New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Is King of Pro-Wrestling worth watching?

Haven't been keeping up with NJPW, or much of any puro wrestling for a few months.

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Is King of Pro-Wrestling worth watching?

Haven't been keeping up with NJPW, or much of any puro wrestling for a few months.
I'd say so, the NEVER match was great, Goto vs Omega was a solid rematch, the main event was fantastic and there were a few good tag team matches.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
So who's everyone got pegged to win in the WTL so far. I think they might give it to TenKoji because of Tenzan's imminent retirement but I'd like to see Evil/SANADA win overall.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not expecting TenKoji to win at all tbh, I can't see anyone from the A-block winning honestly. Think it's either gonna be Ishii and Goto or EVIL and SANADA, I don't mind either

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
kinda interested what'll happen with YOSHI-HASHI at Wrestle Kingdom. He's really over, so I do hope he's put in a match with even a little bit of importance. Maybe the NEVER 6-man belts with fellow CHAOS member Yano and Marufuji (even though it'd kinda look like a weird mash of guys then), I don't know.

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I have Ishii and Goto pinned to win the tag league, mainly because I see nothing else for them to do at Wrestle Kingdom aside from chasing the tag belts.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Let's be honest, I'm not sure what to expect of NJPW Tourney's after this years G1. Didn't see a Omega/Goto final coming at all.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Let's be honest, I'm not sure what to expect of NJPW Tourney's after this years G1. Didn't see a Omega/Goto final coming at all.
The G1 was pretty weird indeed but I think it's a given Goto and Ishii win this. Ishii has been feuding with GOD for a little while now.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Wrestle Kingdom 11 card:

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

NEVER Openweight Championship
Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship
KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi

IWGP Tag Team Championship
Guerrillas of Destiny (c) vs. Tomoaki Honma & Togi Makabe

ROH World Championship
Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole

Special Singles Match
Cody Rhodes vs. Juice Robinson

NEVER 6-Man Championship Gauntlet
David Finlay (c), Ricochet (c), & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Will Ospreay, YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Bushi, EVIL & Sanada vs. Hangman Page, Yujiro Takahashi & Bad Luck Fale

IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championship
The Young Bucks (c) vs. Rappongi Vice

Special Tiger Mask W Anime Match
Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger The Dark

Pre-Show New Japan Rumble

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Its odd but I have almost no hype for WrestleKingdom. Maybe I am burned out on New Japan right now or something. Its definitely not as hyped up with me as previous years

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I expect absolutely nothing from Cody vs Juice, but other than that the card is really good. I'm glad the Jr. Tag titles are up for grabs in a match that actually has some story behind it other than 4 geek junior teams yelled at each other after a match. The NEVER 6-man is the title that's made for getting everyone on the card as it is doing here. Kyle vs Cole... eh. They're capable of having a good match but I have a hard time seeing them do it in the Tokyo Dome in 13 mins. I really don't have much to say about the other title matches other than them being pretty good, although I can't help but imagine how different the card would be if NOAH hadn't been bought.

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
VANGUARD ONE IS IN NEW JAPAN!
C1JTye_VIAA8qvz.jpg:large