NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Mcnabb is gonna have a hard time finding a team because he doesn't want to be a back up but go right in and start and there is no place I see that he could go and do that and still be the starter next year as well. He should go to the Cards and fight for the job with the guy who took the job from him in Philly since he might could actually take that job. Until he realizes he is at the point of his career where he has to be a back up now he won't get many calls.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I agree with you completely. His best chance of getting a starting job would be Arizona, most people thought Arizona would've picked him over Kevin Kolb and they didn't. Who knows though, if he does find a team next year and plays similar to his old form then good for him, but if he gets released or demoted to second or third string then maybe it should be time for him to consider calling it a career. I mean he's had a pretty decent one, he's played in the Superbowl regardless of if he won or not.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I think that Mcnabb should have one more chance as a starting quarterback because he is a veteran, and he has a lot of experience. I think that Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Texans, or the Chicago Bears would fit well for Mcnabb based on his style of playing the position of quarterback.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah he should have at least one more chance i think also, I think the Chiefs are a realistic option along with the Cardinals. I think the Chiefs might get rid of Cassel, and something about Mcnabb playing in Arizona with Fitz sounds awesome. I can't say the same for the Texans and Bears as they have QB's that they're content with, just out on injury currently. And he will want to go where he can be the number 1 guy, in which case Arizona and The Chiefs would be the place for him.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Oh, and about Suh it was seemingly pointless for him to try and appeal the suspension. There was no way he was going to get it reduced or thrown away all together. But maybe it'll be a wake up call for the guy. I think he's a great player and he should be encouraged to play hard, but don't do something stupid that's going to lead to a suspension when your team has a chance to make it to the playoffs for the first time in forever.

Reactions: 1 person

Killswitch

Reaction score
Lions' Suh unharmed after crashing car into tree

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Police in Oregon say Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh crashed his car into a tree in downtown Portland, but was not injured.

Police say Suh was not impaired and was cooperative with officers following the accident at about 1:15 a.m. Saturday. Suh lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe he was driving, which then hit a curb, light pole, drinking fountain and tree. His vehicle was towed from the scene.

Suh had two passengers in the vehicle. They ...

Read full story

He was definitely on something I bet. And he was obviously speeding. You don't hit a curb, then a light pole, then a drinking fountain, and then finally a tree while going the speed limit sober.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Shit. Didn't even hear about this until now, glad he's okay but The NFL has to be pissed off.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
With their 4-1 start seeming like a dream from another century, the fast-tumbling Chargers now confront the possibility of widespread change inside an organization that appeared destined for better in 2011.

The feeling from those around the team is that Chargers president Dean Spanos has "no choice" but to fire coach Norv Turner after the season, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported Friday.

The future of A.J. Smith also appears to be in jeopardy, with one source indicating that San Diego's longtime general manager will "almost certainly" be sent packing.

“The decisions are not made,” a team source said on condition of anonymity, “but everything is lined up."

Smith's departure would come as more of a surprise, but a source claimed "the needle on (Smith's possible firing) has moved from 50/50 to 75/25."

NFL.com

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Just seen the highlights from Thursday night. Eagles LOL. Vince Young, terrible decision making.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Just found out I'm going to the Cardinals game for my birthday today :D get to see my Cowboys fantasy players in action lol

Status
Not open for further replies.