NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

Reaction score
Kanas City is kind of a mess, but I could see Orton staying there if he shows he can lead the team, as I think the Cassel era is prob over there. Not saying they should build the team around him but he's a get the job done kind of quarterback that with a good running game and D can get you somewhere.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Just thinking If Kansas were to trade Cassel this off season I'm sure they could get something back for him if they want to go that route. Maybe The Browns or Miami would take a look at him.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Somehow I think it will end up being a Cassel trade situation when you mention it. And the cycle of trading mediocre QB's back and forth begins...

Orton would have to be a stud in KC for that to happen though. He's never really been consistent in his career so far, so we'll see I guess.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Somehow I think it will end up being a Cassel trade situation when you mention it. And the cycle of trading mediocre QB's back and forth begins...

Orton would have to be a stud in KC for that to happen though. He's never really been consistent in his career so far, so we'll see I guess.

Their team has been killed with injuries so i say keep him, have Cassel and him compete for the job this off season once everybody s tarts getting healthy and what not and decide then.

With Fred Jackson out for the season I guess we now get to see if Spiller is the real deal or not.

They were saying he was coming out of college, but hasn't been able to show much so far. So we'll see.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Spiller was a fucking beast at Clemson. Thing is though, he could out-run a lot more people there, not so much in the NFL. He's pretty much been just a slightly above-average scat back since being drafted. The Bills will have to incorporate him wisely into their scheme. He's not the kind of guy you can run continuously up the middle with. But if they start utilizing the screen and pitch the ball off to him in space, he definitely has the homerun speed that can change a game. His vision, idk. Haven't seen enough of him in the NFL to judge that.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Spiller was sick at Clemson so he get's his make or break opportunity now. As far as Orton to KC, I like it Cassell's done this year, Orton is solid and they are only 2 games back I think.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Man, I am doing awesome in this.

Reid

Reaction score
Yeah which is why I didn't say it was gonna exactly work for the niners, lol.
Well 49ers are first in the league. So the ravens will have a excuse not to run it much.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Spiller was sick at Clemson so he get's his make or break opportunity now. As far as Orton to KC, I like it Cassell's done this year, Orton is solid and they are only 2 games back I think.

Yeah they're two games behind, but the Chief's next four games are pretty intense, Steelers, Bears, Jets, Packers.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Many people doubted Vince Young could successfully guide the Eagles to a season-saving win over the New York Giants last Sunday night, based mostly on the whole he's Vince Young thing.

That seems to have included some Philadelphia teammates, who were pleasantly surprised by the quarterback's ability to lead the Eagles on a game-winning drive in the fourth quarter."Anytime you go into a game with a guy who hasn't really played yet, and you come out with a win like that, especially late in the game when you persevere through it, that breeds confidence in his abilities," center Jason Kelce said Wednesday, according to The Associated Press. "I don't want to say that I was ever not confident that Vince could do it, but I'm definitely more confident now, having been through the (Giants) game."

Michael Vick hasn't practiced this week as he continues to deal with broken ribs, meaning it's likely Young will make his second straight start on Sunday against the New England Patriots.

"I thought Vince did a great job giving guys opportunities last week," wide receiver Jason Avant said. "He had some interceptions, but a couple of those plays could've been made better by the receivers, so we have confidence in anyone that plays. Hopefully, we'll go out and execute our game plan and make some plays for Vince and our team."

QB Controversy?! haha nah, pretty sure they're going to stick with Vick when he's healthy enough to play. Vince played good last week but i don't think he's a legitimate starter right now.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Guess Nnamdi Asomugha got injured during practice and carted off the field this morning.But espn hasn't said anything on it and NFL.com doesn't say how severe it is, just that it's true.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If they're really gonna start the Vince Young is gonna take over for Vick thing then that is funny. Vick would have to miss the rest of the year and Vince win every last one of these remaining games for it to be thought of.

Ben

Reaction score
Lions are laying the blue print down for stopping the Packers and slowing down Rodgers. Been getting big pressure every time they blitz and have even been getting in there with a four man rush. Packers need to adjust though and start working the middle of the field, there going for screen and big passes down the sideline and they don't seem to be working.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
These flags sure as hell isn't helping the Packers either. Figured the Lions would do the best against the Packers thus far this season out of any of the teams that have faced them.

Status
Not open for further replies.