Morrison the main eventer... How will he get there?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
First i agree with those that said his mic skills need work they do. But then something could easily be done about that.

I think that working in some capacity with HBK either with him as a face or against him as a heel will definitely help propel Morrison to the ME stage. But having said that, I don't think he is ready for it just yet, Maybe end of next year.

As for breaking them up. Either Draft, fired from ECW or just do what they do most of the time when they want a tag split. Have them turn on each other.

noumenon

I'm sure we'll see Morrison spend another year or so floating around the mid card. He just grabbed another title run with Miz...this time on the RAW side. I'm sure come next draft lottery judging on how he does on his "guest run" on RAW we could definately see him drafted back to RAW. Personally I think the right place for him now would be the IC title division feuding with Punk after he wraps up with Regal. I too am guilty of fantasizing of the HBK/Morrison breakout feud... I really think it would be great and an instant make or break for Morrison. I think that's what should be done for most of these young guys instead of making them flounder around for years on end....mvp.......

JTG

Reaction score
CMS said:
Hell no.

John Morrison was an upgrade from Johnny Nitro. It would make no sense to go back. Please, next time put some thought on your posts.

How's Morrison an upgrade from Nitro? Quite exactly the same gimmick, honestly, and it would make sense to go back if he was repaired with Melina.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

How's Morrison an upgrade from Nitro? Quite exactly the same gimmick, honestly, and it would make sense to go back if he was repaired with Melina.

Quite exactly? lul

Morrison is much different to Nitro. He has his sayings, he's more arrogant and he's more rockstar focussed. Nitro was more of a Hollywood a-lister.

Why would you repair him with Melina? That ship has saled. it's not going to move him up the card.

Airfixx

No point rushing him into the ME. Especially seeing as he's still developing his non-ring skills. I also don't really like the idea fueding him with Miz... I don't see it really stirring up much heat. I say just draft them apart and keep the affiliation a bit like a DX or something.

Morrison > Raw for IC to eventual world title push (emphasising his classic cocky/arrogant/better-than-you heel traits.).

Miz > ECW to chase the ECW title (pushing a somewhat more vicious side to his character).

When it's time to build him as a singles guy, there's a good selection of guys for him to face on Raw and I can see a clear route for himm into the ME (depending on to what degree WWE want to pull the trigger)...

Hass, Noble, Kofi, Punk(*), Rey, HBK (kinda in that order of conquest.)

(*Maybe keep these two seperate actually for the sake of furture fueds should they both become bonafide ME-ers.)