• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NFL: Chiefs VS Lions

Montana

I never heard of scribe but your right about the second track.

Those Bun B tracks are good, however my favorites are my block, and if i die tonight and #9. Not to mention this track is killer!

pop it for pimp
[yt]O-Yn-WH6y6c[/yt]

Have you guys heard of atmosphere? Its alright, im starting to like him more. Indy guy outta minn. He's starting to get a little buzz going. Not my favorite, but not bad.

[yt]z7cv4akKcBE[/yt]

exC.On

[yt]UDCDrcZK4NE[/yt]

this song just keeps coming back to me like every month, West should of been able to put this on graduation, loved nas's part

Beer Money Army

i been going ol skool listening lately.. The last album i listen to was AZ - pieces of A Man... it was alright..Doe or Die album is better than it..

But here is my 3 favourite songs off it.

Have ya livin (ft.Nas)

[yt]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFFpFeTZXFA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFFpFeTZXFA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/yt]

The Payback (this song is dope)

[yt]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcY2_QspyCA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gcY2_QspyCA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/yt]

the other song isn't on youtube... but the name is "What's the deal"

but AZ is very underrated and one of the most lyrical rappers in the game....The albums has 15 tracks with intro and 2 interludes..

The other songs was alright... But i wouldn't speak highly on them...

but have you's heard of peaches, i heard of her years ago.. but crack out her cd...

the video is somewhat strange but cool..

[yt]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4yndU6NqUE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4yndU6NqUE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/yt]

the chorus can get into your head easy

Montana

The Carter III review

tracklist

1. 3 Peat 3:19
2. Mr. Carter (Feat. Jay-Z) 5:16
3. A Milli 3:41
4. Got Money (Feat. T-Pain) 4:04
5. Comfortable (Feat. Babyface) 4:25
6. Dr. Carter 4:24
7. Phone Home 3:11
8. Tie My Hands (Feat. Robin Thicke) 5:19
9. Mrs. Officer (Feat. Bobby Valentino) 4:47
10. Let The Beat Build 5:09
11. Shoot Me Down (Feat. D. Smith) 4:29
12. Lollipop (Feat. Static Major) 4:59
13. La La (Feat. Brisco And Busta Rhymes) 4:21
14. Playing With Fire (Feat. Betty Wright) 4:21
15. You Ain't Got Nuthin' (Feat. Juelz Santana And 5:27
Fabolous)
16. Don'tGetIt 9:52

First off, im not a huge lil wayne fan, however with him droppin a few hot singles. Overall its a solid album, one of his best overall efforts. Im not saying its a great album by albums. I really liked the R&B collabs. The collabs caught my eye on this album, he has lots of guest. The tracks with Babyface, and Bobby Valentino are probably my favs, not including the singles (Lolli, Milli, got money) Some tracks just didnt come out as good as i would have hoped. Filler stuff you could say. I think he went for something different than what we are expecting from wayne, so i guess you can't fault him too much, for going into left field.

8/10

Mr. Mat

i finallly got onto listening some of scribe new shit.. I am very dissappointed

I never heard of scribe but your right about the second track.

Dipset is right Monty if you heard Scribes first Album compared to his second his first is a real classic for Aussie & new zelanders & Monty i recomend his first album he is one of Aussies & New zelands finest.

Also i heard about the new Dr Dre Album that there will be A ton of guests on it so if it comes out or not it'll be worth the wait.

Montana

Jay Z - A Billie -

this song has been getting some good buzz the last day or so .

[yt]_cdRYHXTtAI[/yt]

Airfixx

Have you guys heard of atmosphere? Its alright, im starting to like him more. Indy guy outta minn. He's starting to get a little buzz going. Not my favorite, but not bad.

[yt]z7cv4akKcBE[/yt]

Can't click that link from here (at work), but hell yeah...

