New Opponents for Kane & Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 29?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- On Monday, WWE officials discussed having Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan for the WWE Tag Team Titles at WrestleMania 29. This is why Langston attacked Daniel Bryan. By what happened at the SmackDown tapings last night, it looks like they are moving forward with this plan.
If this is true then :lmao :lmao Just put his briefcase on the line in a matchup against a guy who's actually going to go somewhere because it's quite obvious they have zero idea what to do with him.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
For some reason I thought Ziggler would wrestle Jericho at Mania.

Wonder what Jericho will be doing.

I'm not a fan of this at all, I hate Big E. Dolph and AJ are okay, and in all honesty I'd have rather had Jericho vs Ziggler with AJ Lee.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It is a shame because he had great momentum during his feud with Cena and then just let the man falter week after week making his whole little trio deal with AJ and Big E look useless.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Would you rather have Ziggler doing a battle royal dark match? Don't know why he isn't facing Jericho, with significant timing, that could be used to filter between Brock and Trips and Punk and Taker.

SBS

Reaction score
How WWE has handled Dolph Ziggler and his MITB briefcase to me has been a failure. It seems like anytime Ziggler gets some momentum going, the creative team just stops. I think Dolph Ziggler could be a great champion and considering Swagger was supposed to win the Title I could see Ziggler cashing in at Mania. Honestly as said above if he doesn't cash in and go through with this when will Ziggler ever cash in? I don't see him taking it off of Cena or Rock regardless of who wins. And I definitely don't see him taking the tag titles off of Kane and Bryan because let's face it Big E is the TNA equivalent of Robbie T. He does nothing for Ziggler and is just bringing him down imo. I believe Ziggler is ready and I'm hoping this is just a swerve but it probably isn't, and if it isn't I just don't know and will probably expect a Jack Swagger like cash in within the next month or two only to lose it a little later. But hey it couldn't be any shorter than his first reign am I right? lol

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
If the heavyweight title goes first then we won't see a cash in if not however we shall see a cash in by Ziggler.

Good point. Maybe they are having this open to throw us off guard?

Things like this have happened. Remember the time when Jericho lost to Shawn Michaels and then won the world title on the same night? Was that in 2008? I forget. He was doing his whole No country for old men/"Honest man" shtick then.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: New Opponents for Kane & Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 29?

I can honestly see a scenario though where Big E loses the match at Mania, Dolph splits from him and AJ leaving them to rehash Trish and Tomko, and Dolph makes his mark by chasing in mitb and winning at mania.

Good point. Maybe they are having this open to throw us off guard?

Things like this have happened. Remember the time when Jericho lost to Shawn Michaels and then won the world title on the same night? Was that in 2008? I forget. He was doing his whole No country for old men/"Honest man" shtick then.
Edge also got disqualified when fighting for the IC title against flair iirc and then cashed in mitb to end that night

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
A lot of people seem convinced that Ziggler is cashing in at Mania. I'm not so sure.

A split would be ideal, but I think Ziggler needs to go alone for a few months before cashing in. The guy's got zero momentum right now and him cashing him would be nearly as deflating as when Swagger did it.

Franco

Reaction score
This seems like an awful matchup. If they don't know what to do just make it a 5 on 5 Bragging Rights SD vs Raw/Team Teddy vs Team Johnny kind of match (at least everyone will get a spot on Wrestlemania).

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well right now the tag champs, IC champ, us champ, mr mitb, WSM, Miz, Air Jimmy, Rodes Scholars, and Show don't have matches. That's 12 top talents.

I assume they also may want to milk Cara and Rey if Rey can go even a little bit.

I forgot about Jericho, so yeah that's at least 15 regulars on TV I expect to be thrown into mania someway and honestly I wouldn't be shocked to see PTP and 3MB also get thrown on since they get regular time and mania needs it comedy

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Such a random match to come out with for the show. Still would prefer them to book more teams in the tag team title match, make it a four corners elimination match to get more guys on the card and to show that there are multiple teams that actually want the titles. It is disappointing how poorly Ziggler has been booked as MITB winner but at least this would get them on the card and to be honest most MITB winners are booked terrible yet they still go on to win the title.

AF.

Reaction score
Poor Ziggler. There are plenty tag teams in the company that would benefit from having a tag match at WrestleMania, Dolph is past it.

Heck, New Age Outlaws vs. Team Hell No would be an awesome little match.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It's truly a shame to see that Dolph is being used so terribly. One of the better talents they have, yet they don't want to use it. What a waste.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ohhhhh poor Ziggler....It is like you are on the verge of being released, or pushing 40 with no world titles....

Because there isn't this thing called "wait a fucking minute". Ziggler will get on top of the card soon enough, like your parents used to say...Be patient. Good things happen to those who wait.....Also. Stop sounding like children.

You can only push so much at the moment. Not everyone is destined for headliner and not everyone is as big of a mark for themselves to think otherwise. Act like it didn't take Mark Henry how many years to finally get where he is?

How long did it take Jericho to become the great performer that is he is now?

It is like they worked at tit for along time before they were given the gold.

Alow me to reiterate......WAIT!