Movies You Like That Nobody Else Does

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Sherri Moon as a neglectful stripper mom, is right up her alley, and reminds me of real life serial killer Henry Lee Lucas' mother(who was a prostitute who would do her johns infront of Henry and his disabled father). Lucas was even active durring the filming of the original Halloween, and it is not uncommon for "slashers" to get some sort of connection to a RL Serial Killer(Leatherface & Norman Bates are both based off of Ed Gein). Her performance might not have been her greatest, but the inclusion of the character added more depth to Michael.

*EDIT* Forgot about one, that is very near & dear to my heart. Super Mario Bros., now I am not going to try and justify liking this movie, because honestly I dont understand why I enjoy it enough to watch it every year for the last 19 years, but I do.

Last edited:

Pete

Reaction score
No it isn't. There's nothing in there even remotely similar to the games, apart from maybe Mario & Luigi themselves.

Pete

Reaction score
Yeah, I like cheesy myself, but sometimes it doesn't work, and the movie just becomes awful.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
By all accounts, Wild Things is a shitty movie, with some nice tits. Thats being nice, but having a huge crush on Neve Campbell I enjoy watching her make out with Denise Richardson.

Child's Play is one of those movies that when people look back on it, its in a joking manner. I have never heard anyone call it a "quenticential classic", and have heard about the hatred people have for a plastic doll. Only when I peeled back everything and really sat down to watch it did I actually find it enjoyable at all, and even then it was more funny than horror, and it wasnt meant to be funny.

About Zombie, and Halloween. He created nearly 40 minutes of new history for Michael, and removed alot of the parts from the original that slowed down the pace where it wasnt needed. His vision of Michael was meant to make him more realistic, and diverge away from the comparrisons to Jason(who when you really boil it down, are essentially the same character before Zombie touches it). I personally thought it was great fanservice, and that Zombie was the best man for the job asides from John Carpenter, and stands as my favorite remake. The thing about it being made into a cheesy horror movie, is that is the perception of them, all horror movies are cheesy, or campy. Malcom McDowell was amazing is both movies(but then again I have never seen him in anything I didnt like), and Sherri Moon as Michaels mother was one of my favorite things about the remake.

1. Wild Things is so bad it is good, but it is bad on purpose and the overkill of twists I think is meant to be playing with the conventions of the genre. Also the likes of Kevin Bacon and Matt Dillon ham it up for its worth. I find it entertaining and John McNeighton is a smart directer.

2. Fair enough I guess I would say a lot of people found the first childs play scary because that idea of taking something as childlike as a doll and making it the monster of the film is a unique and creepy idea. It was Bride of Chucky which restarted the francise after two forgettable sequels.

3. By trying to make Michael human you make him less scary and over expose him, the reason he is so scary in Carpenter's film is because he seems in human and is unpredictable. Besides I really don't think the attempts make him human really worked anyway, for example the scene when they use the song "Love Hurts" is just so toe curling.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nope, Wildthings was all about Denise Richards boobies and her making out with Neve Cambell, nobody I know cared about the story nor the twist and turns.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nope, Wildthings was all about Denise Richards boobies and her making out with Neve Cambell, nobody I know cared about the story nor the twist and turns.

Your misunderstanding me I wasn't saying the story was that clever or in depth just that it was a fun genre piece and Kevin Bacon as always was great in it.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
If it wasnt for boobs & lesbos, Wild Things would have been forgotten.

I am an oddball, but I actually enjoyed Zombies Halloween remakes more than the originals. The only other movie I can say that about is Tom Savini's remake of Night of the Living Dead, by making Barbara a strong, empowered woman it actually added to the story.

Pete

Reaction score
I have the original (b/w) NoTLD, need to get round to watching it. It cost me 50 pence (about $1).

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I have about 3 copies of the original NOTLD.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah, he played Koopa (seriously?)
:lmao And Hopper has repeatedly stated that it was the absolute worst movie experience he's ever been a part of. Right after that movie was released, he ran the directors into the ground publicly and never got any heat for it because everyone who saw the movie agreed with him. Just awesome.

That little slut Denise Richards gets her tits out in a lot of movies. "Starship Troopers" also went to the bank because of her. Sharron Stone must have passed the torch to her in the late 90's.