NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I wonder what NFC team is going to stumble into the Super Bowl this year.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I wonder what NFC team is going to stumble into the Super Bowl this year.
Think the Packers are gonna be back there but if that did happen I'd go with the Bears.

Haha at that Tebow jersey, it should be a Tom Brady one though.

And PHX on the NFL network they said if the playoffs started today the Texans first game would be against the Bengals. So if when the playoffs do start and that's still the case then they could likely get a win there.
That would pretty much be a toss up really but it is very winnable for the Texans.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Felix Jones to back up Murray

The Dallas Cowboys expect Felix Jones to return Sunday after a four-game absence, but not as the team's primary running back.

Owner/general manager Jerry Jones indicated during a radio appearance Tuesday that rookie DeMarco Murray, who has been a dominant force while Felix Jones was sidelined with a high ankle sprain, would continue to get the bulk of the carries.

"One thing that comes to my mind is that Murray looks like the more he carries, the more effective he gets," Jerry ...

Read full story

I knew Murray was going to be a beast coming out of college. I thought he was a 1st round talent for sure, similar to Adrian Peterson. I can't believe he fell to the third round and to MY team. Now he is tearing it up on Sundays. I don't understand why scouts didn't see this guy as a star, even with some of those injuries, just watch his highlight reels and it's obvious this guy is special.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Would have been stupid to pull the plug on Murray so good move by Dallas as they need the running game and have for years just never used it right thanks to Garrett and his pass, pass, pass logic.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Big Ben has a broken right thumb the Steelers are lucky he'll be able to nurse it this week due to their bye week, but you may dislike Big Ben, but you have to respect his toughness. He plays behind one of the worst offensive lines in football and gets up after every single sack. He is committed to winning the football game so much that he'll willingly play injured.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The Packers are unquestionably the best team in the league and likely Super Bowl bound. I could see either the Saints or the Falcons upsetting them, but that's about it. Unlikely though, especially considering they're both dome teams and they'll have to beat the Pack at Lambeau in the snow. Tall fucking order right there.

As for the AFC South.... Titans. The Jags are always a dangerous team to get your hopes up about. I like the Texans' chances better with Leinart honestly.

Ben

Reaction score
The thing that scares me with the Packers is there D, I think it going to be hard to stop the offense unless they find a way to constantly pressure Rodgers and even then there going to score points. If you got a good QB who doesn't throw picks your going to put up yardage against this D. Only teams I see giving them trouble in the playoffs is San Fran and the Saints.

AFC seems wide open and it's hard to find a clear cut team that has the Super Bowl path locked up, really at least 4 teams that could make it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The Packers are unquestionably the best team in the league and likely Super Bowl bound. I could see either the Saints or the Falcons upsetting them, but that's about it. Unlikely though, especially considering they're both dome teams and they'll have to beat the Pack at Lambeau in the snow. Tall fucking order right there.

As for the AFC South.... Titans. The Jags are always a dangerous team to get your hopes up about. I like the Texans' chances better with Leinart honestly.
This is a first why is that? I think he'll do fine but if I was them would much rather have Shaub back there. Either way looking like a not so dumb move afterall for Matt Leinart to resign with the Texans.

As for the Packers imo best way to beat em is really to run the hell out of the ball and keep Rodgers off the field as much as you can. Don't think there is a team out there that will win a shoot out against Rodgers and the Packers so think you just have to do your best to get 5 yard gains here and there and keep the drive moving and run the clock down and make sure you get some points by the end of the drive.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS -- Bill Polian may finally find Peyton Manning's successor in April's NFL draft.

And apparently he has Manning's approval.

Indy's vice chairman told radio listeners Monday night that he's already spoken with Manning about the possibility of using a high draft pick on a quarterback though Polian isn't discussing specific names yet.

"The bottom line is that if the right person is there, and it has to be the right person, then now is the time to make that choice," Polian said on his weekly radio show. "Peyton and I have spoken about that, and he's OK with that."

Polian has declined interview requests from local reporters about the subject, which has become increasingly more important with each succeeding Colts' loss.

At 0-10, Indy is the NFL's only winless team and now holds a two-game lead in the chase for the No. 1 pick. Most expect that choice to be used on Stanford's Andrew Luck, who some scouts believe is the most complete college quarterback since the Colts took Manning with the No. 1 overall choice in 1998.

Manning hasn't played or practiced since having neck surgery for a damaged nerve on Sept. 8, his third neck procedure in 19 months. Manning's return is no guarantee. Earlier this month, Manning told reporters he was still waiting for the fusion to heal and the nerve to regenerate. The four-time league MVP signed a new five-year, $90 million deal in July, matching Tom Brady's record average annual salary of $18 million.

Manning is due a $28 million bonus next year, though Indy can opt out of the deal after the season.

That has only fueled the speculation about Luck, whom Polian has refused to discuss because league rules prohibit team officials from talking about underclassmen before they declare for the draft. Luck is a junior.

And the Colts already have some insight into the Cardinal quarterback.

