NBA 2014

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hates on Melo for selfish play, but is an iverson fan. How does that work?

Both great, Iverson was dope. Scorers gunna score.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Hates on Melo for selfish play, but is an iverson fan. How does that work?

Both great, Iverson was dope. Scorers gunna score.
I was a little kid watching Iverson play. I liked Melo when I was younger as well.

I'm not hating on Melo, either. Simply stating I don't really dig watching a selfish scorer like Melo force up an inefficient 32 and 8 as opposed to a team that plays together on the offensive end is all.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I feel you on that. I wish the knicks played that type of ball. J.R. Smith, and Melo on one team is a disaster of bad shots.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Teams I really dig watching besides GS are like the Clippers (even though I'm rooting against them, I love watching Paul control a game) Miami of course, San Antonio, Denver, or even Dallas when Dirk is healthy. I even cringe watching OKC sometimes when they get too sucked into just letting Westbrook and Durant take turns going 1 on 5.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
All fun teams to watch. I've never been a big Clippers fan though, because i'm usually watching warriors or lakers at that time slot. I enjoy gritty teams like the pacers and bulls. I like that beat em up type of play. I believe those are the ones that can beat the elite teams.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
People say the way to beat the Heat is to 'beat them up' but I've never seen any evidence to suggest Miami is soft by any means.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
People say the way to beat the Heat is to 'beat them up' but I've never seen any evidence to suggest Miami is soft by any means.
Miami isn't soft just they don't have enough Bigs to actually be physical in the paint...Roy hibbert and David west were bodying any of the bigs Miami put out there. That's why they say that

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Miami isn't soft just they don't have enough Bigs to actually be physical in the paint...Roy hibbert and David west were bodying any of the bigs Miami put out there. That's why they say that
Yup, exactly. I've been saying that for years. The Heat are small, but it doesn't matter in the end. Best way to beat them though is with a mean paint game. Easier said than done, they will probably 3 peat

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Funny, because SA almost beat them with small ball and throwing up a lot of 3s. Playing Duncan at Center, Kawai at the 4. If not for Duncan missing lay ups/easy boards and Ray Allen's miracle 3, the Spurs would have won the title, beating Miami with small ball.

In more important news, the Dubs extended Bogut and I found this swell vid from last season to get me extra hyped for Wednesday. Fuck the Lakers

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
Funny, because SA almost beat them with small ball and throwing up a lot of 3s. Playing Duncan at Center, Kawai at the 4. If not for Duncan missing lay ups/easy boards and Ray Allen's miracle 3, the Spurs would have won the title, beating Miami with small ball.

In more important news, the Dubs extended Bogut and I found this swell vid from last season to get me extra hyped for Wednesday. Fuck the Lakers

Can't wait till they move to frisco

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
If the warriors are healthy, and get to face the heat in the finals. I bet they dominate the boards, dominate the paint, dominate from the ft line, and play gritty defense. That was my point dolph. A team with big bodies can do damage to the Heat. The warriors biggest strength is the Heat's only weakness. You think any combination of bosh/birdman/oden(grandpa legs) is going to stop Iggy, bogut, O'neil, Speights, and lee? Please, they honestly better count on their defense/board/paint play to beat the heat. If they think Curry is going to tear it up from the 3 point line and keep up then they have NO shot. He can't be superman every game.

I just used your team as an example, because they have good big men that I think could do damage to the heat.

I actually just made myself really like the Warriors and I'll watch them even if Curry blows out his ankle, because they are so dominating on that front.

Last edited: