Morrison the main eventer... How will he get there?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

Which would ultimately kill his career after a failed title run.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
John Morrison should win the Royal Rumble and then have a match with Jeff Hardy at No Way Out which decides the opponent of John Cena at WrestleMania, the match should end in a draw and at WrestleMania 25, Morrison defeats both John Cena and Jeff Hardy as a heel.

.........REALLY?!

C4

Nothing is wrong with that :rolleyes:

Maybe we should wait another two years before this can actually happen. In all seriousness though, Morrison needs some major singles feud against one of the Main event superstars of RAW (John Cena?) that's the key to his future heel career's success.

Moonlight Drive

You honestly want Morrison to take on Cena? Anybody would know that spells instant burial for him.

Two years and a lot of big wins and Morrison will still barely be on a level to take on the man that is Super-Cena.

seX-Power

Exactly, and even a feud with Shawn Michaels is out of the question until at least another year, and a feud or two won for Morrison.

-TJ-

I honestly would love to see a Morrison/HBK feud. I have been hoping to god they would do that. They gave me a tease but not a feud so fuck them!!!!!!!!

And also.

C4 said:
John Morrison should win the Royal Rumble and then have a match with Jeff Hardy at No Way Out which decides the opponent of John Cena at WrestleMania, the match should end in a draw and at WrestleMania 25, Morrison defeats both John Cena and Jeff Hardy as a heel.

No, Hell No. If Morrison is going to take the title off of someone, it's not going to be Cena. At least, not yet.
X-Power said:
Exactly, and even a feud with Shawn Michaels is out of the question until at least another year, and a feud or two won for Morrison.

Ugggg I would have to disagree. WWE can easily start one because of what has happened the past two months.

Rolling Stone said:
Two years and a lot of big wins and Morrison will still barely be on a level to take on the man that is Super-Cena.

I sadly agree.

Haight

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing a gradual feud build-up between Miz and Morrison begin on The Dirt Sheet. Maybe begin by Morrison throwing a few verbal jabs at Miz in the first week. Maybe the second week have Miz go to sit down...only to have the chair collapse from under him, and Morrison smirking while Miz is on the floor. On the third week have Morrison "unintentionally" hit Miz in the head with his elbow.On the surface everything will appear to be business as usual, but fans will see that something is not quite right. By doing this, Miz has a better chance of gaining more sympathy from the fans and it will help set Miz up for a face turn. As this is happening, definitely have things things go on in ring too. I guess my main point is that Morrison's turn on Miz should be a gradual one and not just wrapped up in one defining moment. Morrison has a lot more potential to become an even more egotistical character..and definitley a feud with Michaels would be interesting...

"Sorry MIZ! There is no room in the palace of wisdom...for a pathetic sidekick!!"

MattC13

Reaction score
WWE tends to kill tag teams off with a big disagrement and a short fued, so I see that with Miz being face and Morrison being heel. They should plan it for No Way Out, with Morrison winning, and then going to WM25 and winning Money in the Bank. Even though I think Shelton would win it he'd still have a good chance.

chessarmy

The first step is to draft Morrison to either RAW or Smackdown! Preferably RAW since he appears there every week anyway. Keep Miz on ECW, and you have successfully broken up the tag team. Then, work on Morrison's mic skills. Have him cut long heel promos to see if he can talk, if he "passes the test" then let him go on a winning streak. Continue to have him go over a bunch of mid-carders, then eventually give him a World Title shot. Morrison should stay a heel for at least another 2-3 years before they have enough confidence in him to turn him face.

Enigma22

Reaction score
^You kidding? He's just as good as Punk and Punk main evented Raw for 3 or 4 months right off the bat of leaving ECW. Mic skills are below average? Wow....
ok if u like his mic skills atleast think about him vs cena or batista or hhh or taker or randy orton or anyone else i mentioned in my first place. do u think he could have a chance at winning one of those matches. i dont think so. he can stay in it obviously cause its scripted but hes not gonna with anything but a roll up or cheating and even with that i doubt he could win. it would make a main eventer look week to lose to morrison besides michael and jericho because they are just as small as morrison. i dont think he could do anything against those two and hardy and i think he would still lose to them all. hes a good wrestler but hes not that good.

The Rated R CMStar

We have already seen Morrison vs Cena and I can believe Cena losing to him.

We saw Batista lose to CM Punk, or at least Punk hang in there, so I can see Morrison doing the same.

Size has nothing to do.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Morrison should become a Main Eventer by throwing the Miz through a glass window on some nameless segment.

anyway, I don't really know if they're going to pull the trigger on Morrison that quickly. They should eventually do something with Miz and Morrison, they've wrestled probably the whole WWE roster already.

Having him tell jokes is fine for a midcarder, but that's it. He's so robotic on the mic, the Miz makes up for him there. He's really athletic and entertaining as a wrestler, but I've never really seen him in a big, dramatic match throughout his career, and I don't know if he can keep the crowd interested in that when they want to see him do a Corkscrew or pose and flip his hair. I think that will be his true challenge, if he can be taken seriously after all the stuff he and the Miz have done recently.

The Rated R CMStar

CM Punk vs John Morrison for the ECW Belt (when Punk won it), was truly dramatic match. I dont think the problem lies on his ring abilities, as his antics can even be kept intact (Rick Rude anybody?).

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
CM Punk vs John Morrison for the ECW Belt (when Punk won it), was truly dramatic match. I dont think the problem lies on his ring abilities, as his antics can even be kept intact (Rick Rude anybody?).

I remember that match now, but if that's only one match, what about the rest? They need to give him a chance to have a match that builds up, not a multi person spot match or a tag match that doesn't really mean anything. there needs to be more of a presence to him, something that makes the fans want to boo him just because he's there.

The Rated R CMStar

I could bring in more matches, however that's the one that sparks the most. Crowd was really into his matches with John Cena. The rest, well, they have either been tag matches or midcard matches that nobody cares. Altough his matches against Wang Moore and The Hardys as a tag team member have been really enjoyable.