NFL Discussion Thread: Week 1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
oh btw I nearly lost my ass gambling yesterday. Down 60% of my stack, took the 40% I hadn't lost and put it all on Houston -4.5 tonight. If they win I'll finish slightly ahead on week 1. If they lose I'm down my entire payroll and having to re-up :((

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I heard the Giants are working out Jacobs and Willis McGahee, I expect one of those guys to get the start if they are signed.I like McGahee he has the speed and strength to help the Giants.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I heard the Giants are working out Jacobs and Willis McGahee, I expect one of those guys to get the start if they are signed.I like McGahee he has the speed and strength to help the Giants.

McGahee, speed? lmao, not since college bro. Neither of those guys are worth a fuck, let alone starter quality. Wilson had one bad game, the world is overreacting

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
McGahee, speed? lmao, not since college bro. Neither of those guys are worth a fuck, let alone starter quality. Wilson had one bad game, the world is overreacting

Does Tom Coughlin count as being part of the world? Only his opinion matters.
They might bring someone else in who's better than that Scott dude, but no way Wilson fades away completely. But Wilson has done that before...

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Does Tom Coughlin count as being part of the world? Only his opinion matters.
They might bring someone else in who's better than that Scott dude, but no way Wilson fades away completely. But Wilson has done that before...

Wilson fumbled on opening night last year and Coughlin was pissed. That was a terrible fumble, last night was Dallas ripping it from him. Also note that Wilson didn't fumble again last year after week 1

Last year they had Bradshaw. Now they have nobody.

Coughlin doesn't really have a choice but to stick with wilson IMO. Hella talent. 1st round pick. and truly their only option.

I'm trying to trade for him in all my leagues.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
^Exactly. And there's not many inspiring options on the FA wire. Ooooooh, you can get Michael Turner!
For almost all these guys there's a reason they're out there... wonder what the reason is with Brandon Lloyd
Also are you sure about Houston/SD? As much better as HOU is there's that wacky start time to deal with.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
McGahee, speed? lmao, not since college bro. Neither of those guys are worth a fuck, let alone starter quality. Wilson had
one bad game, the world is overreacting

His last two seasons when he was with the Broncos he had 1,200 and nearly 800 yards last year before he was injured.He could of had a 1000 again but let's see what happens

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
His last two seasons when he was with the Broncos he had 1,200 and nearly 800 yards last year before he was injured.He could of had a 1000 again but let's see what happens

McGahee was serviceable the last two seasons but he is old and injury prone. He is certainly a huge downgrade from Wilson.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Another thing you have to remember is that game was a complete disaster for the Giants, not just Wilson. Eli threw it right to Ware on play 1. Had another terrible INT. Muffed punts.

THat game was just the drizzling shits for them. Wilson played his role, but its not like it was all his fault.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
McGahee was serviceable the last two seasons but he is old and injury prone. He is certainly a huge downgrade from Wilson.

Yeah but he can hold onto the ball better than WIlson, he'll play more.As for age he's 31 right now..that's old Jackson for the Falcons is the same age as well and he's not slowing down.When it comes to Willis McGahee he should be well rested.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah but he can hold onto the ball better than WIlson, he'll play more.As for age he's 31 right now..that's old Jackson for the Falcons is the same age as well and he's not slowing down.When it comes to Willis McGahee he should be well rested.

Age is just a number and McGahee has a lot more wear on his wheels than S-Jack does. McGahee had to overcome an injury that looked like it ended his career just to play in the NFL to begin with. He has the legs of a much older man than his actual # would show.

And as I said, Wilson had a shitty night, so did the Giants as a team. Everything I heard Coughlin say leads me to believe they want to help him fix this issue, not throw him in the doghouse like last season.

Because again, you can't compare this season to last. Last year they had Bradshaw starting and a healthy Andre Brown. Now they potentially have Jacobs/McGahee and Darrell Scott. It's night and day.

Wilson will be the man if not by week 2 than soon after, believe me.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Giants looked a million times worse than I ever imagined, and Dallas didn't look any better. Tough game to watch.

Danielson you think Coughlin is done with Wilson? Neither fumble was bad, Dallas TOOK it from him. They have no other options, Scott/FA veteran are trash compared to Wilson.

Coughlin won't bench him for good will he? I'm trying to trade for him in fantasy (101: buy low)

He fumbled in the first game last year and didn't play again until week 6. Giants looked really good on offense when they weren't turning it over tbh. I was impressed with nicks randall and cruz. Our defense also made quite a few stops on them. Clean up the turnovers and the giants will be fine, we have a good team.

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Man what a game between the Skins and the Birds, it was downright scary to see the offense even on that first drive completely confuse the Redskins defense.Between the formations etc, they didn't know where the ball was going every play.Even though our momentum was stopped by that forward pass fumble which was bs to me, but normally that would finish off a team.Everything goes right and the carpet was from right from under them, but the Eagles just dominated them.Now Chip and Vick and even Jackson admitted putting the foot off the gas peddle, well like Chip said you can't do that because teams will come back like the Skins did in the second half.I think alot of people had this Eagles defense as one of the worst defensive teams in the league, but the team shocked me what they did.You could see that fire in their eyes like I haven't seen in a long time, which is going to build into our game with the Chargers this Sunday.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Eagles looked like I had hoped they might/sort of expected. DeSean/LeSean are fucking animals and Vick looks great. top 5 offense easily.

Texans, on the other hand, cost me a lot of scratch last night. Fucking sons of bitch mother fuckers