NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i definitely didn't want Boller Or Pryor starting for them, and i guess as early as 3 hours after the game on Sunday after Jason went down with injury, The Raiders were already trying to get Palmer. I do agree with you PHX that Jason will never reach his full potential, but for The Raiders he played pretty well this season. And hopefully the trade works out well for them because they gave up BIG draft picks for the guy. As long as it doesn't turn into Jamarcus Russel again, I'll be set though.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I don't care for Jason at all really and tbf the reason he has not reached his full potential is becasuse every year the guy has been in the NFL he has had to learn a new system every year.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
As Philadelphia Eagles doctors were giving newly acquired running back Jerome Harrison his physical, they discovered a brain tumor that nullified a trade with the Detroit Lions, according to two league sources.

The trade might have actually saved Harrison's life, the sources said. Without the deal being made, Harrison would not have undergone a physical. The tumor is now being treated, according to sources.

Harrison could not be reached for comment.

The Eagles would have sent running back Ronnie Brown to the Lions in exchange for Harrison and an undisclosed pick in the 2013 NFL draft. Brown arrived in Detroit but never got to practice Wednesday.

Harrison is not expected to play again this season, but his long-term prognosis both for life and his football career appear to be good, sources said. He is visiting with more doctors Thursday.

The voided trade has left the Lions with major issues at running back, after Jahvid Best suffered the third concussion of his career in last week's loss to San Francisco.

ESPN.com

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wow that is scary but good thing that he got checked for it in time. Trade was a blessing in disguise.

And yeah that is true about Jason having to keep learning a new system which is why I think stability is underrated in sports nowadays.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
devin hester better have a punt or kick off return for a TD, no not for fantasy i just want to see it live and in person.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Do not like the fact that I only have one game to watch atm.

Kairi

Reaction score
thought matt ryan was injured there for a second

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I just got home from the Bears/Bucs game, i had a fun time the game was pretty sloppy at time but that 4th quarter was fun.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea it came across really good on TV, crowd seemed load for the whole game.

Packers continue to dominate, granted it's the Vikings, but they still looking great. Charger game is going to be there first big challenge of the year, actually looking forward to the prospect of a close game.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I only missed a win on the Bucs-Bears game. So far, every other game I played on Sports Select have won. Played 2 tickets and one of them is a big winner. $5000 on a $50 ticket.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
:lol: I knew the Colts were gonna get bitch slapped but this is beyond sad.

Kairi

Reaction score
Falcons rip Suh for taunting Matt Ryan after third-quarter injury

Falcons rip Suh for taunting Matt Ryan after third-quarter injury - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

We know that Detroit Lions super-tackle Ndamukong Suh(notes) doesn't have a lot of respect for quarterbacks — he's exhibited this through his NFL career with roughing the passer penalties that have been legit at times, and he's displayed a certain proclivity for twisting the heads of certain Ohio-based quarterbacks (specifically, Cleveland's Jake Delhomme(notes) in 2010 and Cincinnati's Andy Dalton(notes) in 2011) as if they were bottle tops. But according to several members of the Atlanta Falcons' offense, Suh took things way too far after Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan(notes) was injured on a freak play in the third quarter of the Falcons' 23-16 win at Detroit's Ford Field.

http://nfl.cpl.delvenetworks.com/pla...fbeb0e22aad917

The play, which had Ryan in obvious pain after his right ankle bent in a bad way after he tripped over tackle Will Svitek(notes). Ryan came off the field and returned to action shortly thereafter, but per Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Suh and at least one teammate went over the line verbally.
"I had respect for Suh before the game," Falcons center Todd McClure(notes) said after the game. "But when Matt was on the ground, the things he was saying and the trash he was talking was definitely uncalled for. There are certain things you don't do. [He said], 'Get the cart' and several other things that I can't repeat."
Receiver Roddy White(notes) agreed. "I lost a whole lot of respect for 90 [Suh] today, and also 92 [Cliff Avril(notes)], the [bleep] they were doing when Matt got hurt. That was unacceptable. … Like 92 was kicking [Ryan's] feet, saying, 'Get him off the field.' We don't do stuff like that. We don't rally over guys when they get hurt. It was just inappropriate behavior. I mean, 'Get the cart'? Are you serious? Come on. When you compete, you never want to see a guy get hurt."
[Related: Falcons receiver Harry Douglas talks about Atlanta's win on Y! Sports Radio]

Suh had no specific comment about his alleged comments, saying only that he was disappointed in the Lions' second straight loss, and remarking that his run defense isn't what it should be. Ryan just said that he didn't hear whatever Suh and Avril were saying, which makes sense — you tend to not hear a lot when you're in that much pain.

Avril had this to say via his Twitter account:
Come on I'm not in the business of hurting not one guy on the field... I would never taunt anyone on an injury...But if we want to talk about dirty players look at the film and see who prides themselves on being dirty...
So, that really didn't help.

While the Lions allegedly showed less than ideal class, Ryan proved his toughness. "Well, when I first came to the sideline, I didn't know, because I wanted to make sure the trainers had a chance to look at it—want to be smart in those situations," Ryan said of the injury. "Once I came back in and was able to get it taped and move around on it, I knew I was going to be fine. So, I came back out and told [head coach] Mike [Smith] I was going to be good to go, then came in on third down."

Smith put it more succinctly: His quarterback showed why the Falcons are comfortable putting the franchise in Ryan's hands. "It just shows you the resolve and the resiliency of this guy. He got whacked pretty good; we had to take him into the locker room and really get a good examination. When I saw him coming out of the tunnel, I was trying like crazy to see if we could get him back out there for that third down. Can you go?

"And Matt said, 'Hey, I need to just see if I can put some pressure on it.' He just took a shot and said, 'Hey, I'm ready to go.' He goes out there, and his first play back, he completes a third-down conversion."

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford(notes), who has faced a number of injury concerns in his short career, also was hurt in the game. "A guy just fell on me a little bit awkward. I'm moving around on it okay right now. We'll see," Stafford said of his leg injury. But Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reported on Sunday afternoon that Stafford was wearing a walking boot and will have an MRI on Monday.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
From this to the after game handshake and the fact that they are having a good year so far it is amazing how the Lions are the talk of the NFL right now whether it be good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.