MLB Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Don't follow baseball much but just mostly curious to see where Albert ends up as I think Tony retiring is gonna have a great effect in him feeling comfy enough to leave STL if the money is there which I'm pretty sure everyone will be throwing the check book at him.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I'd say it's 65/35 right now him staying a Cardinal. Why not use the extra money they are getting for winning the Series to put a little more into the 9-year, 200 mil deal they offered him.

Ben

Reaction score
He'll stay in St. Louis, I think that's where he ends up getting the most money, unless the Yanks make a big play to get him.

Here's the Silver Slugger award winners announced earlier today.

Pos. Player Team Silver Sluggers 1B Adrian Gonzalez BOS 1 2B Robinson Cano NYY 3 SS Asdrubral Cabrera CLE 1 3B Adrian Beltre TEX 3 OF Curtis Granderson NYY 1 OF Jose Bautista TOR 2 OF Jacoby Ellsbury BOS 1 C Alex Avila DET 1 DH David Ortiz BOS 5 National League Pos. Player Team Silver Sluggers 1B Prince Fielder MIL 2 2B Brandon Phillips CIN 1 SS Troy Tulowitzki COL 2 3B Aramis Ramirez CHC 1 OF Ryan Braun MIL 4 OF Matt Kemp LAD 2 OF Justin Upton ARI 1 C Brian McCann ATL 5 P Daniel Hudson ARI 1

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'd be stunned if the Yankees didn't come in with some insane offer since they could match any offer the Cards could offer probably.

Killswitch

Reaction score
If the Cards come off a WS with anything less than say a WS berth and don't sign Pujols they'll draw instant ire from fans who won't care about the details.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Yankees won't go after Pujols. He's not worth it to them. Offense is their last need, especially w/ Granderson's power numbers now. If they're going to spend money, it'll be on pitching. They oughta go after CJ Wilson or Yu Darvish. The SP market is pretty bare this season, however.

Killswitch

Reaction score
CJ Wilson would be a horrible signing for the Yanks. He had a career year, and NYY would give this guy 20 mil or something. Shades of Pavano.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Well, they need to do something, because after Sabathia and perhaps Nova, that rotation is beyond horrible.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I think the Yanks should focus all their attention on Yu Darvish and resign Freddy. Freddy can piece the rotation together for the first half when guys like Yu, Banuelos and Betances can come up and be contributors for the remainder of the year.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Silver Slugger for my home boy Avila! Went to High School with him for 2 years (he moved back to Florida).

Where do people see Reyes ending up?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I had the guy on my fantasy baseball team so that is all I kept hearing about if Reyes was gonna get dealt or not and I bet after all that he just stays a met.

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
He's definitely not staying with the Mets. They don't have the kind of money necessary to re-sign him. Some other team will give him more than what Carl Crawford makes, and he won't be able to turn it down. As for where? I have no clue.

Killswitch

Reaction score
He'll stay in St. Louis, I think that's where he ends up getting the most money, unless the Yanks make a big play to get him.

Here's the Silver Slugger award winners announced earlier today.

Pos. Player Team Silver Sluggers 1B Adrian Gonzalez BOS 1 2B Robinson Cano NYY 3 SS Asdrubral Cabrera CLE 1 3B Adrian Beltre TEX 3 OF Curtis Granderson NYY 1 OF Jose Bautista TOR 2 OF Jacoby Ellsbury BOS 1 C Alex Avila DET 1 DH David Ortiz BOS 5 National League Pos. Player Team Silver Sluggers 1B Prince Fielder MIL 2 2B Brandon Phillips CIN 1 SS Troy Tulowitzki COL 2 3B Aramis Ramirez CHC 1 OF Ryan Braun MIL 4 OF Matt Kemp LAD 2 OF Justin Upton ARI 1 C Brian McCann ATL 5 P Daniel Hudson ARI 1

Miggy not winning in the AL was a bit silly. Interestingly Justin Upton seems like a reverse of the Gold Glove (where good offense wins you a defensive award). Here Upton had a super great all-around season and is getting an offensive award where there were better choices (Berkman, Holliday, Beltran, etc). Not bad...those are the only really badly questionable ones, IMO.