• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MLB Offseason Discussion Thread

Killswitch

Reaction score
This seems to make a case for Bonds to be in the HOF. Take out from 2000 on, and he is still the best player in the combined year totals from 87 to 2000. That in and of itself is enough, He should 100% on the first ballot, but will be lucky to get 75% on his 25th ballot.

Killswitch

Reaction score
There I was. About to buy a Michael Pineda Seattle Mariners shirt. Had it in my cart. Went to sleep. Woke up. "Pineda heading to the Yankees" MLB.com headline.

wtf.

A pitching prospect like that is the best trade chip you can have in MLB. I just don't see Montero helping that sorry ass lineup enough to warrant this trade, unless the Mariners have another move or two, but they've been pretty inactive up to this point.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
This seems to make a case for Bonds to be in the HOF. Take out from 2000 on, and he is still the best player in the combined year totals from 87 to 2000. That in and of itself is enough, He should 100% on the first ballot, but will be lucky to get 75% on his 25th ballot.

Ken Griffey Jr is and always will be a better player than Bonds, Bonds just happened to be more "efficient" because he drew more walks. Also, most experts agree that Griffey not been so injury plagued toward the end of his career or had he roided up like Bonds that he would in fact own the HR title right now.....but that's another debate.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Darvish, Rangers reach $60M deal

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Japanese ace Yu Darvish will be pitching in a Texas Rangers uniform in 2012, agreeing to a six-year deal worth approximately $60 million on Wednesday.

According to one source, Darvish can opt out of the final year of the deal if he meets certain parameters.

Darvish agreed to the deal, which according to a source includes $56 million guaranteed, just before Wednesday's 5 p.m. ET deadline. The agreement comes 30 days after the Rangers won the right to negotiate ...

Read full story

Hopefully this investment pays off for the Rangers. He definitely has promise, however they have committed a lot of money to a player who has never pitched in a MLB game.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Ken Griffey Jr is and always will be a better player than Bonds, Bonds just happened to be more "efficient" because he drew more walks. Also, most experts agree that Griffey not been so injury plagued toward the end of his career or had he roided up like Bonds that he would in fact own the HR title right now.....but that's another debate.

I would have to agree that if Griffey wasn't so injury prone towards the end then he would have had the HR record. He was a machine and was always seen as a clean player and nobody thought of him taking steroids or anything. He was just really really good at what he did.

Bonds... should be in the HOF as well. The was also amazing at what he did.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Source: Tigers to sign Prince Fielder

The Detroit Tigers and slugger Prince Fielder have agreed to a nine-year, $214 million deal, a source told ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick.

CBSSports.com and Yahoo! each had earlier reported the deal between the Tigers and the free-agent first baseman.

Detroit boldly stepped up in the Fielder sweepstakes after the recent knee injury to star Victor Martinez. A week ago, the Tigers announced that the productive designated hitter could miss the entire season after tearing his left ACL ...

Read full story

As good as Prince and Pujols are would you really want your team spending 200+ on the guy? When these contracts are done, these guys are going to be old and playing DH at best. I would honestly take 3 above average players for that salary over 1 Pujols or Fielder.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
It is a testament to the new Tex management that they Didn't sign Fielder. The old Texas Rangers would have signed Fielder and not signed Darvish. The new management chose pitching over hitting, which is why they are winning.

I'm a life long Angels fan, and I find that a lot of the Tex fans are pretty obnoxious considering they've only had a winning team for two years. But you gotta give Tex their props. They are well run and will build competitive teams for the forceable future.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Really think there's a power shift in the AL now, Detroit and the Angels have to be the top 2 teams.

If Trumbo can master 3rd and they get a healthy Morales back to DH then were looking pretty damn good, but if we still got Callaspo at 3rd and no Morales i think a few teams will be better.

Just too many x-factors with the Angels at the moment.

Get ready for this kind of stuff next year Scott :p