Michael Cole is the HEEL commentator right?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
JoeRulz said:
Michael Cole is just awful, and I don't see how the talent burying on commentary can be good for the business. It's just the way he puts himself over, which is totally unnecessary.

This is why he needs to become a manager. However, I like his commentary and think he's a great heel. That's just me, though.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JoeRulz said:
Michael Cole is just awful, and I don't see how the talent burying on commentary can be good for the business. It's just the way he puts himself over, which is totally unnecessary.

He has no one to bounce off. Cole says "This guy is just a nerd" King replies with "Oh shut up Cole" He doesn't help any of the talent by having no come-backs for Cole. Cole is a good heel commentator in my opinion if used right, on SmackDown he's pure gold. Replace King!

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
So why in the hell does he still hate on DB? Why does he constantly drool over Cena/Orton/and now Sheamus?

He needs to be consistent or gtfo

Many people are complaining about how bad this craphole is as a commentator.

I also thought during Smackdown that Cole is now gonna protect DB since he's Heel, but it seems like he can't handle his job well.

Also on a Raw taping i don't remember when but he said and i quote "Who writes your stuff?" to Lawler I don't know if that's okay to say but it really seemed a bit out of characterly to talk about creative backstage work during Raw which is live on TV. I mean we all know that they get scripts and stuff but why would they want Cole to say "Who writes your stuff" ?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Simmer down Crayo it's not like the concept of a heel announcer is over our heads. we get what you are saying about Lawler being pathetic, obviously no one will dispute that. It's why Josh Matthews should be on Raw, not Lawler. He at least makes a point to bring up counter points to Cole's BS or mention a wrestlers achievements, or what have you.

My biggest hang up is Cole putting over top faces. It shouldn't happen, period. They don't need it either. Cole couldn't bury Cena or Orton in the casual fans eyes no matter what he said, so what's the point?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Simmer down Crayo it's not like the concept of a heel announcer is over our heads. we get what you are saying about Lawler being pathetic, obviously no one will dispute that. It's why Josh Matthews should be on Raw, not Lawler. He at least makes a point to bring up counter points to Cole's BS or mention a wrestlers achievements, or what have you.

My biggest hang up is Cole putting over top faces. It shouldn't happen, period. They don't need it either. Cole couldn't bury Cena or Orton in the casual fans eyes no matter what he said, so what's the point?

Matthews and Regal for RAW!

And yeah. But I said this earlier, super-faces are going to get that treatment. They want to make sure no one turns on them. I'm like you, I don't understand it, but it's Cole being told not to do that. Can't blame Cole for that at all.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Obviously you can't blame Cole for what he's being told to do, it ruins his kayfabe character though

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Obviously you can't blame Cole for what he's being told to do, it ruins his kayfabe character though

Replace Cole with Cena in that quote

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JC4Life37 said:
Replace Cole with Cena in that quote

Slightly different scenario. John is the face of the company, Cole is a mere commentator. One can demand a change the other can't.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
NO!Cole should just turn back into a face commentary he was GREAT AT! B/c he was himself! He was a nomral guy just commentary and when he did that he was a GREAT COMMENTARY! Ever since he turn heel he been nothing back PAIN IN THE ASS! B/c he being someone or is trying to be someone he NOT! Which is why his commentary hossiable now! Watch so old match 5 years ago when he was SmackDown as a Face Commentary and u will see he was GREAT commentary when he was a face

SpaceR

The Artiste
Reaction score
It's hard for him not to hate on DB. Why? Because Cole HATED him while he was a face and when DB turns heel, does that mean Cole should automatically like him? No, it's unrealistic and too over the top.

Reaction score
Michael needs to turn face and Lawler for heel. It'll never happen though...:cry:

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I absolutely love SmackDown commentary so I have nothing to complain about. I have heard reports though that Cole basically says what Vince tells him too on RAW.

I would like to see those reports too.
Oh i forgot they are like Bible, non existant bullshit.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
I would like to see those reports too.
Oh i forgot they are like Bible, non existant bullshit.

[video=youtube]http://youtube.co/watch?v=s_9LjBNC85c[/video]

"The rest of them will take it, Lawler will just quit"

Doesn't directly mention Cole but he says over commentators, which would include Cole.