NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
For years now Romo has been making a mockery of the Cowboy's QB legacy. When you get touted as much as he has you should be a legend instead of an average QB.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
It's not official, but Robert Griffin III's father gave strong indications that his son is headed to the NFL.

"I met with my son (Friday) and his schedule is pretty much he will attend the Sugar Bowl here in New Orleans (where the Griffins live), then next weekend he will meet with five agents and select the right agent to represent him and plan a good pre-draft process," Griffin II told colleague Chris Mortensen. "After that he will sit down with three of his coaches at Baylor on Wednesday or Thursday (Jan. 11 or 12) and make it official."
That's from ESPN, seems like he's going to join the draft but we'll see.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's the official schedule for next weekend

Saturday, Jan. 7
AFC: No. 6 Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) at No. 3 Houston Texans (10-6), 4:30 p.m. ET (NBC)
NFC: No. 6 Detroit Lions (10-6) at No. 3 New Orleans Saints (13-3), 8 p.m. ET (NBC)

Sunday, Jan. 8
NFC: No. 5 Atlanta Falcons (10-6) at Cowboys-Giants winner, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)
AFC: No. 5 Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at No. 4 Denver Broncos (8-8), 4:30 p.m. ET (CBS)

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
My predicts:

Cincinnati Bengals/Houston Texans

Detroit Lions/New Orleans Saints

Atlanta Falcons/Giants

Pittsburgh Steelers/Denver Broncos

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
And with those picks it would be setting up Bengals/Pats and Steelers/Ravens for the AFC. Winnable game for New England, then i think the Ravens murder them in the AFC title game.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
3 QBs with 5,000+ passing yards this season. 2 break the record and one came close. Matthew Stafford with over 5k yards... that is insane. and my homie Cam Newton for over 4k yards in his first season. This was definitely a pass happy season in the NFL. And if A-Rod would have played he probably could have made the 5k mark as well.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Hah, I was thinking about that last night i was like if Matt Flynn can throw 5 td's against the Lions imagine what Aaron Rodgers could've done yesterday. He only needed what 5 td's to hit 50?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Buc's and Ram's both fire their coaches.

La Canfora obtained a statement from Raheem Morris‘ following his firing by the Buccaneers on Monday:

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Glazer family for the opportunity they gave me to be the Head Coach of the Buccaneers. I was honored and blessed to have spent the majority of my coaching career with the same (class) organization. I grew up with the Bucs and I was fortunate enough to be part of a Super Bowl victory there. I wish the Glazers, the management, players, staff and most importantly, the fans nothing but the greatest success in the future.”

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora and NFL.com analyst Michael Lombardi are stationed in the NFL.com newsroom Monday as they track all the coach, front office and player movement following the final day of the regular season.

The Rams have much work to do this offseason after making the decision to fire both coach Steve Spagnuolo and general manager Billy Devaney.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay promised changes were on the way. He began making them on Monday.

The Colts fired vice chairman Bill Polian and general manager Chris Polian, according to a league source. A move has yet to come down on coach Jim Caldwell, who is still likely to be fired after the Colts finished 2-14 in his third season.

If the coaching job in Indianapolis opens up, it will be a coveted position. Given the return of quarterback Peyton Manning and the No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the team will very quickly take on a different shape.
Kind of surprised about this, really don't think the Colts should get rid of their coach.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
fuck Jim Caldwell i don't think he even knows what he is doing.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I like him, he's brought the Colts to the Superbowl and with Manning returning and having the number one pick in the draft this year i think they could be contenders next season, but if they do get rid of him i see them going after Jeff Fisher or Bill Cowher.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm pretty sure Peyton got them to the superbowl, Jim just picked up where dungy left off.

Status
Not open for further replies.