Muhammad Hassan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Everyone on this site thinks that Hassan could have been a great asset to wwe so I thought "why not create a thread about him"

What would have happened had he stuck around

The Viper

Reaction score
He would have beat Batista at Summerslam 2005 and become World Champion.

I think he still would be around today if UPN weren't so sensitive (and if those London bombings never happened). Sucks.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
He would have been a big star, he just came around at a terrible time with his particular gimmick. Had 9/11 not happened, it wouldn't have been such a big deal, but having that happen and then pushing a guy with that gimmick....yeah.

Personally, I had no problem with that gimmick at all (and it isn't 'well, you're Canadian' because I'm not, I live in Canada right now, but from the wonderful state of NY) because I know it is just that: a gimmick. In fact, Mark Copani was born in New York.....

It isn't as if this was the first time someone in the WWF/WWE (or any wrestling promotion, for that matter) has used a gimmick that went against America. Hell, even Sgt. Slaughter had turned against America during the war. The thing is, some of us realize that this is just part of the storylines. The people acting this out aren't actually jumping for joy that a war is going on or that a bunch of people died in a terrorist attack. It is just something they use to get the heat required for that character. It is no different than the movies or TV shows that tackle these same situations.

People love to talk shit about how wrestling is fake and one big soap opera but they get their assholes in a knot when the story goes a way they don't want it to go. If you are going to diss wrestling for 'not being real', you should know that these situations are just storylines (also NOT REAL).

Sabretooth

Reaction score
He would have been a big star, he just came around at a terrible time with his particular gimmick. Had 9/11 not happened, it wouldn't have been such a big deal, but having that happen and then pushing a guy with that gimmick....yeah.

Personally, I had no problem with that gimmick at all (and it isn't 'well, you're Canadian' because I'm not, I live in Canada right now, but from the wonderful state of NY) because I know it is just that: a gimmick. In fact, Mark Copani was born in New York.....

It isn't as if this was the first time someone in the WWF/WWE (or any wrestling promotion, for that
matter) has used a gimmick that went against America. Hell, even Sgt. Slaughter had turned against America during the war. The thing is, some of us realize that this is just part of the storylines. The people acting this out aren't actually jumping for joy that a war is going on or that a bunch of people died in a terrorist attack. It is just something they use to get the heat required for that character. It is no different than the movies or TV shows that tackle these same situations.

People love to talk shit about how wrestling is fake and one big soap opera but they get their assholes in a knot when the story goes a way they don't want it to go. If you are going to diss wrestling for 'not being
real', you should know that these situations are just storylines (also NOT REAL).

People will never stop flipping their shit when stroylines don't fo their way.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This makes me smile. I don't mean to be a dick but, I remembered you saying this.
I don't mean to be a dick, but commas come before the second half of the sentence that you're adjoining.

It isn't as if this was the first time someone in the WWF/WWE (or any wrestling promotion, for that matter) has used a gimmick that went against America. Hell, even Sgt. Slaughter had turned against America during the war. The thing is, some of us realize that this is just part of the storylines. The people acting this out aren't actually jumping for joy that a war is going on or that a bunch of people died in a terrorist attack. It is just something they use to get the heat required for that character. It is no different than the movies or TV shows that tackle these same situations.

People love to talk shit about how wrestling is fake and one big soap opera but they get their assholes in a knot when the story goes a way they don't want it to go. If you are going to diss wrestling for 'not being real', you should know that these situations are just storylines (also NOT REAL).
I agree. Our culture has become so sensitive and overprotective that we can't just sit back and relax anymore. For crying out loud we don't get films like Die Hard taken out of stores for portraying German nationals in a negative light. It's so ridiculous. It's entertainment. All Hassan did was choke out Undertaker with piano wire. Big F'N deal.

Muhammad Hassan was one of the last great all around packages. Hassan knew how to work the crowd and work his opponent.

He could have been a player for a long time.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I don't mean to be a dick, but commas come before the second half of the sentence that you're adjoining.

I agree. Our culture has become so sensitive and overprotective that we can't just sit back and relax anymore. For crying out loud we don't get films like Die Hard taken out of stores for portraying German nationals in a negative light. It's so ridiculous. It's entertainment. All Hassan did was choke out Undertaker with piano wire. Big F'N deal.

Muhammad Hassan was one of the last great all around packages. Hassan knew how to work the crowd and work his opponent.

He could have been a player for a long time.

I don't mean to be a complete Grammar Nazi cunt face like you were, but what does "F'N" mean?

Anyways, I do totally agree with you about Hassan. I was always a fan.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don't mean to be a complete Grammar Nazi cunt face like you were, but what does "F'N" mean?

Anyways, I do totally agree with you about Hassan. I was always a fan.

For someone who's supposed to be an ECW fan, I'd think you would know. It's an abbreviation for fuckin'.

"EC F'N W", "The Whole F'N Show Rob Van Dam".

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
For someone who's supposed to be an ECW fan, I'd think you would know. It's an abbreviation for fuckin'.

"EC F'N W", "The Whole F'N Show Rob Van Dam".

What the fuck is ECW?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Hey that's my line, except with NXT.

and when undertaker last rided Muhammad Hassan through the stage was that real.

Is that a question? If it was the answer is no. No, he was not "Last Rided" straight to concrete and died or whatever the story was.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Is that a question? If it was the answer is no. No, he was not "Last Rided" straight to concrete and died or whatever the story was.

Then how did wwe pull the stunt. Did they put padding on the floor?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I'm going to let you in on a secret. It's called "suspension of disbelief". If you knew how a magician cut the woman in half would you care? If you knew how the Undertaker pulled off that move would it seem as important? Stop worrying about how everything is done and just enjoy it, trust me, its a lot more fun that way.

The Viper

Reaction score

How did the WWE pull the stunt last week when Kane chokeslammed Ryder through the stage? Same exact way they did in 2005.

What Fuji said. Your belief, suspend it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I just watched the undertaker beat down hassan's men then last ride him through the stage.

It was hilarious.