NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty entertaining to see teams basically sell themselves to Manning to get him there. He is in AZ now and they pretty much have Warner and Fitz trying to convince him. Personally think it's one of the better spots he can land in playing in a dome, playing with one of the best WR's in the game and will go as far to say he will be the most talented WR he has played with in his career. Got a decent defense, good running game, etc. Still don't get how the Broncos are even an option for Manning. Should be between teams like Miami, Cardinals, Texans if they wanna move Matt.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
He's supposedly going to make a decision on who he's going to sign with sometime this upcoming week, I agree that Arizona would be a good fit but think he'll end up going with Denver.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah I think he's Denver bound too. I don't see Manning meshing well with an organization like Arizona. Denver is a prestigious franchise, very close to being championship caliber, they've had recent issues with their HC position and need a leader both on and off the feild. That's a situation Manning can't resist. Arizona is a trash organization with very little to offer Manning beyond money. If that's all Manning wanted, mayb I could see him going there, but he still wants to compete for a championship obviously.

Showtime

Reaction score
He should go to the Niners, Dolphins, Seahawks, or Texans if he wants a championship. I don't see him getting one with the Broncos.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Denver really doesn't have much to offer him in terms of talent on that offense. Their best WR they got now on most teams is a 2nd WR at best. That team is pretty much set up to be a running team. So don't feel that is a good spot for him to win a championship at. Best spot imo would be Niners or Texans.

Showtime

Reaction score
Receivers really aren't the problem, I'd say, he can make a good receiver out of nearly anyone. Don't they have Stokley? Maybe he'll just make him a 1000 yard receiver again. :side:

Niners or Texans would give him an incredible chance, but I don't see him going to either. He apparently said he doesn't want to go to the AFC and he isn't the type of guy that would go to a division rival.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He can make WR's look better than they are but better to do that with more talented WR's in the first place. Not really just the WR's tho like I said it's the overall offense of the Broncos they're set up to be a running team unless they overhaul the offense which is possible.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Demaryius Thomas is a big play guy, Manning could make him a star. Personally I think team wise Seattle or Miami needs him the most but if he just wants a championship SF or even Balt makes sense. Not sure if Baltimore is interested though.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
While I of course wouldn't mind them at all going for Manning, Flacco has probably given them enough confidence to just keep rolling with him. Had had nice success in the playoffs thus far and was damn near about to lead the Ravens to the super bowl but....yeah. I've said it before months ago but will say another team that needs to really look to get Manning and trade their QB is the Cowboys. I just think it's time to move on from Romo and the thought of the amount of talent around Manning would just be scary. Also would be fun to see him in the same division as his brother.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The San Francisco 49ers and receiver Randy Moss have agreed to terms on a one-year deal, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Moss worked out for the 49ers on Monday, with coach Jim Harbaugh throwing him passes.

Wonder how Moss is going to work out with Alex Smith, assuming he's the QB next season and not Peyton.

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Chicago Bears trade two third rounders to the Dolphins for Brandon Marshall. Pretty good pick up, gives the Bears a much needed upgrade at the position.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Awesome move for the Bears which was the place that Marshall should have went in the first place to play with Cutler again. Bears are gonna be a damn good force now but two 3rd rounders pretty cheap for a pro bowl WR though.

Status
Not open for further replies.