NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
So, just to get a good discussion going here.

If Eli wins the Superbowl this year, will he finally be out of the shadow of Peyton? will people recognize him as the better of the two?

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I'm a Giants fan and even I know that's a stupid remark. Two Super Bowl rings will establish him as an elite quarterback for good... but it doesn't erase the fact that Peyton has four MVPs.

Showtime

Reaction score
Eli will never be better than Peyton. Ever. It's nothing against Eli either, he is elite, but Peyton is one of the best of all time. Eli has a great team, Brady has the best receiving group in the NFL by far, and Peyton, well he has had one of the worst defensives, one of the worst running games, and a subpar receiving group and yet he has gotten them to playoffs every year and made them a conteder.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Just will never happen because Peyton skill wise is one of the best we've ever seen. Then this year we really saw Peyton's value as we've never seen before when it comes to a team without their QB. Guy makes his defense look better than it is and Wayne goes from looking like a number 1 pro bowl WR to a slot WR for other teams. You could say well the QB they had in place for Peyton was shitty but Fitz is one of the best in the league and besides Warner plays with serviceable QB's at best through out his career.

So just based on that stuff alone not even taking into account everything else sadly for Eli I don't think people will see him as Peyton's equal let alone better than him. He's just stuck in a interesting situation.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
lmao if Eli wins this Super Bowl and possibly another one, he will leave a greater legacy than his brother Peyton who won't win another one. He'll be lucky if he even still plays for the Colts after this coming offseason.

And the Colts' performance without him this year was just embarrassing. Even without their QB, they're not bottom-of-the-barrel bad. That was just poor coaching and not having a decent backup that's familiar with the system, (also a fault on the head coach).

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Best rookie QB of all time... Cam Newton is headin to the Pro Bowl. All he has to do now is take the Rookie of the Year trophy.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
Kyle Williams played with a shoulder injury

610x56.jpg

Between his two costly fumbles and death threats from deranged fans, 49ers punt returner Kyle Williams had a rough Sunday night.

It’s a good thing, then, that he has a father who understands some of what he’s going through. Kenny Williams is a former major league outfielder and the current general manager of the Chicago White Sox isn’t a stranger to people going too far when their favorite team falls short of their goals.
“I’m used to the years of criticism and threats on my life from time to time, but I have to hear about threats on your son’s life while you’re watching TV and it certainly makes you question our culture of sports as it stands,” the elder Williams said to ESPNChicago.com. “I told his mother on the way out exactly what was coming. That’s the nature of the beast.”

Kenny Williams also said that his son was spending Monday getting treatment for a shoulder injury he suffered during the third quarter of the 23-20 loss to the Giants. The severity of the injury isn’t known, but Kyle Williams thinks he may have separated his shoulder. The elder Williams wants to make sure that no one thinks that talking about the injury is a way to deflect blame for what happened on the two fateful punts, though.

“He felt he could get the job done. He didn’t. End of story,” Kenny Williams said when asked if the injury contributed to either fumble.

I feel like when a player fucks up for his team nowadays it's always blamed on an injury.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Seriously, shit is getting annoying. What does his shoulder have to do with the ball hitting his leg. What's next Cundiff played with a broken leg?

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
Well, there might be an excuse after all, though it’s not coming from Cundiff and it places all the blame on him. According to TMZ, Cundiff, while practicing kicks on the sideline, was unaware of the Ravens field position and coaches were “furious” that Cundiff wasn’t ready to kick.

:lol:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So not only did he fuck up he is a dumb ass as well. Release him please now.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Wow... what a way to cost your team.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I don't care who wins.

I just hope there are a lot of injuries on both sides.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Still not really over the Ravens loss so yeah not really caring who wins either. So much so to the point where in my franchise mode on Madden I released Billy Cundiff

Status
Not open for further replies.