News regarding Goldberg/Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lodger

Jobber
Reaction score
-_- stupid goldberg just accept money and wrestle!! the idiot needs to be grateful that hes still relevant enough to be offered anything at all.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
Ryback shouldn't even be on the card at this point, unless they seriously plan to build him up a little in the next couple months. Goldberg has plenty of potential uses, but he'd be wasted on Rycrap.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Meh. Don't care about seeing a Goldberg match really, a return where he spears someone would be markable, but a match would just be terrible. A Ryback/Goldberg match would be just bland to watch.

HEELKris

Jobber
Reaction score
If he accepts/wants to put Ryback over, why not. Goldberg is a big name. He's like 50 though, and he hasn't stepped in a wrestling ring in 10 years. He would have severe ring rust lol. Plus he's always been a sloppy worker.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
If the plan is for Goldberg to spear Ryback in three seconds and bury him forever this needs sorting. Saying that no doubt Ryback would injure Goldberg by just taking that spear.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
If the plan is for Goldberg to spear Ryback in three seconds and bury him forever this needs sorting. Saying that no doubt Ryback would injure Goldberg by just taking that spear.
Goldberg will injure Ryback by spearing him to death and Ryback will injure Goldberg by selling it poorly.

Reactions: Cloud

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I read something about a month ago about how WWE was actually becoming more open to the idea of having Goldberg wrestle someone other than Ryback. Goldberg has said publicly that he doesn't mind putting someone over but he doesn't want it to be to someone who has been "losing left and right."

At this point, I don't see Goldberg wrestling or making an appearance at all, which I'm completely fine with. Can't think of who else he could fight other than Ryback and while I wouldn't mind seeing a squash match where Ryback lays down the challenge and then ends up squashed by Goldberg within no more than 3-5 minutes, I could live without.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If he accepts/wants to put Ryback over, why not. Goldberg is a big name. He's like 50 though, and he hasn't stepped in a wrestling ring in 10 years. He would have severe ring rust lol. Plus he's always been a sloppy worker.
lol Ryback would not go over Goldberg

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Can I point out I have no idea why Reigns and Goldberg is not the match being discussed.

That'd make perfect sense, actually. They're both big guys, Reigns is very protected and has a lot of credibility and they both share the same finisher. Could turn out to be a great powerhouse match where they use Goldberg's star power to give the rub to someone whom they actually care about making into a big star.

They could even save The Shield breakup for post-Mania after Ambrose and Rollins get jealous of Reigns defeating Goldberg and looking far superior to the both of them in the process.

Reactions: Cloud

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
That'd make perfect sense, actually. They're both big guys, Reigns is very protected and has a lot of credibility and they both share the same finisher. Could turn out to be a great powerhouse match where they use Goldberg's star power to give the rub to someone whom they actually care about making into a big star.

They could even save The Shield breakup for post-Mania after Ambrose and Rollins get jealous after Reigns defeats Goldberg and looks far superior to the both of them.
Totally with how Reigns has been built now this should be the match. I'm confused as to why the WWE don't see it as its to blatant for even them to miss.