NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

its kinda tough to compare a underground rapper to a gold/platinum selling i think grammy award winning rapper. So from what i've heard i'd say Lupe.

But does anyone have Drake - Comeback Season album or Charles Hamilton Brooklyn Girls or November 10th. I'd apperciate those DL's if anyone can find them. I've found some for hamilton on zshare, but they dont work for me. The single of brooklyn girls would be great too, if its out there.

Dre

Reaction score
Soulja Boy & Bow Wow phone conversation ending the beef. LOL at the whole situation.

[yt]PyX1TiS34l8[/yt]

Montana

Awesome...i was thinking single like instrumental/acapella...but i needed the track too. I dont know even know if they have a official CDS for this.

Montana

Hell yeah! thanks. Thats a hot instrumental.

Something thats been floating around in my head as i'm putting old albums on my ipod the past few months.

Does anyone miss all the old label compulations, and mixtapes???? Late 90's -2000 every crew had a album. These days its all solo stuff. Back then there was:

Ruff Ryders
State Property
Roc a Fella
G- Unit
SHady Records
Dipset
Braveheartz
Bad Boy
Death Row
Cash Money
No limit
Timbaland & COmpany
Terror Squad
Wu Tang
Murder Inc
st. Lunatics
DTP
Dungeon Family

Who's left now????

Grand Hustle
Boss Hogg
Lil Wayne & Friends

Anyone else notice this? Anyone think they should go back to the way it was, or somewhere in the middle. Now it seems like its everyman for themselves, and and you can tell hip hop just isn't where it was 5-10 years ago. Thoughts?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I was just talking about that with friends a couple minutes ago. Those were the good ol' days when we had all those labels/groups. I was never really a fan a Dipset though.

Montana

I liked Dipset for a minute...but then they were coming out with mixtapes every couple weeks. Got ridiculous. Each of those groups were kinda hot for a little bit. I'm sure i'm forgetting a few groups today, but still its just different now.

Dre

Reaction score
There is more groups out then you know.

Skull Gang (Juelz Santana Group)
Byrd Gang (Jim Jones Group)
Young Money (Lil' Wayne Group)
Grand Hustle (T.I. Group)
G-Unit (50 Cent Group)
S.O.D. Money Gang (Soulja Boy Group)
G.E.D. (Tyga Group)
A.T.F. (Drake Group)

And I think that it shouldn't come back. Don't get me wrong I would love to see some hot albums from supergroup, but I'm just scared that the fact that the rappers would fail trying to do so.

Montana

Well i consider skull and bryd gang, dipset. I mentioned Young money, but they haven't really had any official releases. I meantioned Grand Hustle. I mentioned G- unit with the past supergroups. SOD, GED, ATF aren't really mainstream had much mainstream sucess as a group yet.

Right now the only sucessful group, (other than g-unit, which is pretty much done) Is Grand Hustle. Idk , it just doesn't have the same feel. Like Ruff Ryders vol. 1.

There GOOD music, however thats mostly just a label. I don't think they've had any big releases together.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
OMG Timbaland & Company made some music. Missy, Ginuwine, Aaliyah, Tim & Magoo. Best collabo of Rap and Rnb, hands down. Some try and fail miserably to remake that sound (ie. Bow and Omarion).

The LOX are suppose to make a return this year but so far all I've heard is joints from Jada. Groups today just aren't that great, there's no standouts in these groups. Skull gang is decent, don't listen to GED or SOD, Grand Hustle only has Dro, Byrd Gang track suck; NOE is good tho but the Jay-Z voice will hold him back. Young Money, Drake was a standout before hooking up with Wayne, the rest of YM? Jae Millz hasn't never been a great rapper but it feels like he's missing something. Drake hasn't mentioned ATF in forever.

P.S - WTF at that Soulja Boy/Bow Wow beef?

& Cam'ron speaks to Miss Info about hiatus > http://www.missinfo.tv/index.php/exclusive-camron-resurfaces-on-missinfotv/

Montana

I hear Jadakiss's album is supposed to be released on Roc a fella too. That album could be the standout album of the year, and overshadow the big releases.

Should be a good year for Hip Hop. I seen a top 20 most anticipated albums of 09 and it looks like almost everyone in hip hop is dropping an album. Dre, Em, 50, Outkast, Busta, TI, Wayne, Kanye, Siagon, Big Boi, Lox, Jada, then a handful of new rappers. It doesn't look like much is coming out till march though.

Dre

Reaction score
How is T.I. Going to release an album this year if he's going to jail next month?

Outkast was talking about releasing solo projects before making another album together.

I doubt that Saigons album is going to come out this year.

50 Cent album is suppose to come out this month but due to the lack of radio play, I doubt its going to sell as much as Fif think it would.

Dre and Detox album has me second guessing about it being release. Its probably going to be like Lil' Jon and Crunk Rock album that was suppose to come out 4 years ago. Have a strong first single and then the album never comes out.

Montana

Not sure about TI, how long is he going to jail for? I don't keep up with that sorta stuff.

I think Big Boi plans to release a solo album, then a outkast album. I could be wrong on that.

It would make sense for siagon to release something soon, after his fued with Joe Budden.

50 Cent just isn't a big seller anymore. Well, i guess 2009 could be a big year. I wouldn't be too shocked if 50, Em, and Dre flop or don't live up to expectations. Just have to wait and see how things play out.