One of Polian's sons, Brian, is Stanford's assistant special teams coordinator. Manning's father, Archie, and Luck's father, Oliver, were teammates with the Houston Oilers in 1982 and 1983. Andrew Luck attended the Manning Passing Academy as both a camper and a counselor, and Archie Manning has acknowledged that the two second-generation quarterbacks spoke earlier this year after Luck decided to return to school.

Polian has already attended one Stanford game this season, too, and is scheduled to get a second look this weekend.

"I'm around the country scouting this week, and I will ironically finish up at Stanford, but it has nothing to do with any choice we've made. That's just how it worked out," Polian said. "We won't make it (a decision) until April."

The Colts have a bye this week and won't play again until Nov. 27 when Carolina visits Indy.

Team owner Jim Irsay and Bill Polian continue to say they believe Manning has several good years left in his right arm. Polian made his most definitive statement Sunday night, telling the Colts' flagship station after a 17-3 loss to Jacksonville that he expected Manning to play next season.

But, clearly, they're pondering a post-Manning era.

Colts general manager Chris Polian, another of Bill Polian's sons, brought inAndy Dalton for a workout before the previous draft and if the Colts have a shot at Luck with the No. 1 pick, it would be tough not to make the choice.

With Manning, the Colts won a league-record 115 regular-season games from 2000 to 2009, tied the league record with nine straight playoff appearances, won two AFC titles and a Super Bowl crown.

Without him, they haven't won a game and after four consecutive poor performances from backup Curtis Painter, many fans are wondering if the Colts should make another quarterback change when they return from the bye. Painter took over for the injured Kerry Collins in late September.

ESPN.com

Reid

Reaction score
I feel like the Saints are the team if any team does that drops the Packers.
Patriots could probably do it also if Tom brings his A-Game. but yeah the saints could too if Brees doesn't throw any picks.

PHX do you want to have a sig bet for the 49ers/Ravens game? Last time i did one i was using Cowboys sigs for a week.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz and a handful of teammates were at a Manhattan nightclub early Tuesday morning when a gunman opened fire, killing one man and injuring two others.

Cruz and his teammates, who were among a number of NBA players and non-sports celebrities at the club, were not injured and not involved in the shooting, which occurred shortly before 2:30 a.m. ET at the Juliet Supper Club on West 21st Street.

"There is nothing to indicate that any of the well-known individuals in the club that night had anything to do with the shooting," New York Police Department chief spokesman Paul J. Browne told the New York Times.

Cruz was celebrating his birthday with teammates Hakeem Nicks, Aaron Ross, Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty, according to The Times and New York Daily News.

However, Nicks' agent, Peter Schaffer, told The Times and Daily News that Nicks was not at the club. Schaffer told The Times that Nicks was at home with his daughter.

Even though the Giants on hand were not involved or injured, the incident conjures up bad memories from 2008, when Plaxico Burress shot himself in the thigh at the Latin Quarter club in midtown. Burress was sentenced to two years in prison in September 2009 after pleading guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon.

Cruz told The Bergen (N.J.) Record Tuesday that he and his group were not in the vicinity of the shooting, and he did not see the victims.

"I don't remember how many [gunshots I heard], to be honest with you," Cruz said, according to The Record. "There were enough."

"There was a melee that was going on. So we kind of just waited. We sat under the table and waited for the melee to calm down before we left. Then we got out of there as soon as we could. We didn't know if we were going to get caught in a stampede."

According to reports, Arthur Artis, of Brooklyn, was shot in the chest and back and was pronounced dead at Bellevue Hospital. A second man, Tracy Ryals, was shot in the arm and buttocks and is in stable condition at Bellevue, and a third victim, Jonai Washington, was shot in the leg and was treated at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, the Daily News reported.

Other pro athletes at the nightclub included NBA players John Wall, Carlos Boozer, Kemba Walker, Russell Westbrook, Chris Duhon and Kansas City Chiefs offensive lineman Branden Albert, according to The Times.

Cruz would not say whom he was with at the nightclub, or whether they were teammates. He told The Record that it was merely a night out to celebrate with friends, and not an organized party.

Tuesday is a routine off day for the Giants, who return to practice on Wednesday.

"I just basically want out there that I feel sorry for the victims, and I hope their families are well," Cruz told The Record. "It was an unfortunate situation that happened. That's pretty much all I want to say."

"Obviously, initially you're scared," he added. "Obviously things like that happen. You don't want them to."

ESPN.com

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
This is a first why is that? I think he'll do fine but if I was them would much rather have Shaub back there. Either way looking like a not so dumb move afterall for Matt Leinart to resign with the Texans.

I meant I like the Texan's chances with Leinart than the Jaguars period. Schaub is obviously a better QB than Leinart, it's not even close.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I meant I like the Texan's chances with Leinart than the Jaguars period. Schaub is obviously a better QB than Leinart, it's not even close.
That makes sense I don't see the Jags being able to catch up despite the division blowing and Texans now being in a bad spot at the moment. Pretty sad though this division used to be one of the better looking division's even though the Colts would usually always win it.

Patriots could probably do it also if Tom brings his A-Game. but yeah the saints could too if Brees doesn't throw any picks.

PHX do you want to have a sig bet for the 49ers/Ravens game? Last time i did one i was using Cowboys sigs for a week.
Long as I get to keep my Nicki gif with the sig sure lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.