• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

New Opponents for Kane & Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 29?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Ohhhhh poor Ziggler....It is like you are on the verge of being released, or pushing 40 with no world titles....

Because there isn't this thing called "wait a fucking minute". Ziggler will get on top of the card soon enough, like your parents used to say...Be patient. Good things happen to those who wait.....Also. Stop sounding like children.

You can only push so much at the moment. Not everyone is destined for headliner and not everyone is as big of a mark for themselves to think otherwise. Act like it didn't take Mark Henry how many years to finally get where he is?

How long did it take Jericho to become the great performer that is he is now?

It is like they worked at tit for along time before they were given the gold.

Alow me to reiterate......WAIT!

Glad Deezy made this post so I don't have to. They haven't exactly castrated Ziggler he has been in the upper midcard his whole time as MITB holder and a tag team title match and Mania payday isn't exactly the horrible thing everyone is making it out to be. Yes, I would have rather seen Ziggler vs Jericho but this match wouldn't bother me.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
WWE have absolutely ballsed up Zigglers supposed 'push' He's spent most of the past year jobbing to Brodus, Sheamus and Orton, with an occasional win in between. AJ and Big E are getting more of a push than Ziggler is right now which is ass backwards, they're meant to make Ziggler look even better not make him look worse. He's just going to get a Swagger esque cash in (maybe even lose), if he wins it'll be a World Title reign that nobody can take seriously because he's been booked like shit and it sinks his career for a few years like it did to Swagger.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Ohhhhh poor Ziggler....It is like you are on the verge of being released, or pushing 40 with no world titles....

Because there isn't this thing called "wait a fucking minute". Ziggler will get on top of the card soon enough, like your parents used to say...Be patient. Good things happen to those who wait.....Also. Stop sounding like children.

You can only push so much at the moment. Not everyone is destined for headliner and not everyone is as big of a mark for themselves to think otherwise. Act like it didn't take Mark Henry how many years to finally get where he is?

How long did it take Jericho to become the great performer that is he is now?

It is like they worked at tit for along time before they were given the gold.

Alow me to reiterate......WAIT!

Unless he beats Cena, Rock, Taker, Brock, Punk, Sheamus, Orton in succession over the next couple of months when he cashes in he'll look like an unworthy Champion. Simple as that.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It's the world title not the wwe one he's getting so yeah, simple as that

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Couldn't have Rhodes Scholars vs Team Hell No huh?

Fuck me running. It was the LOGICAL FUCKING FEUD!!!!! I wanted to see Rhodes Scholars win and dominate the tag titles for a straight year.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
It's the world title not the wwe one he's getting so yeah, simple as that

That logic didn't help Swagger when he went from jobber to WHC in a week, as the casual fans couldn't take him seriously. Its still a world title and the IWC might know how good Ziggler is and how low on the totem pole the WHC is but you have to be built up as a World Champ before you win the title. Even Punks first 2 Title reigns flopped with the audience at large due to that fact.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Wll say that the way Sheamus and Orton have worked as a team, its kind of a shame that they aren't the contenders.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It baffles me how people on the boards could never seem to grasp the fact that casual viewers don't give a fuck about wins or losses. That a jobber from 5 months ago is going to WM for a world title and it wasn't even questioned by anyone outside of the IWC bubble.

Ziggler will be the same way, a heel is easy to book. Wins and losses don't matter for them, all they need to do is a few dastardly acts, get some heat. And BOOM! title contender.

This isn't rocket science, it's pro wrestling.

Some people really have to stop over thinking this shit for real.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
With Swagger I think it was his sudden shift in persona that caused the downfall of his reign. If the reason had been legit like the one Jericho had given, that he's not going to be the guy that others want him to be, he's going to be his own man etc, then it would have made sense, but with Swagger it was more like, hey, I'm world champion now, I need to act all seriously now.

I actually remember the guy wearing a suit. It was so awful.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
It baffles me how people on the boards could never seem to grasp the fact that casual viewers don't give a fuck about wins or losses. That a jobber from 5 months ago is going to WM for a world title and it wasn't even questioned by anyone outside of the IWC bubble.

Ziggler will be the same way, a heel is easy to book. Wins and losses don't matter for them, all they need to do is a few dastardly acts, get some heat. And BOOM! title contender.

Nope. People need to see a build otherwise we'd see Tyson Kidd go from jobber to World Champ. There's a reason the current Main Eventers are taken seriously as World Champ. Look at Punk, nobody took him seriously in his first two World Title reigns, same thing with Sheamus and his first reign. It needs to be established in peoples minds that this guy is a World Championship level competitor before they become Champion.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I think the stress comes not from preople thinking WWE won't end up pushing Ziggler, but that they are taking too long to do so, or that it will be poorly handled. To me, Ziggler's gradual push should've began shortly after he won the briefcase and that seemed to be the case with the Cena fued. But he's been dawdling around with AJ and Langston not really doing anything for so long they (or at least Big E.) may become another anchor. WWE have a habit of either giving guys a push with little to work with or waiting too long to pull the trigger.

I'll try to be optimistic until we actually see what happens. But it isn't Ziggler not getting pushed that worries me at this rate, it's how he'll be pushed. I'm assuming they are playing Dolph low key to spring the suprise cash in, but I'm unsure whether this is the right way to go. They need to get the ball rolling with him a little bit first, but then he's extremely overshadowed at the moment. He's in a weird place but I agree WWE will give him his day eventually.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nope. People need to see a build otherwise we'd see Tyson Kidd go from jobber to World Champ. There's a reason the current Main Eventers are taken seriously as World Champ. Look at Punk, nobody took him seriously in his first two World Title reigns, same thing with Sheamus and his first reign. It needs to be established in peoples minds that this guy is a World Championship level competitor before they become Champion.

I said booking heels isn't hard, you name faces who fail to get heat, which is an oxymoron. And I distinctly remember CM Punk being very over when he won his first world title. And Sheamus beating Cena for the belt ws viewed as a breath of fresh air.

Only people saying it was a flop was people on the internet, I never heard one mark say this guy is a joke. Casual fans always tune in when they hear a new champion is crowned, especially if it's new blood. To act like everyone who watches wrestling like people like us is far-sighted and wrong.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Whilst it is easy to book a heel back up the card it is still disappointing that yet again they have buried a MITB winner. They have shown that a MITB winner is inferior and can't pick up any decent wins even when in this case he has two people backing him up. Yes the MITB winner is meant to be a level below the World/WWE champions they should be looked at as a decent threat in the long run. I just fail to see the point in giving someone the win and then giving them loss after loss rather than trying to book them wins to make them look strong before the eventual cash in. Yes wins/losses mean less when it is a heel but still it would be nice to see a progression up the card after they win such a big match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ziggler isn't the only one who had a briefcase and looked feeble with it, last year Daniel Bryan was just a guy with a briefcase, who had to have Big Show around to look after him against Mark Henry. And he became instant Smackdown! number one guy overnight.

The whole concept of MITB is old now, it lost any meaning when it became it's own PPV. It's about time it joins the KOTR and just goes away. Jobbing out MITB winners is step one, Cena didn't win with it, baby steps.