Nexus/Corre/Cena/Orton Mess

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Reaction score
This whole thing has really turned into one big sloppy mess. Who the hell is feuding with who?
Corre vs. Nexus?
Nexus vs. Cena?
Nexus vs. Orton?
Miz vs. Cena?
Miz vs. Orton?

Wtf, seriously.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Corre and Nexus are on alternate shows, their feud is idle for now.
Nexus was/is feuding with Cena...
CM Punk is feuding with Randy Orton.
It's assumed BOTH of those feuds will carry over into a Cena/Orton vs. Nexus program.
Miz is feuding with Jerry Lawler, his feud with Orton is over.
Cena's focus is elsewhere for the time being, therefore he cannot feud with Miz until he's won the Elimination Chamber, IF he wins... CM Punk is also trying to make sure Cena can't do that either, which is also keeping Cena away from Miz; which also plays into the aforementioned program of Cena/Orton vs. Nexus.

This isn't as clustered as one would make it out to be; in fact, it's best to just remember the Raw Title Match at WrestleMania is still wide open and we're going into a 6-man match at Elimination Chamber to determine the #1 contender, and also adding Lawler to the title picture at EC, and Punk is involved in a faction, therefore they tie into this and make it seem as clustered. I'd look for it all to make a little more sense after Elimination Chamber, but I'd bank on having Miz vs. Cena at WrestleMania and CM Punk vs. Randy Orton, and I'd almost bet Punk gets involved in Miz vs. Cena at Mania in some capacity as well in order to carry that on.

Axis

Reaction score
It is not really that difficult for anybody above a 3rd grade level of understanding to get to be honest. Interwoven feuds are a good thing, because they keep us on our toes and do not let us fall into the monotony of following two guys feud over nothing, then one of them move onto another guy over nothing, and so on. Instead of it being just FACES VS HEELS~, we now have reasoning for why each guy dislikes the other(s). I would rather this than the shallow alternative.

noumenon

Reaction score
Believe me, I appeciate it. It's very rare we get anything of more depth than a simple one on one feud. I'm just hoping the booking can keep up with it and make it seem believable. I mean let's face it... at this point the team of Cena/Orton doing anything but squashing guys like McGillicutty and Harris would just be ridiculous.

Axis

Reaction score
No I get you. I agree that I'm nervous that the WWE will mess it up by leaving loose ends untied, or not really staying on one direction. Along the way I'll just enjoy it, but I see your concern.

noumenon

Reaction score
They managed to build up a certain amount of believability around the old Nexus, where it wasn't too far fetched that guys like Gabriel, Slater and others could hang with top players given the right situation. I just don't see that yet with the current "new Nexus" line up. Mason Ryan is obviously going to be built hard as a monster and is probably going to end up being their sole life line into a believable offense against Orton and Cena (aside from Punk of course). In a way I think the Nexus split came out way too early. The original incarnation of Nexus never even got to see a Wrestlemania or any kind of major culmination to their storyline. Instead it seems all the work Barrett did for the Nexus was kind of flushed down the drain for a second rate version of the stable. Don't get me wrong, CM Punk is doing an absolutely phenomenal job once again of playing the sociopath cult leader in the situation... I'm just not sure it was really necessary to throw him into this.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
It reminds me of the attitude era from 2000 a bit when everyone was kind of feuding.

Remember HHH vs Angle, HHH vs Austin, Rock vs Angle, Austin vs Rikishi, Austin vs Angle.

So WWE has done this before and its not to big of a deal I can see Mania ending:
Cena vs Miz vs Orton vs Punk with the rest of Nexus vs the Core

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
It is not really that difficult for anybody above a 3rd grade level of understand to get to be honest. Interwoven feuds are a good thing, because they keep us on our toes and do no let us fall into the monotony of following two guys feud over nothing, then one of them move onto another guy over nothing, and so on. Instead of it being just FACES VS HEELS~, we now have reasoning for why each guy dislikes the other(s). I would rather this than the shallow alternative.

lol

I agree with this, it's fresh and interesting and isn't the same two people fighting all the time for 8 years.

1chiban

Reaction score
Yeah shades of grey are much more realistic. It's like Cena-Orton - They are both faces and team up occasionally, but it's clear that they are still rivals.

Montana

Reaction score
Corre and Nexus are on alternate shows, their feud is idle for now.
Nexus was/is feuding with Cena...
CM Punk is feuding with Randy Orton.
It's assumed BOTH of those feuds will carry over into a Cena/Orton vs. Nexus program.
Miz is feuding with Jerry Lawler, his feud with Orton is over.
Cena's focus is elsewhere for the time being, therefore he cannot feud with Miz until he's won the Elimination Chamber, IF he wins... CM Punk is also trying to make sure Cena can't do that either, which is also keeping Cena away from Miz; which also plays into the aforementioned program of Cena/Orton vs. Nexus.

This isn't as clustered as one would make it out to be; in fact, it's best to just remember the Raw Title Match at WrestleMania is still wide open and we're going into a 6-man match at Elimination Chamber to determine the #1 contender, and also adding Lawler to the title picture at EC, and Punk is involved in a faction, therefore they tie into this and make it seem as clustered. I'd look for it all to make a little more sense after Elimination Chamber, but I'd bank on having Miz vs. Cena at WrestleMania and CM Punk vs. Randy Orton, and I'd almost bet Punk gets involved in Miz vs. Cena at Mania in some capacity as well in order to carry that on.

That does seem like a mouthful. I have that general same feeling as noumenon. I get in the interwoven thing; but at the same time it appears they want to leave options for the Wrestlemania card. With all the hype they've been doing it hasn't been built around Miz and Cena headlining Wrestlemania. I wonder if it's possible CM Punk somehow wins the title before Mania, and Orton challenges him; because it seems like they may be setting that up, or maybe they just want that to be a major feud other than the title match.

I'm not a fan of how the Nexus and Corre feud just got put on the backburner or idle. You could say, oh they are on both shows, but Nexus would make appearances on SD in the past. It's possible. So i don't exactly like how this has been working out.

I also did not like how they ended the Orton/Miz feud. I could be wrong but Miz cheated all 3 times to beat Orton. Wouldn't Randy Orton still want to get revenge on the Miz?? And shouldn't he be given another title shot if Miz used Punk's help to win. Then after their title match at the Royal Rumble, Cena/Orton are in the ring, miz jumps in and eliminates Cena, but not Orton?? Wouldn't they want to Miz character to at least be scared that Orton would get a rematch with like a no interference clause. Maybe i'm wrong, but i didnt think the RR was Orton last chance? IF I was Orton i'd want to still be going after Miz first, and punk second. I understand it's normally 3 and out; but it just surprised me that Miz didn't care that Randy Orton could have went on to win the Rumble. At least acknowledge the guy; Rather than Cena; whom they haven't had much interaction before the rumble.

The CM Punk and John Cena feud has ended, before really developing.

Then you have King Sheamus who was a main eventer, now floating around with nothing to do (until hhh returns) basically just saying he's the King now, so he can squash jobbers.

I do like the 2-21-11 thing, and the guest WM host. I'm always a big fan of surprises.

Just kinda my thoughts on this "mess or situation" I see why they are doing it like this, but i thought they would do a little better closure on some of those feuds.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
They explained why Orton wouldn't be getting another shot. Orton was in the ring the next night on Raw talking about Miz and then said Punk's name, then Punk came out and made it clear he'll do everything in his power to prevent Orton from getting a rematch and never win the title again. Sure they could do the grueling book 'em in cage matches, etc., but the know the fans have gotten sick of the Miz/Orton feud and wanted something newer. Besides, it's not like the door isn't left open for the future anyways.

And I would hesitate to say the Punk/Cena feud is over, especially given Cena once again proved Punk's point from the start that Cena is a hypocrite. We're still looking at Elimination Chamber feuds and keeping our eye on WrestleMania with no clue how most of this is going to play out for once.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
I think the WWE knows what they are doing. Every year, we have the same argument about all the covulated storylines, and then when wrestlemania comes around everybody thinks it's awesome. What is happening now is that they are trying to steer the feuds towards how it's going to be at Wrestlemania, without revealing too much. Punk/Nexus, Zigler/Edge Corre/Show is just a way of passing time till the build up to WM begins.

WM storylines.
Cena/Miz for the WWE championship (pretty obvious after the attack at RR)
Corre vs Nexus
Orton vs HHH vs Sheamus ( I'm guessing on this one, Orton is the one guy who is sticking out like a sore thumb.)
Del Rio/Edge

1chiban

Reaction score
I think the WWE knows what they are doing. Every year, we have the same argument about all the covulated storylines, and then when wrestlemania comes around everybody thinks it's awesome.

Here's hoping the actual matches are good this year. The last two 'Manias have featured one brilliant match in the form of 'Taker-Michaels (maybe we can stretch that to two if you don't condemn the MITBs as spotfests) amid a card dominated by mediocre match quality.