More info on new Florida Base promotion.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
except for the fact that ECW is good. lol jk roh is pretty good but i don't get it where i live on my tv which is kinda sad since im only like an hour or maybe 2 away

I'm the same distance away and I just drive to those shows. Plus you need an HD connection to obviously get and order HDNet.

And why do people still think AJ Styles is young. He is something like 32 or 33 years old.

...god...

Reaction score
That is pretty young...

Also, FUCK YEAH AT VADER!!!

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Well Richards is 38 and Styles is like 33.. Kazarians getting their too so i don't wanna hear anybody talking about that EV 2.0 is old and Fortunes not... Especially since fortune has Ric Flair whos God only knows how old.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I think when people say young in the wrestling business it means more young blood who havent had major pushes before. Hell most wrestlers really dont peak until there around say 34 anyway because wrestlers generally pay there dues for years in the indys.

Cant remember how old Cena and CM Punk is but they are mid 30's as well. And generally it takes wrestlers about two-three years to become main event caliber talent sometimes much longer sometimes much shorter.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I don't see where this is a bad thing at all. I would love to see another promotion come into the fold. It'll bring me back to my youth where on any given day you could flip a cable station and find some promotion on tv. If this company brings in these vets, it's not a bad thing. I think with a lot of upstart promotions, you need a few well known names (no matter how good or bad in most cases) to generate interest. Bring in the younger talents that most fans haven't seen or have only seen in select indy companies, and you have yourself a new company that can generate money. We need more choices as fans. Not just different brands under the same banner. I hope this company gets up and going. Makes me wonder if they will get a TV deal??? Now that MTV 2 has Lucha Libre USA, woudln't surprise me one bit if MTV got into the fold again. I'll stay tuned to see what happens here.

Double J

Reaction score
I do hope this promotion goes big and does well, like Pumpt said the more promotions the better, but I still stick with that having great wrestling names alone and plenty of money wont do shit if they don't get a great writer in to give these guys matches. As much as I'd love for Heyman to take control of TNA, this thing in Florida may be he next best bet.