Nick Aldis suspended from the NWA, hands in notice

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I still stand that Aldis fits better in a promotion like IMPACT, RoH, AJPW, NOAH, and so forth more than WWE or even AEW.
I don't think he fits in AEW at all and as much as ppl are saying put him in WWE I'm not sure what he'd do full time.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Impact makes the most sense. They need new top guys.

And he has history with them they can play into. They won’t need to establish him. Just reintroduce him.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He’s a man of class and elegance put him with Cody as his right hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Impact makes the most sense. They need new top guys.

And he has history with them they can play into. They won’t need to establish him. Just reintroduce him.
has a built in feud with Cardonna too

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I wasn’t to high on Aldis in TNA tbh, but maybe he’s improved since as I have not watched much NWA. So if he shows up anywhere, I’ll give him a chance as it’s been awhile and it’s a good chance he’s got better.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
His best fit would definitely not be WWE or AEW lol

But I can't see him turning either down if he has an offer

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I don't think he fits in AEW at all and as much as ppl are saying put him in WWE I'm not sure what he'd do full time.
In WWE he would just be a wash. He would be another name that is there and maybe get a push for a three or so months and then just fade. Aldis to me has what I like to call the Moose Effect. He is a big fish in a little pond, and if you take him out then he wouldn't be the big fish anymore, if that makes sense.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
His best fit would definitely not be WWE or AEW lol

But I can't see him turning either down if he has an offer
yeah for sure, kind of have to shoot your shot at that age

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Nick Aldis says he is not sure how he would justify the current NWA product to Harley Race.

On Sunday, Aldis posted a since-deleted video to his Instagram stating that he was leaving the company. Those who saw the video say Aldis called the NWA product "embarrassing" and said he didn't want to be part of it anymore.

The two-time former NWA World Heavyweight Champion spoke with Sam Roberts recently and clarified his comments.

"It certainly wasn't intended to be this burial of the NWA or anything like that," Aldis said. "Why would I do that? I would be burying myself."

Aldis would later discuss the NWA product straying from what he had originally envisioned it to be.

"What it has become now is not what I envisioned it to be and certainly isn't what I was laying the ground for it to be, didn't have the core values that I had tried to sort of maintain. And again, it wasn't a knock, it was just me saying 'this isn't for me anymore.' I wanted to do an alternative wrestling brand that represented all the things about the NWA that people missed in the current product, whether it be from overproduction or from a different mentality, or a different style, let's give them all those things."

Aldis continued to say that he felt the product went downhill after NWA 73 and he lost the world title. He stated the world title angles after he dropped the belt wasn't something fans were interested in.

"I was presented with the question, what's different now? Why is it not working now compared to what? And I sort of went, again, you're forcing me to give you an answer that paints me in this awful light but I'm going, 'the difference is you had a world title angle that people were interested in and now you don't.'"

Aldis continued to say the world title picture improved when Matt Cardona was added to the mix but after Cardona was injured, things fell apart again. He said that he was then accused of lobbying for himself to get the belt back.

Aldis said that in late September, his wife, Mickie James, told him about a conversation she'd had with Billy Corgan.

"He and Mickie [James] had a private conversation that he didn't realize that I was privy to and he goes, 'your husband is pressuring me to put the belt back on him,' and you know, for me, that day I went, 'this isn't going to work.'"

Aldis continued to say the NWA product also began to go downhill when Corgan became more hands-on with the product.

"Look, the sad truth is and I don't want to spend the whole time talking about this, but basically, things got harder when he became more hands-on because at first, he was quite hands-off, quite remote, and was just sort of lending ideas and sort of notes here and there. Suddenly, it turned into something else and I'll try to be as nice as I can about this, he's not very good at it. I wish it wasn't the case but again, it's not really for me to say, it's for the audience to say and my decision to leave has come from the fact that the audience has left in droves. It's just not a good decision to be there anymore, it's not a viable option."

