Nick Aldis suspended from the NWA, hands in notice

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I also think your theory of Aldis going to WWE may be true because they've done a lot of backtracking to make it up to Mickie for the trashbag stuff .

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I also think your theory of Aldis going to WWE may be true because they've done a lot of backtracking to make it up to Mickie for the trashbag stuff .

When Impact loses Mickie's last match bc WWE offers her HOF and a Mania match for her last one :slip:

Reactions: Cwalker

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
When Impact loses Mickie's last match bc WWE offers her HOF and a Mania match for her last one :slip:
id feel kind of bad

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
NWA owner Billy Corgan isn't backing down from his decision to suspend former two-time NWA World Champion Nick Aldis, giving his rationale in a spirited defense during a Tuesday appearance on Busted Open Radio.

In a video that was deleted from his Instagram Sunday, Aldis revealed he had given his notice to the NWA and was not complimentary of the company or Corgan. He was then suspended on Monday and pulled from this Saturday's Hard Times 3 pay-per-view.

Corgan's main issue is the timing on Aldis vocally criticizing the product when he could do the same thing in less than two months when his deal is up.

"Ask yourself why in a pay-per-view week and with a talent who is leaving the company, does he decide to start blasting me and the product, 55 days before he's out and he can do whatever he wants to do? Why does he have to bury the locker room and bury the product?" Corgan said.

Corgan reiterated that Aldis was the highest-paid talent in his company the last five years and that their business relationship "proved to be a good bet" with Aldis having his voice heard in both how the NWA was run and how he was booked.

He said Aldis is still being paid throughout the end of his deal and that they simply disinvited him from appearing Saturday. Aldis emailed in his notice to head of talent relations Pat Kenney about a week ago and while Corgan wished he could have heard it from Aldis directly given their history, he was fine with the decision to move on.

However, he is not happy with Aldis turning the focus to himself ahead of Saturday's show and apparently, he isn't the only one.

"How do I, as the leader of this company, allow a key talent, the most highly visible talent in the company, up until he opens his mouth and tells people he's leaving, blast the company?," he said. "I can't have a guy like that show up because what message does that send to the locker room? There are a lot of people in the locker room not happy about this. They have to do their job. Why is the focus not on Matt Cardona, Tyrus, Trevor Murdoch, Kamille, KiLynn King, or Chelsea (Green)? The focus is on Nick Aldis, who is not on the show anymore. It's not animosity. It's just 'Why are we doing this?'"

Corgan was confused as to why Aldis was using the NWA and his name to "work an angle" when he's leaving.

"He's working something. I don't know what he's working, but he's willing to sacrifice me and the NWA to prove something or get something going or get out early to go do something...This is not cool," he said.

Corgan said Aldis never came to him to ask for an early release if that is what he wanted and said he told Aldis years ago that if Vince McMahon wanted him to come to WWE, he would release him from his deal.

Corgan also said his decision has nothing to do with Aldis' critiques of the company.

"I want to remind everybody: everything that he's said, I've been hearing that stuff for years. It's not like I heard it and got sensitive," Corgan explained. "Again, I've heard all of this stuff privately for years. These are not new criticisms. He and I have battled about the product for years and he's helped make the product behind the scenes better with those battles. This is not a sensitive reactionary thing."

Corgan admitted that a few months ago when he ripped on Aldis on Busted Open Radio, they were working an angle that was going to build to something between them in 2023.

He said Aldis wasn't happy with how he was booked with Corgan rationalizing that he couldn't just build the company around Aldis or else it would become the Nick Wrestling Alliance.

He also railed against the narrative that he is against women's wrestling, defending his comments that there isn't enough top talent available to do a better show than the first Empower event they did. He said they are not in a working agreement with AEW right now and part of the reason is because Tony Khan tried to take credit for Mickie James' accomplishments in putting Empower together.

He said he told James they would table the discussion for a second Empower for now and has been friends with her for 20 years. He said any related issues didn't come up until this Aldis situation happened.

"It seems pretty obvious they are after something. She doesn't work for me. He does. They want to get out early for some reason. Just say you want to get out," he said.

this is funny af bro

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
i stopped reading already at burried the lockeroom. nah dawg, he just buried you lol

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
So weird a massive rock star would be a narcissist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So weird a massive rock star would be a narcissist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yeah and let's be real, he was already known as a narcissist and disliked by his peers...who were all also narcissists rock stars. that tells you all u need to know about Billy Pumpkins

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Contract was up in 55 days? That’s crazy.

I stand with Aldis though. Call him up Hunter

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Contract was up in 55 days? That’s crazy.

I stand with Aldis though. Call him up Hunter
WWE fans the new AEW fans I love it

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Gotta continue to knock the Forbidden Door off its hinges
yeah man it's great. I love seeing people being actually excited for ppl to sign places. For a long time signing with wwe had a lot of negative baggage, Even if its not ppl I'm hype for, it's nice that right now people have more hope and getting actual chances

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I thought his booking in TNA sucked too. I never understood why people liked his stuff and wanted him to buy TNA. I will say though I marked for him buying NWA since he’s actually doing something with it for once.

He just needs to realize now before it’s too late he shouldn’t be booking it. Bring someone in, anyone.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Aldis was honestly too good for NWA back in 2018 when he was defending their belt for All In. He was definitely the right choice to help NWA back on their feet, but once AEW came along and Impact brought in new management in 2019, I always thought he needed to go somewhere else. NWA is an ok brand for legends and newbies to break in, but no one in their prime should be a diehard NWA superstar unless they’re not wanted elsewhere and that’s not Aldis and it honestly goes to show you Corgan doesn’t respect his loyalty anyways.

I think the time Aldis put in gives him a little leeway here.

Let the man ride out his commitments. 60 days is a long time you could have turned the relationship around. Shows you though Billy is more petty than wise, however.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I still stand that Aldis fits better in a promotion like IMPACT, RoH, AJPW, NOAH, and so forth more than WWE or even AEW.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon