Next US Champ

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
After watching the fatal 4 way on Raw id be happy with Miz, Carlito or Jack Swagger.

Which (if any) do you think should be next US champ?

or which would make the best feud?

Discuss.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing the miz having a run with the US title. I quite like the miz he has come on loads since he 1st came to the E. He improved over time when teaming with Jomo. And made an impact on Raw.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
I would like Evan Bourne to get a shot at the US Title.

noumenon

Most likely I would have to say The Miz. Although all of these guys are in viable contention for the title Miz is the only one they actually had announce and make a point that he's after the title. Miz is in need of his first singles title to establish himself. Swagger has already held singles gold so he can hold off a bit longer. Honestly... I would much rather see him run a few good feuds and work his way straight to the main event.

phantomgerald

Either Swagger or Miz. If done properly, I think that either of them can have a quality feud with Kofi Kingston.

Airfixx

Fuck it, keep the belt on Kofi until they finally start giving him fueds.

Reaction score
^^ Kofi can't have real feuds. He can hardly cut a 30 second promo while keeping his accent.

Miz. He can talk. Man he can talk. But he can also work a solid match. I just really hate his new look. I guess he is trying to be more "serious". Swagger needs a new finisher and MVP needs to form a black stable, maybe to even oppose Legacy? Either way the E really needs to pay attention to it's black demographic. It's misunderstood when you have a guy who isn't Jamaican portraying one and seldom speaks and then there's JTG. Everytime I see/hear him I don't think hip hop thugsta, I think closet-case that's jonesin for his partner.

Airfixx

^^ Kofi can't have real feuds. He can hardly cut a 30 second promo while keeping his accent.

I totally appreciate this - Been saying it was a terrible idea from the off to give him that accent - but it wouldn't be impossible to write something for him where whilst the mic time would be kept to a minumum. (Steamboat larynx injury circa '87? lol) He's still managed to stay over with the crowd and I just think he's had a pretty decent run APART from the fact that there's been virtually nothing one-on-one and could do with something a bit more focused to round his reign off before dropping it. (Main thing I don't wanna see is him DROP the belt in a 4, 6 or 100-way clusterfuck.)

THEN..... Repackage.

noumenon

^I'm sure Kofi could completely drop the accent without much or any backlash. Hell, I remember a few weeks back WWE.com had an interview with him for the Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 where he didn't put on an accent.

If anyone needs a new finisher it's Miz... that "Skull Crushing Finale" he started using is generic finisher #31...I liked the reality check better.

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like Miz's finisher either, but the gutwrench just seems really underwhelming to me and I just don't buy it nor does it seem the crowds do. I don't know if it's that there's no pause before he hits it to amp up the crowd (like a batista bomb or pedigree) but it just seems like a really nice strong repertoire move compared to a finisher. Maybe if he sat out or maybe a pumphandle bomb or some nasty suplex. I dunno, just think he could really get more over if he had a more "it" finisher.

noumenon

He just doesn't seem like the powerbomb type of guy. I mean Swagger is a really big dude, which a lot of people don't realize..but he's not powerbomb big if that makes sense.
Hopefully he'll come up with something a little better down the road. Plenty of guys took a long time to develop their finishers. Orton didn't take on the RKO till pretty late. And Edge cycled through like 4 or 5 things before he ended up with the Spear.

Hometown Kid

I think Swagger using the Swanton bomb or other top rope move would be cool and unique for his size as a finisher.

Swagger should insert into the ME scene. Miz is...*shudders* needs to re-model his look again. And Carlito's burial is already into motion.

I would like to see Rhodes feud with Kofi and get the title leading to a big enough rise in stature to turn on Orton and Legacy eventually.

noumenon

Swagger going to the top rope wouldn't fit his amateur wrestling gimmick...at all..lol. He needs a quick explosive power move.

Hometown Kid

Swagger going to the top rope wouldn't fit his amateur wrestling gimmick...at all..lol.

He has his running Vader Bomb move, Angle has used a moonsault and a 450 splash, Lesnar used the Shooting Star and Shelton has ran up a ladder. It would be different as a finisher but in a unique way, not so much out of character I don't think.

Also his gutwrench move often got mis-called as a blue thunder bomb, if he did the actual (Red, white and) blue thunder bomb could work too.