NFL: Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dademo

Reaction score
I'm a casual football fan, not as hardcore as I am basketball, but I'm pumped for the Jets season. It's guaranteed to be a rollercoaster season too.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a good season with the Raiders this year, but I don't have my hopes set too high. We play in the same division as Peyton Mannning now and if he's back to his old self then yeah we're screwed.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Think Manning will be more of a dink and dunk QB from this point on and still be very effective.

As for my fav team Baltimore think it'll go the same way it did last year just with Flacco being in the convo as a pro bowl QB and hopefully get past the AFC championship game.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'm just hoping Carson Palmer can come in and put decent numbers up, now that he's had a year to really get into the offense. He was kind of just thrown in mid-way last season.

I'm not expecting them to win the division, but I'd like to see them play good and not be the laughing stock of the league with the outrageous amount of defensive penalties they get per game.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
After Jerry Jones made absolutely no attempt to get in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, this is a make or break year for Romo. Our D has our secondary now... no excuses.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I figured he would've gotten rid of Romo in the draft and went after RG III. But yeah, I wouldn't say the Cowboys need to win the Superbowl this year or even get too it, but i think they need to take the NFC East or Jerry will blow the team up next off season.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Can't have a good Colts season without some ANDREW LUCK.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Unfortunately for the Colts, even if Luck is a phenomenal rookie, the rest of his team still sucks.

:XZ:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Far as Dallas goes I really hate hearing guys like Skip Bayless defend him and say he is better than most QB's and he can only win one playoff game. Guy can put up numbers but that's it and if he doesn't lead Dallas to more than one playoff win this coming season they have to move on from him. Defense is as good as it's been in years for Dallas so that can't be an excuse for him now.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I figured he would've gotten rid of Romo in the draft and went after RG III. But yeah, I wouldn't say the Cowboys need to win the Superbowl this year or even get too it, but i think they need to take the NFC East or Jerry will blow the team up next off season.

Can't see them usurping Giants. With Manning and their monster pass rush, they're set for another good year. If they want to make playoffs it has to be as a wildcard imo.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Far as Dallas goes I really hate hearing guys like Skip Bayless defend him and say he is better than most QB's and he can only win one playoff game. Guy can put up numbers but that's it and if he doesn't lead Dallas to more than one playoff win this coming season they have to move on from him. Defense is as good as it's been in years for Dallas so that can't be an excuse for him now.
I appreciate Bayless for saying what he can to defend Dallas, but he really is a blind idiot. Romo is a clutch situation choke artist who folds under pressure better than any quarterback in the league. Even when the situation isn't that dire... as it was at the end of last season... WIN 2 OF 3 GAMES AND YOU'RE IN... even that was too much.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much reason I used Skip is cause he tries to put over how clutch Romo is and I just laugh. Every now and then he can maybe lead a comeback or something of that nature but guy has classic choke moments as you mentioned. Sad when a QB like Flacco gets more shit than Romo yet has had WAY more success than him. People try and say that's cause the D has carried him through those but the Ravens have always had a top 10 or top 5 D and haven't had the success with Flacco with other QB's that have played for Baltimore.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah, Romo is not clutch at all. He's in the Jamarcus Russel tier of clutch performance, actually.

:Slater:

^ "Why did you post that?" you ask... because it resembles Skip Bayless sitting under Tony Romo's scrotum.

Status
Not open for further replies.