Mysterio: I Want Del Rio @ WM30

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Del Rio hate all stems from one thing....Taking the title off Ziggler, people equate him to Zigglers downfall.

Played a white meat babyface, it was bad, but the mateches weren't, his run with Sheamus and Orton the year before had great matches, the guy delivers in the ring. He just hasn't found a writer who has found chemistry with him, and that's a very important ingredient these days.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Del Rio hate all stems from one thing....Taking the title off Ziggler, people equate him to Zigglers downfall.

Not even close really, he was hated way before that. Everyone complained about him being pushed so fast, everyone complained about him winning MITB, everyone complained about his first WWE title reigns, everyone complained about his Sheamus feud, everyone complained about his face turn. You're right that some of the hate is because of that because Ziggler's loved by a lot of people on the internet but stemming from it? Nope.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Yeah ADR's almost always been hated. When he debuted everyone loved him then quickly started hating him for whatever reason. They want Punk, Bryan, Cesaro, Hero etc. pushed to World Title status immediately but then complain when someone actually does get a quick ME push.

Reactions: The Cork

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bullshit, when he debuted, everyone was all "omgz he shud b champz already!!!" "er mah gerd Edge shud put him ovr at Maniaz!!!" "Selfish Edge don't put himz over!!!!" "YAAAY CHRISTIAN WINZ" "OMGZ Why don't Orton put over ADR!!!!".....Everything seemed pretty rosy for him and the netz until he turned face and then took the title back from Ziggler......Now it's all how overrated he is, and how he is always in the title picture.

It's like the brown version of Cena, everything was rosy for him until he was beating Jericho and Angle.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Nah, the hate really started after he won the title for the first time and was part of the clusterfuck feud with Cena and Punk. His title runs were horrible and everyone's basically hated him since then.

If anything, I know I've been having to defend Del Rio for over a year now, it's just gotten worse since the Ziggler thing.

Reactions: Deezy

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
My hatred for Del Rio came just about the time he won the Rumble. Before that I was okay with him but then he started the world title feuds and it was just terrible from then on out. His feud with Sheamus was unbearable and then his little face turn and another terrible feud with Big Show. He just needs to go into a short feud for once, with someone not named Rey Mysterio, stop talking, and kick the shit out of people. And keep him far away from any world title for the next year or two.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
His feud with Sheamus was way better than that other titles jumbled mess with innernet darlings fighting over a crazy bitch who went all Kane and played a shitty referee.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Am I the only one ignoring Rey said work a lucha match at mania? As in not the norm for what they have done before and something we haven't seen. I would be interested in that especially if Rey feels he can pull it off (shows confidence in his knee).

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Bullshit, when he debuted, everyone was all "omgz he shud b champz already!!!" "er mah gerd Edge shud put him ovr at Maniaz!!!" "Selfish Edge don't put himz over!!!!" "YAAAY CHRISTIAN WINZ" "OMGZ Why don't Orton put over ADR!!!!".....Everything seemed pretty rosy for him and the netz until he turned face and then took the title back from Ziggler......Now it's all how overrated he is, and how he is always in the title picture.

It's like the brown version of Cena, everything was rosy for him until he was beating Jericho and Angle.

I remember there being hate from the off, people slagged off his hype promos and his whole 'destiny' gimmick.

I don't get why teh IWC hate him, he is the template of everything they love, stiff worker, kind of puro style, bland promos at times.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I remember there being hate from the off, people slagged off his hype promos and his whole 'destiny' gimmick.

I don't get why teh IWC hate him, he is the template of everything they love, stiff worker, kind of puro style, bland promos at times.

The absence of three letters "R O H" in his resume is my guess.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
My dislike came from pretty much getting pushed to main event asap, i always liked seeing guys work their way up from debut, to mid card title runs then have the fans begging for this guy to become a main eventer and he gets the shot. But that's just me, it's got nothing to do with the ring work matter of fact Del Rio in the ring is quite possible top 10 in WWE right now. But him as a heel just does nothing for me, now i liked him being that rich car driving asshole but I have no idea what he's suppose to be doing with his gimmick now that is suppose to make me care. I did however love his face work with Ricardo and some of the matches he had against show, it's just a shame the people did not get as behind it as i did.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
At least Cork even knows how shitty ROH is and how IWC guys don't even like it anymore for his trolling.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Good thing Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards weren't signed because that would have shot that shitty theory right down.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Pretty sure Seth Rollin's was hated when he first came in, IDK i might be wrong tho. lol @ this "automatically beloved" by the iwc talk just cause most some of us watch the indies and watch certain guys compete and we enjoy them as soon as they come to wwe we continue to cheer for them. I didn't know that was a bad thing, remind me the next time someone i like gets signed that use to work for ROH to start hating them for reasons i don't understand.

Last edited: