Miz to stay champ till mania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

Reaction score
They would not have Cena beat Taker at Mania, not as long as they want to keep Cena a face. The huge '05-'06 backlash against him would be back immediately, if not stronger.

Not if it's done correctly.

Make it a respect thing. Everyone knows Undertaker is about to retire. They can have it similar to last years, where Undertaker puts out an open challenge, and Cena responds to it, saying how facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania is the biggest of the big, blah blah blah, both men put in their very best, blah blah, and in the main event, Cena prevails in a very back-and-forth match, where Undertaker raises Cena's hand in victory, Cena claps him and stuff, yada yada.

AF.

Reaction score
I'd really consider leaving the IWC the backlash to that would be so huge ^.

I'm not completely against it, though.

Kizza

Reaction score
It makes sense to go down that path though. No one else really deserves to face Undertaker, besides Kane.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
Saying Punk is in the mold of Rey, Jericho, and Foley but not in the HHH, Cena, or Dave mold which Miz has a chance to reach because of his look and marketability is bashing him?

When you're saying that the terrible Cody Rhodes CAN, then yes. Punk has the mic skills, he has the gimmick, he has the wrestling skills. Rhodes had mediocre mic skills, a gimmick already becoming stale, and average wrestling skills. Although I do acknowledge that wrestling skills aren't a very big role in the WWE these days, I'd rather watch an ENTERTAINING match as a main event. Not some wrestler WANNABE who thinks he's good looking.

Anyone ever notice how Rhodes's nose piercing completely controdicts his gimmick?

As for Cena vs Taker, I think it would have worked....two years ago. I actually wanted to see it two years ago. Now? Definitely not interested. Besides, they already did Taker vs Michaels, and they obviously booked Michaels as being the best the WWE has against the Undertaker. Cena wouldn't look strrong enough to beat Taker in the long run.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Oh god. Miz is OK and all...but c'mon. I can't take that.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
When you're saying that the terrible Cody Rhodes CAN, then yes. Punk has the mic skills, he has the gimmick, he has the wrestling skills. Rhodes had mediocre mic skills, a gimmick already becoming stale, and average wrestling skills. Although I do acknowledge that wrestling skills aren't a very big role in the WWE these days, I'd rather watch an ENTERTAINING match as a main event. Not some wrestler WANNABE who thinks he's good looking.

Anyone ever notice how Rhodes's nose piercing completely controdicts his gimmick?

As for Cena vs Taker, I think it would have worked....two years ago. I actually wanted to see it two years ago. Now? Definitely not interested. Besides, they already did Taker vs Michaels, and they obviously booked Michaels as being the best the WWE has against the Undertaker. Cena wouldn't look strrong enough to beat Taker in the long run.

I never called Cody a future WWE champion, let alone the future MAN of WWE before. I did say he had a chance on SD to be WHC if Swagger won it when they were stuck on MyTV, but I never said Rhodes would be bigger than Punk

I am saying that Miz will be a bigger star and more transcendent into other genres than Punk ever could though in his place.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Eh he's 25. Who knows what will happen to him.

Put on some weight in your legs though dude...ffs.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The thing with adding weight is that if he puts some on he might balloon like Dusty and Dustin. Genetics can be a bitch.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I'm just gonna come out and say it...Miz is not someone that can hold my attention for a run till WrestleMania, not yet at least. I can enjoy him in reasonable doses easily, but a run till WrestleMania would really bum me out, I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
With Trips and Taker returning and the Mania build you won't have to solely pay attention to Miz. If he was on SmackDown though, you would have to be really pissed off since they lack direction.