NBA 2014-2015 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Last night marked the official start of the 2014-2015 NBA regular season, there were 3 games that took place to open the season.

• The New Orleans Pelicans lead by Anthony Davis beat the Orlando Magic, 101-84.
  • The San Antonio Spurs beat the Dallas Mavericks by one point in a very exciting season opener, 101-100.
  • The Houston Rockets beat the LA Lakers, 108-90.
Sad news for Lakers' 1st round draft pick Julius Randle as he was taken off the court in a stretcher.. he fractured his leg pretty bad and will definitely be out for a few months.. This was Randle's first game in the NBA other than the Summer League & Pre-Season.. Terrible way to start off the official NBA career.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Cavs lose their first game of the season, most attribute it to the lack of chemistry, we'll see what happens. Go Bulls!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

First Klay got paid, then had his coming out party against Kobe. Love how much more he is attacking the rim this season + getting to the FT line. He is taking the next step in his evolution of becoming a top NBA player.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score

First Klay got paid, then had his coming out party against Kobe. Love how much more he is attacking the rim this season + getting to the FT line. He is taking the next step in his evolution of becoming a top NBA player.

If Steve Kerr is running the triangle offense this ensures anybody can touch the ball and get shots off quickly.
This offense not only suits Thompson perfectly, but allows Steph Curry to utilize his skill set as well.
Given that Thompson is a better pure shooter than Jordan and Kobe ever were, his role in the triangle offense should show a tremendous upside.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If Steve Kerr is running the triangle offense this ensures anybody can touch the ball and get shots off quickly.
This offense not only suits Thompson perfectly, but allows Steph Curry to utilize his skill set as well.
Given that Thompson is a better pure shooter than Jordan and Kobe ever were, his role in the triangle offense should show a tremendous upside.

we aren't running the triangle. Kerr's offense is a lot more versatile

here is a look at the offense, from preseason though

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Great video.
I read somewhere the triangle would be one phase of the entire offense. Everything is flowing relatively well in the early going.
I still believe the Warriors have the personnel to utilize the triangle. It's a long season and what they are doing is fine.

I remember noting about the isolation/post up garbage Mark Jackson employed. I hated it when he (and Gary Payton) did it as a player and I hate it now.