Miz and Dolph to Team Up?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He turned back face when Kofi attacked him when he tried to shake his hand. The fact is they returned him because the dummies realized Christmas Bounty was coming out like two weeks later

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
What a shit combination.

This is just taking the piss outta Dolph's career.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Of the two Miz had the higher pinnacle and better career. He's the better talent

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What a shit combination.

This is just taking the piss outta Dolph's career.
Because Ziggler career has been great so far?

Team will be fine if given camera time and Miz takes the mic while Ziggler just adds a few lines. Miz has a good track record with tag teams and think that is where he should be until he gets hot again.

Oh and <Miz turning heel/face....thought WWE made it clear that antiquated and old shit no longer applies.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
This would make a good team. I like both guys, I think their current on screen attitudes would work well together and I enjoy both men's mic work. I really hope this happens.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I thought Miz turned heel like a month ago against Kofi? I guess not?

I don't know why I can't get excited for this. Probably because I know this isn't a team WWE will build to last. The idea of it at least, it's possible they can find ways to be entertaining together and convince me one they're out there doing stuff. I just don't really want it, though. Did anyone actually ask for this? The kind of people who think that a wrestler on TV acknowledging the internet exists is still the edgiest thing.

That's what the idea for this team reminds me of, two guys so desperate to get over they'll team up and make it their schtick, high-fiving their web forum supporters with references to Twitter with each promo. It's more funny than serious to me. I kinda want them to cover their trunks in hashtags, replacing their entrance themes with "We're Not Gonna Take It!".

The angle could work for Miz or Dolph individually. Having them team up and do the angle together is like WWE saying to me "We need to give these guys something to do. Please be nice to them for a while".

To the rest of us it's like the WWE is saying "Let's give these guys roles their good at." Miz is decent in the ring and great on the mic. Ziggler is great in the ring and horrible on the mic. They can cover each other's downsides, and play off of each other's up sides.

Speaking of which, I want to make #PunkreplacingLawler trend. Who's in?

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
To the rest of us it's like the WWE is saying "Let's give these guys roles their good at." Miz is decent in the ring and great on the mic. Ziggler is great in the ring and horrible on the mic. They can cover each other's downsides, and play off of each other's up sides.

Fair enough. You could make the case that they can cover each others' weaknesses, I am actually a little interested in how they mesh and thought about the pairing before. I can see why some would love this.

Personally I'm not feeling it, even though I like both Miz and Ziggler for the reasons you mentioned. It's mostly the concept. I often enjoy the behind the veil, meta-storylines WWE does lately, usually because the people involved are appropriate and the segments sound passionate and believable. In this case it feels more forced, something about the timing of the angle combined with the desperation of their promos these days (mostly Dolph) makes me unsure.

We haven't seen them yet so I'm only going with my gut. But this could easily go the way of RybAxel if they don't actually DO much.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
That can be interesting. I don't like Miz a lot but since he is a face, i really hated him. He was really boring. All those Miz TV's were making me sick. He is just not a good face, or maybe, WWE couldn't made him a good face, who knows that. The point is, Miz was going absolutely nowhere as a face. Being face is a lose for both him and WWE as he is not interesting.

For Dolph, I am not a big fan of him but he is a great talent. He is really athletic and entertaining. Last year he dropped the ball because of himself. As far as I know he talked about WWE's management and than there was a heat on him. He is a good face but he is not going anywhere right now, just like Miz.

Now using both of them as aggressive team can be good. Miz is really good on mic as heel and Dolph is great in the ring. They can talk about how they are hold back for months. As some of WWE's teams are breaking up (PTP and soon The Shield) they can be a good choice for WWE Tag Team Division. With that, they can rise once again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah this team could work.