NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killswitch

Reaction score
People could question this signing especially sense there are so many better free agent backs. Why Addai when you could have Ryan Grant, Cedric Benson, Thomas Jones, Tim Hightower, etc. Belichick must of saw something in him he didn't see in these others.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Addai was never a great runner he was respectable, he had his moments but he was always injured. The best thing about him was his pass blocking skills.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
One thing I've learned is never to question Bill's judgement. If Addai's playing for the Pats now, there is a very good reason.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Maybe he'll have a Kevin Faulk kind of role, where he catches passes out of the backfield. I don't think he's going to be starting for New England and he'd fit perfectly into this role if he can stay healthy enough.

Just looking around on ESPN and The Patriots are fucking stacked at wide receivers.

Wes Welker
Brandon Loyd
Chad Ochocinco
Julian Edelman
Jabar Gaffeny
Donte Stallworth
Deion Branch

I assume Ocho and Donte are going to get cut from the team in August maybe Deion branch, but i can't see it because he has so much familiarity with Tom Brady.

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
He's kind of like the odd man out, i mean he re-did his contract earlier in the off season so he could stay with New England but would take less money but they've just stacked up on WR's, plus they've got the best TE combo in the NFL. So I'd say it's a safe assumption he'll be cut.

Everybody else except for him and Donte really have a place on the team.

Welker isn't going anywhere obviously, they wouldn't have given Loyd a two year 2 million dollar contract if they were just going to cut him. Julian Edelman is good on special teams and Tom Brady really likes Jabar and Deion Branch.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
brady-welker-120506-ts.jpg

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Vince Young officially signs with the Bills today, one year deal no word on how much the contract is worth yet.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Vince Young officially signs with the Bills today, one year deal no word on how much the contract is worth yet.
For the Bills' sake, hopefully not much.

MrMister

Reaction score
Thing that makes me not 100% sure it was a suicide attempt is you never hear about someone shooting themself in the chest to commit suicide. So can't help but feel there is a chance someone wanted it to look like a suicide attempt rather than it actually be one.

Often these guys' brains are mush after they retire. It can go further downhill fast. I've read that other players have shot themselves in the chest so their brains can be studied. This is probably the same with Seau. Still, I was as shocked as all of you to hear about Seau's death.

Onto less morbid depressing stuff. MO CLAIBORNE. I couldn't believe Dallas moved up to get him. I'm not convinced he's the second coming, but with him and Carr are a solid upgrade at CB (understatement). Dallas still has holes, but CB has been bolstered.

Status
Not open for further replies.