NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I hope the Giants win this week. I feel that they can go far if they get past the first round..

Falcons/Giants is a tough one, could easily go either way. I think good Eli shows up, the Giants defense puts pressure on Ryan and they wrap it up in the fourth. Giants by a TD

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I actually think the Falcons get the win here, i kind of feel like their one of those teams not many people are talking about. The majority of people I've talked to and from what I've seen on ESPN and NFL Network say the top 4 favorites to win the Superbowl are the Saints,Packers, Patriots and Ravens. Feel like the Falcons could be one of those teams that surprise everybody.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
na i think the g-men take it because JPP goes all beat mode on them, and the falcon's d is pretty bad i think eli/cruz can tear them up.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Does anyone else agree Broncos/Steelers will be the story of Tebow getting Tebagged? I don't care if the Steeler offense is banged up, they could take on the Broncos D just fine. They'll score plenty to put pressure on captain jesus, and Tebow will respond with something like 35% completions, 2 turnovers, 1 TD max. Steelers by 20+

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I know, and i hate going against Victor Cruz because he's one of my favorite receivers now. Just one of those feelings.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah Killswitch, Steelers D > Tebow.

And yeah somewhere around 20+ I'm actually gonna say 27-7

And not even because i don't like Tebow, it's just this is his first playoff game in the NFL and he's going against a team that's basically in the playoffs every year, with a proven D and even though their offense isn't running on all cylinders due to injuries the SteelersD should be able to keep them in the game.

Last edited:

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Saints are going to run riot over Lions. I'd like an upset, since I fancy our chances against Lions more than Saints, but Saints are just so much better than Lions. Especially when Brees is up against such a sucky pass defense.

Hilarious as another Tebowing would be, I can't see it happening. Steelers defense too good for the Broncos.

I'm backing Giants to take the Falcons. Manning/Cruz combination should be enough to clinch it. Moreover, Ryan will struggle against the Giants pass rush. Add to that, the game's at Meadowlands. Giants have this.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'll watch the Bengals/Texans game but wont pay too much attention.

Saints/Lions tonight, that's the game I'm most interested in.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This game has been alright so far not really stand out tho.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah, noting special kind of seems like a regular season game.

The Saints/Lions game on at 830 is going to be good though, expecting close to a thousand yards in offense combined.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That and the Broncos/Steelers game are the most interesting to be for wildcard weekend. That game mostly because I'm curious how Tebo will do against the Steelers D and if Ben can do enough with that fucked up ankle.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I was watching the game... the SMU game vs. Pitt was pretty good. This game... is eh. Decided to go to Madden.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Steelers should be able to handle the Broncos, the O-line is going to have to protect Big Ben like crazy from Dumervile and Von Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.