Movies You Like That Nobody Else Does

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Interesting list. The likes of Labyrinth and FOTN are bascially cult cheese fests which hold a certain fondness for people who grow up in the 80s. Zombie's Halloween is just an insult to the origanal and to horror fans. An example of why it isn't always a good thing to have fan make a movie.

Just on Fever Pitch why do you think people don't like it? Always got the impression that it was well recieved. I really enjoyed it.

I'm a huge fan of the original Halloween Series so I was surprised that I enjoyed Zombie's take on it, sometimes things don't make much sense
As far as Fever Pitch, I think it was pretty heavily slammed amongst sports enthusiasts (I listen to a lot of sports talk radio) so maybe it was better recieved through the general public.... I pretty much just have the hots for Drew Barrymore

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the original Halloween Series so I was surprised that I enjoyed Zombie's take on it, sometimes things don't make much sense
As far as Fever Pitch, I think it was pretty heavily slammed amongst sports enthusiasts (I listen to a lot of sports talk radio) so maybe it was better recieved through the general public.... I pretty much just have the hots for Drew Barrymore

Oh sorry two different films. I was thinking of the 90s fillm based on the Nick Hornby novel starring Colin Firth. I have no interest in seeing the other one.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
[/B]

Oh sorry two different films. I was thinking of the 90s fillm based on the Nick Hornby novel starring Colin Firth. I have no interest in seeing the other one.

that's more the reaction I expected, Am a fan of Colin Firth though and might check out the other film... so Thanks

Pete

Reaction score
Interesting list. The likes of Labyrinth and FOTN are bascially cult cheese fests which hold a certain fondness for people who grow up in the 80s. Zombie's Halloween is just an insult to the origanal and to horror fans. An example of why it isn't always a good thing to have fan make a movie.

Just on Fever Pitch why do you think people don't like it? Always got the impression that it was well recieved. I really enjoyed it.

Are we talking about Brit Fever Pitch or US Fever Pitch though Keith?

EDIT: Nevermind you sorted that out.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
LOL @ the Halloween fans who complain about Rob Zombie, did you forget Halloween 3, H20, & Resurection?

With the very rare exception, I enjoy nearly every movie listed in this thread.

Childs Play
Jonah Hex
Repo: The Genetic Opera
Grave Mistake
Wild Things
Howard The Duck

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
LOL @ the Halloween fans who complain about Rob Zombie, did you forget Halloween 3, H20, & Resurection?

With the very rare exception, I enjoy nearly every movie listed in this thread.
Childs Play
Jonah Hex
Repo: The Genetic Opera
Grave Mistake
Wild Things
Howard The Duck

Yeah and I am sure those might be even worse, but that doesn't mean that Zombie's version isn't shit. Thing is he attempted to do a shot by shot remake which just felt flat and was never scary, it liked the slow build up of atmosphere or the stand out performances of the oraginal. The direction was ropey and worse he made it cheesy.

Of your list most seem good guilty pleasures I love Wild Things! But why do you think Child's Play was not well liked? Surely many see it as a landmark horror of the late 80s/early 90s period. I was young when it first came out and it had a huge impact on me.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Another movie I really like is Alexander: Revisited.

It's the uncut version, however, I hate Angelina Jolie with a passion, and whenever she's on screen, I hit "next chapter". It's a completely different movie. And it's abot 5 times better too. Nobody out there liked Alexander. Nobody!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Another movie I really like is Alexander: Revisited.

It's the uncut version, however, I hate Angelina Jolie with a passion, and whenever she's on screen, I hit "next chapter". It's a completely different movie. And it's abot 5 times better too. Nobody out there liked Alexander. Nobody!

I have not been the biggest Jolie fan, but check her out in Changeling and A Mighty Heart and you will see her in a different light.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I have not been the biggest Jolie fan, but check her out in Changeling and A Mighty Heart and you will see her in a different light.

Loved her in Changeling! and I am no fan either despite her being in several movies I do enjoy (Hackers, Pushing Tin, the Bone Collector)

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
By all accounts, Wild Things is a shitty movie, with some nice tits. Thats being nice, but having a huge crush on Neve Campbell I enjoy watching her make out with Denise Richardson.

Child's Play is one of those movies that when people look back on it, its in a joking manner. I have never heard anyone call it a "quenticential classic", and have heard about the hatred people have for a plastic doll. Only when I peeled back everything and really sat down to watch it did I actually find it enjoyable at all, and even then it was more funny than horror, and it wasnt meant to be funny.

About Zombie, and Halloween. He created nearly 40 minutes of new history for Michael, and removed alot of the parts from the original that slowed down the pace where it wasnt needed. His vision of Michael was meant to make him more realistic, and diverge away from the comparrisons to Jason(who when you really boil it down, are essentially the same character before Zombie touches it). I personally thought it was great fanservice, and that Zombie was the best man for the job asides from John Carpenter, and stands as my favorite remake. The thing about it being made into a cheesy horror movie, is that is the perception of them, all horror movies are cheesy, or campy. Malcom McDowell was amazing is both movies(but then again I have never seen him in anything I didnt like), and Sherri Moon as Michaels mother was one of my favorite things about the remake.

Reaction score
The majority of people I talk to hated the Resident Evil Series, but I love them. Of course, I've never really took the time to play the game and that was one of their biggest complaints, it doesn't follow the games.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The first Resident Evil movie was alright. The rest were pretty silly. "Not following the game" was the least of those movies' problems. The acting was pretty terrible, particularly in 2 which is why I couldn't get into it.

"Escape from LA" was another silly movie that's still just badass enough to enjoy sometimes.

Pete

Reaction score
[MENTION=2430]ThatGuyFromNukemHigh[/MENTION] really? I think that was the only movie where I DISliked Sheri Moon. She's awesome in Rejects as a looney-tunes psychoslut, but playing a harried mother of a disturbed child...no, sorry.

[MENTION=494]We Are Legion[/MENTION] how about the scene where Milla shoots the zombie, and it doesn't die; then she uses A FUCKING BAZOOKA against it, and it doesn't die; but a good kick to the head, THAT does the trick. :kidding:

[MENTION=2245]Rated R Superstar[/MENTION] haven't seen Episode III (only SW I haven't seen yet), but I heard it's better than the other two, and almost up to par with the original three.

Last edited: