NFL Playoffs Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The NCAA gives almost every school funds to maintain their stadium(s) to keep up with current regulations.
I've never heard this. Have a source? Generally it is funded through donations and fundraising, no? Guys like Phil Knight or Boone Pickens, or the thousands and thousands of lesser known boosters for any of their respective schools?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I've never heard this. Have a source? Generally it is funded through donations and fundraising, no? Guys like Phil Knight or Boone Pickens, or the thousands and thousands of lesser known boosters for any of their respective schools?
I guess they don't fund stadiums, they fund the academic buildings improvements, which in principle would still equate to a shit ton of money about the same if not more seeing as there are more academic buildings than athletic.
I just looked in the NCAA handbook and if you look under Academic Enhancement is where it talks about the money that NCAA sends to schools each year for improvements on their academic facilities (libraries incldued). for some reason I thought it said Academic/Athletic Enhancement: but still it funds facilities for the school. About 22 million is sent out to each conference in the division each year for that purpose(this was back in 2012, for some reason it's not updated.)

Edit: By the looks of it, about 30-35 mil (3-5% of their start of the year fund) come back to the foundation to dole about between staff & administrative salaries.. It doesn't say how many administrators and staff are paid at the end of the year though so if anyone could find that number than we'd be able to see how much they take home. If we knew that than we could see how much each person gets roughly since we don't know their ranks and what their actual base pay is (i'm seeing 250-1000 people get paid at the end of the year by NCAA) so roughly it would be like 120k a person to 30k a person per year, the latter of which I made when I was 19 at a call center lol.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Early diagnosis is that NaVarro has a Torn ACL.
Hopefully that's not the case seeing as he's very talented and there have been a few recent Linebackers to tear it that haven't quite gotten back to form.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
72e2c9e8080e07ec20e7bc082be7c941.png

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Well, I want to pick Seattle for this.
-The easiest way to defeat a brilliant QB is to go with the Giants' formula. Have a bunch of stud pass-rushers and don't blitz him. Seattle can do that.
-The LOB is capable of slowing Peyton down much more than even my delusional self thought the Pats' D could. They could keep it close enough for Seattle's struggling offense to keep it close as they face Denver's shockingly good D

Thing is, what if they can't slow down Peyton? Nothing else could this year (except maybe the Jacksonville D using the same scheme...) and if they can't, they're cooked and we all know it. Plus gotta go with Dolph's movie theory. This story is just too great to end now... Peyton's taken out his two arch-rivals in Philip Rivers and Tom Brady to get to the Super Bowl, something all the fans thought he couldn't do since he "can't win in the postseason" and NOW add on "he can't win in cold weather... except against the Titans earlier who... lets just say aren't Seattle." Win, lose, draw...okay, maybe not draw...the story's about Peyton. Even if the final score is 34-31 with Russell Wilson throwing a last-second TD pass, the story coming out is "lolololololololol peyton chokes again" Fully believe this is going to end on a strong note, with Peyton holding the Lombardi Trophy up high before he retires during the offseason just like a former Bronco QB has. 38-21 Denver.

Just saw the stat on a random site that "the team with the perceived QB advantage is 4-7 in the SB since 2000 (2 games didn't have a distinct advantage)." Of course a couple of them were Eli "Clutch" Manning vs Brady getting his ass beat by the Giants D and another was MVP Warner vs some dude named Brady... And there's COUNTLESS stats about how explosive offenses like Denver lose Super Bowls, but there's been countless stats against Denver every week. Throw them away, they got this.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Well, I want to pick Seattle for this.
-The easiest way to defeat a brilliant QB is to go with the Giants' formula. Have a bunch of stud pass-rushers and don't blitz him. Seattle can do that.
-The LOB is capable of slowing Peyton down much more than even my delusional self thought the Pats' D could. They could keep it close enough for Seattle's struggling offense to keep it close as they face Denver's shockingly good D

Thing is, what if they can't slow down Peyton? Nothing else could this year (except maybe the Jacksonville D using the same scheme...) and if they can't, they're cooked and we all know it. Plus gotta go with Dolph's movie theory. This story is just too great to end now... Peyton's taken out his two arch-rivals in Philip Rivers and Tom Brady to get to the Super Bowl, something all the fans thought he couldn't do since he "can't win in the postseason" and NOW add on "he can't win in cold weather... except against the Titans earlier who... lets just say aren't Seattle." Win, lose, draw...okay, maybe not draw...the story's about Peyton. Even if the final score is 34-31 with Russell Wilson throwing a last-second TD pass, the story coming out is "lolololololololol peyton chokes again" Fully believe this is going to end on a strong note, with Peyton holding the Lombardi Trophy up high before he retires during the offseason just like a former Bronco QB has. 38-21 Denver.

Just saw the stat on a random site that "the team with the perceived QB advantage is 4-7 in the SB since 2000 (2 games didn't have a distinct advantage)." Of course a couple of them were Eli "Clutch" Manning vs Brady getting his ass beat by the Giants D and another was MVP Warner vs some dude named Brady... And there's COUNTLESS stats about how explosive offenses like Denver lose Super Bowls, but there's been countless stats against Denver every week. Throw them away, they got this.
I'll give the giants D the first one, but Eli was straight diming in 2011. His playoff run was unreal, but I get what you're saying. Brady> Eli every day, all day.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I just don't see what advantages people think Seattle's D has match up wise against Denver's O. 3/4 of Manning's weapons will have + match ups on any given snap, plus Seattle is a mostly zone D anyhow and if you give Peyton zone reads against 4 man blitzes he is going to pick you apart, which is what I expect to happen. That, and I think Denver will find success running when they want to. Seattle's front 4 is undersized to begin with so if they want to pin their ears back trying to get after Peyton (especially when playing safeties high, which you have to vs Peyton) he will let Moreno and Ball eat them up for 5-6 yards a pop.