"Look, I can't get around it. I'm not saying all of it, but there was enough of it that for me, didn't pass the Harley Race test and I know people will hear that and be like, 'Harley, what the hell?' But you have to understand, Harley Race wanted nothing to do with the NWA because of what it had been prior because it had some pretty dark days. Then he agreed to not only be back associated with it, asked me to come to Missouri to defend the title, to appear on camera, talking to me about being NWA champion and that ended up being the last interview he ever gave on camera before he passed away. That means a lot to me and it was because of how we had presented pro wrestling consistently for three years at that point or whatever. It was we had consistently presented pro wrestling in a serious and dignified way."

"I started looking at stuff like gags, the social distancing match where the two wrestlers can't touch each other, and on and on it went with different wacky, silly comedy, nonsensical stuff. I said how would I have justified this to Harley Race?"

Aldis continued to say he attended a Fan Fest event with Mickie James and Bret Hart in the UK the day before WWE Clash at the Castle. He then attended the event the next day. The experience caused him to consider what might be next in his career.

"I'd be lying if I didn't sit there and go, 'you don't think that me and Drew McIntyre but with the right promotional build in the UK, like England vs. Scotland, people kind of care about that.'"

Aldis also spoke about recently having won the Stu Hart Heritage Championship for Dungeon Wrestling in Calgary.

"I just wrestled up in Calgary for Dungeon Wrestling, which is kind of the new incarnation of Stampede Wrestling. Bret [Hart] booked me to wrestle the match and I'm wrestling Harry Smith and then Bret says, 'I want you to win the title.' I mean, it's the Stu Hart title."

"I was so flattered and thrilled by that and now I've taken it on as a sort of personal challenge, I want to see if I can help get that thing going up there for them because it's the Victorian Pavillion in Calgary and we had a pretty good house."

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Speaking with Nick Hausman of Wrestling Inc., Aldis clarified his comments. He stated that he's not trying to get into the political side of the situation, but he believes brands should do their best to be apolitical. He also expressed that he thinks Corgan has been disregarding the fans and doing the opposite of what they want.

"I'm not trying to get into the political stuff. That's not interesting to me. Politics in this country is very, very split. Very divided. And I'm a centrist. However, I feel like as a brand, you should do your best to be apolitical as well. ... And that's not really the meat of the matter. It's more about the audience [having] been telling them one thing for a long time, and Billy specifically has been disregarding them and doing the complete opposite, almost out of spite," Aldis said.

Aldis continued by emphasizing that he disagrees with the way Corgan runs the NWA. He shared his belief that Corgan is going against what the fans want and called it a spiteful approach. Aldis also noted that he thinks it has to do with Corgan's ego.

"At some point, it feels like he's sort of deliberately going against one the fans are asking for, and it just feels like a very spiteful approach. And I just don't think that it's got anything to do with business. I think it's just to do with ego," he said.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree 100%, there's really no political leanings on sceeen at all that I remember, they never even refer to Tyrus as a Fox News contributor as far as I remember

But Corgan def seems to be trying to "prove fans wrong" in a very spiteful way as far as the actual wrestling product lmao

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I mean it feels like he's trolling(Billy) but it's kind of clear he's not now and just legit being a dick and spiteful. it's really weird and I can see why Aldis would think that's toxic to a brand. Vince was like this at his worst, too but he had the benefit of running the empire

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's like the embodiment of that Professor Skinner meme of "the children must be wrong" lol Vince would book shit out of spite too but yeah he had a lot more going for him where Corgan is allegedly bleeding his own pockets dry to support NWA

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It's like the embodiment of that Professor Skinner meme of "the children must be wrong" lol Vince would book shit out of spite too but yeah he had a lot more going for him where Corgan is allegedly bleeding his own pockets dry to support NWA
Yeah and Vince wasn't ALWAYS like this and I'd even give him a bit of leeway with guys like Roman and Cena because lots of ppl still liked those guys during their mega pushes. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is unironically happy and excited about Tyrus as champ outside Billy. I've not seen a singular positive reception and this has been a telegraphed negative reaction for months lol

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah most people that watched the NWA never thought he'd actually do it and thought the worst we'd get was him challenging :lol