I been checking Slug & Atmosphere (The crew) for ages now...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Atmosphere+(2)

Slug is a bad-ass MC. I seriously recommend giving them a listen over the course of an album... Lyrically he's not on an ego trip so you get some grounded introspection as well as all sort of mad tales from the street typa rhymes, often HEAVILY wrapped in metaphor, all without resulting to the usual dull guns, bitches, money kinda crap...

Btw, cheer for the heads-up on the Common single...

So you's evidently a bit of a dude when it comes to your taste in hiphop too, Montana? ;o]

I spent much of the 90's DJing hiphop. A much as I still love hiphop (I.E. The 5 elements of the artform, not the pop-rap monstrosity which has completely saturated mainstream music), I kinda lost interest when a lot of the music went the same way of mainstream RnB (all shuffly, lightweight beats and cheap sounding synths)... I still bug out over wild flows and good lyrics, but to me things lost their way when things went from crews forming groups with their own DJ (or even producer) to where we find ourselves now - Semi-faceless producers makin' beats without a specific MC or 'song' in mind... Things became little more than rude-bwoy karaoke.

Anyway here's some faves from over the years....

80’s: KRS-ONE, Rakim, The D.O.C., Ice Cube, GangStarr, P.E., Steezo, EPMD, Craig G, Masta Ace, T.L.A Rock, Roxanne Shante, Big Daddy Kane, Ultramagnetic MCs, Intelligent Hoodlum, Tim Dogg...
90’s/00’s: Brand Nubian, Tribe, De La, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Main Source, Jeru The Damaja, Organized Konfusion, Nas (soley for Illmatic!), DJ Shadow & Solesides Crew, Company Flow, Kool Keith, Mr Lif., Aesop Rock, Cannibal Ox, Dilated Peoples, Mr Complex, Del The Funky Homosapien, Common, Early Wu, Freddy Foxx, Mad Skillz, MF Doom & KMD, Deep Puddle Dynamics & Anticon Crew, Edan...
UK: Task Force, Blade, Hijack, Hardnoise, Katch 22 & Huntkillbury Finn, London Possee & Rodney P, Skinnyman, Skitz, Jehste...

Montana

Ah, a fellow DJ. Yeah i was DJ'n since HS so about 7 -8 years now. But im kinda been half ass at it, the past 5-6 years. Its more of a hobby than a job. I enjoy pretty much all hip hop. Like i said to rell, it depends on the mood im in.

Heres a club banger for the bow wow fans out there (not too many on here, but still) this beat is SICK!

http://www.filehoster.ru/files/s8700

I think I'll post my lil wayne lollipop blend i made. Hopefully it'll be up tonight.

Airfixx

^^^Cool - Will have a listen when I get home.

I still DJ too, but like yourself, It's more of a hobby these days... Became tougher and tougher to find gigs where I was afforded musical freedom (If it wasn't 80's classics or the latest Dre prod. the floor would just die and let's face it a promoter ain't gonna suffer that for long). Was orginising our own parties in warehouses etc. since 2000 (although the music at our do's was pretty eclectic), but stopped about 18months ago to start producing. Had my 'studio' set up for the last 12 months or so but I'm my own worst critic so won't be posting any examples of my work for the time being. LOL

NinoBrown

Just listened to Carter 3 and it's no classic but it's a good album. Fans of his mixtapes may not like this because he went more serious (per se) on this, only fun songs he has on the album are La La with Busta, Lollipop and Got Money. You Ain't Got Nothin on Me is a really old song from Fab, it's the same beat and verse from Fab, he (Wayne) just did a hook and threw Juelz in there.

My favorite songs on the album is Dr. Carter, Let the Beat Build and Tie My Hands. Lil Wayne fans get the album if you're devoted but it's not what you're expecting. 7.5/10

Montana

What are your guys thoughts on the new G unit album? I just heard it quickly, its not that bad. not that great either. Commercially it doesnt have any big hits, however i do really like, "i like the way she do it" I guess ill go 7/10 although i only listened to the album for about 10 minutes. The second half sounds better than the first. The first part kinda all sounds the same.