More info on 2013 WWE HOF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
There are different 'wings' of the HOF, WWE inducting Koko B Ware doesn't mean they think he is more deserving than Savage for example.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Ken Shamrock was somebody who could've done more in WWE, but seeing as he was a "Bret Hart" guy, he was made to look like a blueberry after all the buildup he had in 97.

There are still tons of guys who deserve to be in the HOF, I think of teams like Demolition, Hart Foundation, Freebirds, Rock & Roll and Midnight Express, and Cornette come to mind instantly.

I'd mark the fuck out if Cornette was inducted. What about JBL? Keep in mind I don't keep up with any of the HOF's really.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I'm all for Nash, Foley and Backlund being in the Hall but I can't see Foley being the headliner. Like Deezy said, he's not that big of a name. I would love to see Macho Man be inducted, but I don't think it's going to happen.

In trying to think of big names that haven't been inducted yet, there are very few who don't have political reasons behind them. Owen, Savage, Bruno, Warrior are all not in the Hall because of politics. Benoit isn't in because of what he did. Sting won't be in until he retires. So the question is, who is the big name that goes in this year?

The Undertaker. I can already see it...it's the Undertaker.

Reaction score
I don't know about this business of the WWE Hall of Fame having any wings. I know what you're getting at. But it's hard to think of it in such terms when it's a total work on top of a work. It's a marketing tool that gets used once a year, helps market certain deals such as when they got WCCW footage rights from the Von Erichs, or when they're inducting japanese or mexican wrestlers as part of their push for further international marketing expansion.

In essence, it's about marketing themselves and their business. Those that get inducted can often be those that further what they'd like to market at the moment those that can do business with them. Given the nuclear heat that was between Vince and Macho, I think Vince very well could have seen Koko as more deserving. At least he was willing to acquiesce and play ball by Vince's rules.

The business itself is a work. The formula for the WWE's success has taken that even further where it's less about being a skilled wrestler and just having the right look, a certain on screen presence.

That Ted Dibiase gets in and comes off like a headliner is a major work in itself given his actual career with the WWE.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Some good names being thrown around for this event. Would be good seeing Foley go in because he has done so much in so many companies. I think that WWE could get away with him headlining it if they wanted to go that direction as long as they had a couple more big names going in as well. Would be a very good chance to go in since it is in New York and if he does go in surely Terry Funk inducts him. Kevin Nash going in at the same time would be another good choice.