Miz and Dolph to Team Up?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
- Regarding the recent WWE App promo by Dolph Ziggler and The Miz's quick commentary appearance on RAW last night, the idea is to do a "disgruntled angry men" tag team with the two.

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

Will work out for them. Miz and Morrison were the same when they united on ecw, Miz and Truth did it all the way to a ppv match vs Rock and Cena, and ShowMiz was two angry guys. Miz can pull it off and get them enough heat to do something relevant, which is more than either is doing now, as neither man is close to world title material with just one belt, and they've done meaningless midcard runs to death

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Fuck it why not at this point as neither is doing anything. Could see it possibly working just as good as Miz/Morrison except this time Dolph is better on the mic and in the ring than Jomo.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I mean at first I said the fuck, but then I remembered Miz can make any team interesting. There was the Morrison stuff like you said, but Awesome Truth were over and had heat until truth got suspended. ShowMiz also was better than jerishow in my opinion and one of shows better random pairings.

I think they should maybe stick Sandow and Fandango together too since neither guy is doing anything.

The fact is Miz, Dolph, Sandow, Fandango, Truth, and Wade have floundered around in the singles division. There is only one world title, Langston shouldn't have the IC title taken off him, and the US title may as well have Reigns engraved on it before they unite them. The midcard divisions need to be reworked, and with these tag teams splitting up with guys who are over in Goldust, Cody, Swagger, Kofi, Cesaro, Titus, and even a healthy (knock on wood) Mysterio and Christian there's just no room. Swap the tag guys to the midcard, and these floundering mid cards to the tag ranks for a 1-2 year period to get back over and relevant so that they will have a story when they inevitably split.

Reactions: Chris Dresdon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
At first I was like meh, but then I started thinking and this wouldn't be that bad. Would help the tag division a lot and I think both guys would benefit from it. Lets just see how they work together.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Another thing, its obvious Miz will do most the talking as Dolph is still awful with a live crowd. He cuts them promos on pretapes well where he can redo it over and over, but in front of a crowd you always see why AJ and Vickie talked for him. Miz has practice with JoMo

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Another thing, its obvious Miz will do most the talking as Dolph is still awful with a live crowd. He cuts them promos on pretapes well where he can redo it over and over, but in front of a crowd you always see why AJ and Vickie talked for him. Miz has practice with JoMo

I disagree as I've enjoyed Dolph's live promos for awhile now, I just think it's his voice that ruins them, not the deliver. Sounds so high and bitchy.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah gonna disagree as well about Dolph he has improved on the mic and cut a promo when he isn't given shit to work with. I haven't cared for Miz's mic work in a long time to say he should do most of the talking.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I disagree as I've enjoyed Dolph's live promos for awhile now, I just think it's his voice that ruins them, not the deliver. Sounds so high and bitchy.
Fair enough, it may just be a pitch of his voice problem as opposed to the shut the fuck up Morrison problem.

Yeah gonna disagree as well about Dolph he has improved on the mic and cut a promo when he isn't given shit to work with. I haven't cared for Miz's mic work in a long time to say he should do most of the talking.
Heel Miz, not face I'm hosting some bs show Miz. I ink heel Miz is definitely the better mic worker. He talked his way to the wwe title on raw and then he and Truth talked their way into a feud with Hunter and later Cena/Rock. Miz can douche it with the best

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Tag team name to be cleavland steamer plz

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Yeah, Miz's face run is just all around shit. A turn for him is needed badly. Never seen Miz and Ziggy work together, so I don't know how well they'll click, but it can't be worse than what either of them are doing now. nb4 Mizler vs Outlaws.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Can't say I'm enthused by the thought of this but I can at least see the reasoning behind it. Plus with The Shield imploding any time now and the same with The Rhodes then a new decentish team needs to be in place

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Fair enough, it may just be a pitch of his voice problem as opposed to the shut the fuck up Morrison problem.

Heel Miz, not face I'm hosting some bs show Miz. I ink heel Miz is definitely the better mic worker. He talked his way to the wwe title on raw and then he and Truth talked their way into a feud with Hunter and later Cena/Rock. Miz can douche it with the best
Yeah I know but even heel Miz wasn't doing it for me for a while hence why I originally was clamoring for a face turn which yeah that went to shit. Think the last time I truly enjoyed his mic work was his feud with Cena when he was doing his best WCW Jericho impersonation and some of his stuff with R-Truth.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
AWESOME!
I'm here to show the world
I came to play to play theres a price to pay.

Mash up won't be bad at least, as this Rhodes Brother shit is still weird to me

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Can't say I'm enthused by the thought of this but I can at least see the reasoning behind it. Plus with The Shield imploding any time now and the same with The Rhodes then a new decentish team needs to be in place
11587_457194811076581_481080463_n.jpg

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I thought Miz turned heel like a month ago against Kofi? I guess not?

I don't know why I can't get excited for this. Probably because I know this isn't a team WWE will build to last. The idea of it at least, it's possible they can find ways to be entertaining together and convince me one they're out there doing stuff. I just don't really want it, though. Did anyone actually ask for this? The kind of people who think that a wrestler on TV acknowledging the internet exists is still the edgiest thing.

That's what the idea for this team reminds me of, two guys so desperate to get over they'll team up and make it their schtick, high-fiving their web forum supporters with references to Twitter with each promo. It's more funny than serious to me. I kinda want them to cover their trunks in hashtags, replacing their entrance themes with "We're Not Gonna Take It!".

The angle could work for Miz or Dolph individually. Having them team up and do the angle together is like WWE saying to me "We need to give these guys something to do. Please be nice to them for a while".