm concerned. No Way Out became the pay-per-view where the World Championships were defended in Elimination Chamber matches. The WWE suddenly get the smart (dumb) idea of having gimmick pay-per-views and decide to rename No Way Out "Elimination Chamber". Now they have BOTH of them as well as the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view?

Honestly, where do these stupid ideas come from?

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong its a stupid idea but now Money In The Bank goes to June and it gets moved to Jersey! Now I can go to two PPV's within the wrestling season in Money In The Bank and WM 29. God I love living in the NY-Jersey area. Thank you Vince for the dumbass but awesome idea of giving me another PPV to go to.

Last edited: